Who you want for the NFCCG

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look at it this way. If you want to be the MAN, you gotta BEAT the man. No more sweet would this run be if you check Brady off the list.
Whooo!

Maybe it's a good thing that Tampa won the first game, because now no one is going to be taking them lightly.

One thing that concerns me is a lot of our games come down to the other team making a last ditch drive and our defense gets the stop. But that's just the sort of situation Brady excels in.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it's a good thing that Tampa won the first game, because now no one is going to be taking them lightly.

Saints beat them twice this season and still lost. Historical games only serve as lessons for teams to learn. They are rarely an indicator for future.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah, Bakhtiari going out was a problem, but only part of it.

Bakhtiari played 40 of 63 snaps vs. the Bucs in week 6. At the time he left with an injury the Packers were already down by 18.

One thing that concerns me is a lot of our games come down to the other team making a last ditch drive and our defense gets the stop. But that's just the sort of situation Brady excels in.

The Packers won only four games this season by eight or less points this season. That was the lowest number among playoff teams aside of the Football Team.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Bakhtiari played 40 of 63 snaps vs. the Bucs in week 6. At the time he left with an injury the Packers were already down by 18.

But if you go back and look at some of the Packers worst snaps against the blitz in that game, you'll notice that Wagner was at left tackle.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
But if you go back and look at some of the Packers worst snaps against the blitz in that game, you'll notice that Wagner was at left tackle.
and you are surprised that when down by 18 the opposing defense generates are much stronger pass rush? and they attack player option B?
I hope they just burned the tape from the first game as an anomaly and go into this one with clear minds.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
and you are surprised that when down by 18 the opposing defense generates are much stronger pass rush? and they attack player option B?
I hope they just burned the tape from the first game as an anomaly and go into this one with clear minds.

Uhh... no?

What I was originally saying was that a lot of things went wrong that day that have been significantly cleaned up and/or were an anomaly on the season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you guys agree :)

and so do I, so obviously you're correct in your thinking.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oren Burks was our third leading tackler...

...seriously folks that Week 6 game was about as rough and bad as a game can get all around.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought about this long and hard last night, and no I have not turn over to the dark side or anything. But the fact is, this is Rodgers' best chance at getting back to The Superbowl. He has the team, and he has HFA. No more excuses. Fair or unfair. It's time to get the job done. We know how great he is, and now he has the opportunity of a lifetime to prove it to the world against the team who gave him his worse game in the season and career, and he's facing who many people consider The GOAT. Get it done Arodg.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought about this long and hard last night, and no I have not turn over to the dark side or anything. But the fact is, this is Rodgers' best chance at getting back to The Superbowl. He has the team, and he has HFA. No more excuses. Fair or unfair. It's time to get the job done. We know how great he is, and now he has the opportunity of a lifetime to prove it to the world against the team who gave him his worse game in the season and career, and he's facing who many people consider The GOAT. Get it done Arodg.

Don't know why you are talking about the dark side. What you said is true. Rodgers has a great opportunity now. He's not getting any younger, you don't know what will happen next season, and he's playing against an even older QB. He wanted HFA for the NFCC? He's got it, now get it done. Please don't have a 5th poor NFC Championship game in 5 tries.

Last edited:

Dbag

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How exactly are they better? The Rams clearly have been the better defense and it hasn't been close. I don't get how people conclude that Tampa's LBs are somehow better than The Rams. They are not.

Respectfully disagree. Tampa's inside LBs, Lavonte David and Devin White are the best inside pair in the NFL. OLBs Jason Pierre Paul and Shaq Barrett, last years NFL sack leader can bring the heat for a couple of older guys.

For reference, in the regular season, the Rams LBs contributed 296 tackles and 19 sacks while the Tampa Bay LBs racked up 345 tackles and 29 sacks.

Also, Placker LBs had 334 tackles and 21.5 sacks

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

What I was originally saying was that a lot of things went wrong that day that have been significantly cleaned up and/or were an anomaly on the season.

Bakhtiari won't be playing any snaps this time around though.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Don't know why you are talking about the dark side. What you said is true. Rodgers has a great opportunity now. He's not getting any younger, you don't know what will happen next season, and he's playing against an even older QB. He wanted HFA for the NFCC? He's got it, now get it done. Please don't have a 5th poor NFC Championship game in 5 tries.
I was with you all the way until the last sentence.

It's no mystery he didn't play well against the Bears or the 49ers. But I would argue he played more than well enough to win against a great defense on a bum leg against Seattle. Many also forget that Rodgers had to get the team down the field on the final drive of regulation for the tying field goal.

And he actually played a very good game against the Falcons. The problem is, he's just about the only one that showed up. Rodgers basically got the Packers in position to score 10 points on the first two drives, but Crosby misses the kick and Rip fumbled a touchdown away.

It was 17-0 in the blink of an eye. From there, it's a totally different dynamic.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was with you all the way until the last sentence.

It's no mystery he didn't play well against the Bears or the 49ers. But I would argue he played more than well enough to win against a great defense on a bum leg against Seattle. Many also forget that Rodgers had to get the team down the field on the final drive of regulation for the tying field goal.

And he actually played a very good game against the Falcons. The problem is, he's just about the only one that showed up. Rodgers basically got the Packers in position to score 10 points on the first two drives, but Crosby misses the kick and Rip fumbled a touchdown away.

It was 17-0 in the blink of an eye. From there, it's a totally different dynamic.

I just think it's pretty poor when you are gifted 5 turnovers against Seattle and you only get 2 field goals out of those. Yeah he had a bum leg, but Brady has never been a mobile QB and he didn't have any problem throwing 4 TDs against that same defense.

Yeah Rodgers wasn't terrible in the Falcons game, but he wasn't great either. For a GOAT-level QB, I'd expect him to have had some better performances in NFC-C games than what he's shown so far. Hopefully he'll have a great game on Sunday.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think it's pretty poor when you are gifted 5 turnovers against Seattle and you only get 2 field goals out of those. Yeah he had a bum leg, but Brady has never been a mobile QB and he didn't have any problem throwing 4 TDs against that same defense.

Yeah Rodgers wasn't terrible in the Falcons game, but he wasn't great either. For a GOAT-level QB, I'd expect him to have had some better performances in NFC-C games than what he's shown so far. Hopefully he'll have a great game on Sunday.

A leg injury will effect more than your ability to be mobile as a QB. Very difficult to play well with a bad base.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats his stat line in nfccg?
Don't know the answer to that, but I looked up his passer rating in the two NFCCGs being discussed above. Against Atlanta, it was 91.6 (Matt Ryan's was 139.4). And in the debacle against Seattle, it was 55.8.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah he had a bum leg, but Brady has never been a mobile QB and he didn't have any problem throwing 4 TDs against that same defense.

The Seahawks lost Jeremy Lane early in the Super Bowl against the Patriots and Brady picked on his replacement Tharold Simon all game long. Unfortunately Rodgers didn't have that luxury.

With that being said it's true he didn't play a good game vs. them.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know the answer to that, but I looked up his passer rating in the two NFCCGs being discussed above. Against Atlanta, it was 91.6 (Matt Ryan's was 139.4). And in the debacle against Seattle, it was 55.8.

The usual passing stats were:

1/23/11 against Chicago in a 21-14 win - 17 for 30, 244 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT

1/18/15 against Seattle in a 22-28 loss - 19/34, 178,1,2

1/22/17 against Atlanta in a 21-44 loss - 27/45, 287,3, 1

1/19/20 against SF in a 20-37 loss - 31/39,326,2,2

rdawsoniii

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with what you are saying. If he can’t get back to the Super Bowl this season, he never will.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The usual passing stats were:

1/23/11 against Chicago in a 21-14 win - 17 for 30, 244 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT

1/18/15 against Seattle in a 22-28 loss - 19/34, 178,1,2

1/22/17 against Atlanta in a 21-44 loss - 27/45, 287,3, 1

1/19/20 against SF in a 20-37 loss - 31/39,326,2,2
7 ints