Who you want for the NFCCG

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Defensively I like the way the packers matchup against the Saints, offensively I like the way the packers matchup against the Bucs. Either way, southern teams coming to Lambeau in January cannot be understated.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My brain wants the Saints.

Brees on the road, late season, hasn’t played that well. He’s a dome QB. We would beat them, I have no doubt.

My heart, oh my heart wants the Bucs. I want revenge, I want the Rodgers/Brady matchup, I want Suh, I want that game. I’m just not sure we win. Bucs matchup really well with GB. They have big, athletic corners that can mess with the passing game, very fast linebackers to bring pressure and disrupt the running game. Then Alexander can shut down whoever he plays, but ****, you’ve still got Gronk, and whoever among Evans, Godwin, and Brown that Jaire isn’t covering. It’s a tough matchup. Their OT’s can struggle with a speed rush, but they do well against power rushers. We’ve got power rushers. Tough game.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rather want the Bucs.

Saints worry me with their running game and their defense

Yeah they handled the Rams but with out a healthy Donald
We just beat the best defense and dropped 30 on them. You're really worried about The Saints defense? They're highly overrated if anything. The Rams have a better pass rush and better secondary, and Brees outside with his arm? Yeah I ain't afraid of them. As for Kamara. You saw what we did to Henry. You think he's gonna have a field day when we KNOW he's the heartbeat of that offense?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We just beat the best defense and dropped 30 on them. You're really worried about The Saints defense? They're highly overrated if anything. The Rams have a better pass rush and better secondary, and Brees outside with his arm? Yeah I ain't afraid of them. As for Kamara. You saw what we did to Henry. You think he's gonna have a field day when we KNOW he's the heartbeat of that offense?

Again..

Rams were with out Donald for most part...he was there for about 54 percent..

And when there he was prob at 50 percent.

Sorry that I feel this rams Def wasnt the true number 1 that they were labled

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again..

Donalds was better than 50%, but even with him injured, that’s a good defense. Ramsey, despite a rapid attraction to disliking contact, is still a premier CB. Their safeties are good. Their CB’s outside of Ramsey are solid. Their LB’s are okay, but also pretty mobile. Their DL is good. They might not have been what they were, but they were still good.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Donalds was better than 50%, but even with him injured, that’s a good defense. Ramsey, despite a rapid attraction to disliking contact, is still a premier CB. Their safeties are good. Their CB’s outside of Ramsey are solid. Their LB’s are okay, but also pretty mobile. Their DL is good. They might not have been what they were, but they were still good.
Saints Def is legit

Really worried

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints.

Bucs feel like trap game this season.

Either way glad we get home advantage and fans in stadium!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again..

50% Donald is better than most of the pass rushers on The Saints, and besides The Rams inside rushing is far better than that of NOs and I'd even go and say their secondary is better. They didn't even touch Rodgers. So what makes you think The Saints will have better luck and in the cold? They are cause for concern, but after the way we won today no team scares me. Especially NO.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defensively I like the way the packers matchup against the Saints, offensively I like the way the packers matchup against the Bucs. Either way, southern teams coming to Lambeau in January cannot be understated.

Sure you can. Just ignore it altogether, that's as understated as it gets. :)

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want the Bucs but only for selfish reasons. I live an hour from Raymond James stadium and the hype is real. You can’t go into a grocery store or gas station without seeing a Brady cut out. Billboards are popping up everywhere and you can even get a specialized Tom Brady license plate. Every Bucs fan I know (which is a lot) blew up my phone after that whooping. Tampa die hards were actually rooting for the Pack because they liked the matchup over playing the Rams. I need this revenge game or I will be forced to pack up and move.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Points per game allowed since December (6 games):

Packers: 17 (combined opponent scoring average-- 24.0)

Saints: 20 (combined opponent scoring average-- 24.6)

New Orleans' defense is fine, but overrated.

If you take away that Denver game, in which they faced a practice squad WR at quarterback, they allowed 22.3 PPG. The Packers allowed 23.1 on the season. That's the difference between 9th and 13th in the season long rankings.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You want to be the best you have to beat the best.

I really don't care about being the best, I just want to be the winner. We all know that the best team doesn't always win but the winning team does. Besides, being the best is subjective. Even if you win there will always be some people saying you are not the best but if you win they can't say you aren't the winner. The most they can say is you didn't win the other team lost but that's pretty much the same as saying you won.

I don't care about revenge. I want to play the team that gives us the best chance to win. It's just that in this case I'm not sure which team that is but deep down I think it would be the Saints. That's why I will be pulling for them. Plus I like Brees and Kamara much more than I like Brady and anyone on the Bucs (except maybe Evans)so on the off chance we don't win I'm not forced to face the possibility of tom terrific winning another one.

I want the Bucs but only for selfish reasons. I live an hour from Raymond James stadium and the hype is real. You can’t go into a grocery store or gas station without seeing a Brady cut out. Billboards are popping up everywhere and you can even get a specialized Tom Brady license plate. Every Bucs fan I know (which is a lot) blew up my phone after that whooping. Tampa die hards were actually rooting for the Pack because they liked the matchup over playing the Rams. I need this revenge game or I will be forced to pack up and move.

If its that way now imagine how much worse it will be if they beat us. Wouldn't it be better to be able to say "what time does your team play today...That's what I thought."

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want the Buccs so we can beat Brady.

I know we match up better on the frozen tundra against the Saints.

In the end both teams are solid and match ups are flipped in the most likely "favored" category.

In the end whomever runs out that tunnel smiling, will be leaving in tears.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't care about being the best, I just want to be the winner. We all know that the best team doesn't always win but the winning team does. Besides, being the best is subjective. Even if you win there will always be some people saying you are not the best but if you win they can't say you aren't the winner. The most they can say is you didn't win the other team lost but that's pretty much the same as saying you won.

I don't care about revenge. I want to play the team that gives us the best chance to win. It's just that in this case I'm not sure which team that is but deep down I think it would be the Saints. That's why I will be pulling for them. Plus I like Brees and Kamara much more than I like Brady and anyone on the Bucs (except maybe Evans)so on the off chance we don't win I'm not forced to face the possibility of tom terrific winning another one.

If its that way now imagine how much worse it will be if they beat us. Wouldn't it be better to be able to say "what time does your team play today...That's what I thought."

That will be a nice plan B. I want this win!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any of these 3 teams are more than capable of representing the NFC in the super bowl. It will take a good game regardless to win next week and if they play well I’m confident it will be us

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints have returned two punts so far, and almost took both to the house.
Still doesn’t matter

our punt coverages are so poor we’re capable of giving up long ones to anybody. We just can’t punt, like we have been doing lol

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints is the better matchup.

Bucs WRs scare me going against a Pettine defense

Latest posts