Why do the Packers struggle to beat good teams?

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You quoted me and said

You have a hard time following

I never once said practice-you brought it up

Third time now

Read my initial quotes from that story and how MM compared Rodgers

If you wont or cant acknowledge MM explains Rodgers is different then I am done

ok you are done. I've already explained to you 50 times what I meant. And I have already responded to his comments that you posted multiple times. No one is more sick of arguing semantics than I. I'm rather sick of repeating myself. Obviously we aren't getting anywhere here.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
one fans assessment on how Rodgers needed MM

http://sidelinesapp.com/item/what-ifthe-san-francisco-49ers-drafted-aaron-rodgers/

For a Rodgers fan you're dropping the ball on just how good Mike McCarthy is and how detrimental he was to his development.

If Rodgers was drafted by the 9ers he'd probably be out of the league. Rodgers was a very raw, undersized QB coming out that needed a complete overhaul in mechanics.

This wasn't happening on San Francisco who proceeded to go through like 3-4 offensive coordinators in Alex Smith's first few years and was coached by underachieving, poor defensive head coaches (Mike Nolan, Mike Singletary.)

Rodgers benefited by being drafted with Mike McCarthy as head coach. His overhaul in mechanics made him go from a pretty raw QB as a prospect to the best QB in the league. Rodgers elite footwork/mechanics have strengthened all of the questions he had as a prospect -- like arm strength and inexperience.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
though he didn't have acl surgery in college.

Rodgers said he did----Well..... he had reconstructive surgery, so technically you are right....not "acl"

http://www.jsonline.com/packerinsider/32504434.html

When Cal coach Jeff Tedford began recruiting Rodgers, the quarterback made a campus visit to Berkeley. According to Rodgers, the Golden Bears’ doctors didn’t know about his ACL and, for whatever reason, didn’t mention it after an examination.

That August, during his first training camp at Cal, Rodgers hurt the same knee. “I’m sure there was a lot of scar tissue,” he said. “I probably tore the scar tissue. “I had an MRI. They told me I had a torn ACL. “I said, ‘That’s not news to me.’ “They said, ‘You have to have surgery.’ “I said, “No, I’ve played three years on it. “They said, ‘Wear a brace.’ “I said, ‘I’m not going to wear a brace, either.’”

Just 19, Rodgers made his first start in Game 5 against Illinois and then had problems with the knee the next week against Southern California. It only cemented his decision to have reconstructive knee surgery shortly after the season.

In January 2004, four years after the injury, Rodgers was operated on by George Thabit, a surgeon in Redwood City, Calif.

“It hasn’t bothered me since I had surgery,” Aaron Rodgers said.

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How the hell was he undersized and raw? The whole negative story on rodgers was that he was coached up too much by tedford and had limited upside because a qb guru had already gotten ahold of him.

As for the comment about his arm strength, the article you posted said the two things he noticed about rodgers when he first met him were arm strength and his intelligence.

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers said he did----Well..... he had reconstructive surgery, so technically you are right....not "acl"

First off, I can't see how he played an entire season, let alone 3, at an elite level with a torn acl. Nor did he miss a single day of fall practice after the surgery, unlike what all of us think as acl surgery. And let's not forget that he never missed a single game in his entire cal career. How that would made him "injury prone" is beyond me.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
First off, I can't see how he played an entire season, let alone 3, at an elite level with a torn acl. Nor did he miss a single day of spring or fall practice after the surgery, unlike what all of us think as acl surgery. And let's not forget that he never missed a single game in his entire cal career. How that would made him "injury prone" is beyond me.

You said no acl surgery in college-- he had major knee reconstruction.

Never said injury prone-- nor did I say anything about time missed

All that I wanted was to show you were wrong about the surgery.

You decided to add 4 other things to avoid you being wrong. Thats a common theme with you. Deflect when you are wrong so we may forget

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Never said injury prone-- nor did I say anything about time missed

You decided to add 4 other things to avoid you being wrong. Thats a common theme with you. Deflect when you are wrong so we may forget

The original post that mentioned said surgery said they were worried he was injury prone. Which is why I mentioned it. Why the attitude?

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=1760494&src=desktop

Doesn t sound like major "reconstruction" surgery to me, but I'm sure this will be another example you use of me "deflecting."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers had a knee arthroscopy in college to clean up some cartilage, not major knee reconstruction. There´s a huge difference.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The original post that mentioned said surgery said they were worried he was injury prone. Which is why I mentioned it. Why the attitude?

Doesn t sound like major "reconstruction" surgery to me, but I'm sure this will be another example you use of me "deflecting."

Why do people not read my posts

Just 19, Rodgers made his first start in Game 5 against Illinois and then had problems with the knee the next week against Southern California. It only cemented his decision to have reconstructive knee surgery shortly after the season.

In January 2004, four years after the injury, Rodgers was operated on by George Thabit, a surgeon in Redwood City, Calif. By now a self-styled expert on knees, Rodgers weighed the pros and cons of having an allograft, a procedure in which tissue from a cadaver is used, as opposed to transferring tissue from his own body.

“The risk factor of (re-injury) with an allograft is higher the first five, 10, 15 years, something like that,” Rodgers said. “But you can come back faster. All along I was going to do allograft.

“It was reported by Cal as a cleanup, which I felt like was a disservice to me.”

The Cal media guide for 2004 made no mention of Rodgers’ surgery. Herb Benenson, director of media relations at Cal, said at midweek that he would attempt to provide background for this story but never followed through.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers had a knee arthroscopy in college to clean up some cartilage, not major knee reconstruction. There´s a huge difference.

Two posters dont read my posts???

Rodgers himself said Cal reported it as a clean up which was a disservice to him..and the media guide had no mention of the surgery..

In January 2004, four years after the injury, Rodgers was operated on by George Thabit, a surgeon in Redwood City, Calif. By now a self-styled expert on knees, Rodgers weighed the pros and cons of having an allograft, a procedure in which tissue from a cadaver is used, as opposed to transferring tissue from his own body.

“The risk factor of (re-injury) with an allograft is higher the first five, 10, 15 years, something like that,” Rodgers said. “But you can come back faster. All along I was going to do allograft.

“It was reported by Cal as a cleanup, which I felt like was a disservice to me.”

The Cal media guide for 2004 made no mention of Rodgers’ surgery.

Herb Benenson, director of media relations at Cal, said at midweek that he would attempt to provide background for this story but never followed through.

I am sorry, but I will go by what Rodgers himself is quoted as saying...

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

You said no major surgery, I made no comment on injury prone or anything, only supplied you with proof he had major surgery but you didnt want to discuss that, only stuff I made no mention of

And attitude? Coming from the guy that tells people to get common sense/ or you have to spell out everything for "Slow" people

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The article stats the Golden Bears reported the surgery as a cleanup and that Rodgers was jogging only two months later and took part in the team´s spring ball. No way he would have been able to do that if he had major knee reconstruction.

You still didnt read the article or even my quote...

It only cemented his decision to have reconstructive knee surgery shortly after the season.

D

Deleted member 6794

You still didnt read the article or even my quote...

And you didn´t read my reply to it. There is no way he would have been able to jog or participate in spring ball two months after having major knee reconstruction.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You quoted me and said

You have a hard time following

I never once said practice-you brought it up

Third time now

Read my initial quotes from that story and how MM compared Rodgers

If you wont or cant acknowledge MM explains Rodgers is different then I am done

Well...Rodgers himself is on record as saying he's not the same player and THAT didn't matter to oski. He STILL is arguing it. ... and I agree...everyone has their opinions... but to constantly twist words and ignore facts is ridiculous.

“I remember sitting on the plane thinking I’ve got a long way to go,” Rodgers said

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And you didn´t read my reply to it. There is no way he would have been able to jog or participate in spring ball two months after having major knee reconstruction.

He had a grafted ligament put in place..It was not a clean up...And it was not minor..

Why did you insist to say it was a clean up when in the article, Rodgers states it wasnt a clean up..

I am not just picking random facts and passing them off..I am supplying an article with Rodgers quotes of " not a clean up" and major surgery"

You would have to ask Rodgers why he was running 3 months after...(not two) article says surgery Jan of 2004 running in March of 2004....Jan 1st? Jan 30th?? Running March 1st? March 30?

Either way running that soon is pretty odd..I will AGREE with you there

Maybe because they put a new ligament in??? I dont know..I just know it wasnt as simple as you two are making it out to be

And even supplying an article and quotes, still makes you both deny it

D

Deleted member 6794

He had a grafted ligament put in place..It was not a clean up...And it was not minor..

Why did you insist to say it was a clean up when in the article, Rodgers states it wasnt a clean up..

I am not just picking random facts and passing them off..I am supplying an article with Rodgers quotes of " not a clean up" and major surgery"

Maybe because they put a new ligament in??? I dont know..I just know it wasnt as simple as you two are making it out to be

And even supplying an article and quotes, still makes you both deny it

Rodgers didn´t talk a major surgery nor did anybody else in the article. In addition the Golden Bears media guide didn´t mention any surgery and his father acknowledged it wasn´t completely torn.

I think it´s remarkable that he played several years with an injury like that, the time table on his recovery doesn´t fit a major knee reconstruction though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers didn´t talk a major surgery nor did anybody else in the article. In addition the Golden Bears media guide didn´t mention any surgery and his father acknowledged it wasn´t completely torn.

I think it´s remarkable that he played several years with an injury like that, the time table on his recovery doesn´t fit a major knee reconstruction though.

Father said

“His (ACL) wasn’t torn in half, but it was pretty shredded. ”

Although I dont know what his father said has any bearing

True---major surgery is my take..

But if you put a new graft into a knee joint, (which is what Rodgers said they did) to me that is major..The article states reconstructive, to me that isnt minor, and that isnt a clean up..Do you consider putting a graft into a knee joint minor surgery?

You keep referencing the media guide, but clearly Rodgers is saying they were wrong.

D

Deleted member 6794

Father said

Although I dont know what his father said has any bearing

True---major surgery is my take..

But if you put a new graft into a knee joint, (which is what Rodgers said they did) to me that is major..The article states reconstructive, to me that isnt minor, and that isnt a clean up..Do you consider putting a graft into a knee joint minor surgery?

You keep referencing the media guide, but clearly Rodgers is saying they were wrong.

If Rodgers is correct about the surgery I agree it wasn´t a minor one. Don´t know why Cal should lie about the procedure but I don´t know how their PR staff works. Once again, I would be surprised if he would have been able to participate in spring bill that season though.

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said no major surgery, I made no comment on injury prone or anything, only supplied you with proof he had major surgery but you didnt want to discuss that, only stuff I made no mention of

And attitude? Coming from the guy that tells people to get common sense/ or you have to spell out everything for "Slow" people

Once again. My original reply was to the comment he was injury prone. Why do I have to repeat myself over and over again?

I tell you what. I'm taking a break from the board. Hopefully your anger will subside and we can start anew.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Once again. My original reply was to the comment he was injury prone. Why do I have to repeat myself over and over again?

I tell you what. I'm taking a break from the board. Hopefully your anger will subside and we can start anew.

No anger, just frustration....At least two times now, you did not want to discuss articles and quotes I make that showed you very well could be wrong..

You only countered with statements I never even talked about..Take that up with those posters not me.

But do what you want, I am not the only one that is very frustrated with your inability to admit you could be wrong.

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No anger, just frustration....At least two times now, you did not want to discuss articles and quotes I make that showed you very well could be wrong..

You only countered with statements I never even talked about..Take that up with those posters not me.

But do what you want, I am not the only one that is very frustrated with your inability to admit you could be wrong.

I've countered directly to your posts and have attempted to take it back to the original topics only to have you attempt to provoke me. I don't get it. Not only have I responded directly to you, but I've done so in great detail explaining my positions only for you to soley focus on parsing sentences and semantics. You sound like someone who has spent way too many years in law enforcement. This type of behavior may work on the stoner you pull over trying to get him to take a swing at you so you can violate his rights , but is completely inappropriate for a mod on a message board.

Last edited:

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, I can't see how he played an entire season, let alone 3, at an elite level with a torn acl. Nor did he miss a single day of fall practice after the surgery, unlike what all of us think as acl surgery. And let's not forget that he never missed a single game in his entire cal career. How that would made him "injury prone" is beyond me.

As far as I can read, he tore his ACL in high school and played through his first season at Cal with it. His 2004 season was his first with a repair ACL.

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as I can read, he tore his ACL in high school and played through his first season at Cal with it. His 2004 season was his first with a repair ACL.

underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair the cartilage and “just clean up the ACL.”

Doesn't sound like major reconstructive surgery to me which is what longtimefan is pissed I refuse to admit he had.

Members online

Latest posts