Who you want for the NFCCG

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought rams Def was number 1? So why wouldnt Bucs leave that there
because I think Tampa's Dline is better and I think their LB'ers are better. Stats may show we played a better defense last weekend, but I think we're playing the better defense this weekend.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both would-be picks yesterday were endzone shots at the end of the first half, right? Had either been caught, they're a 3 point swing?
While not a game changing swing of momentum in that situation, who knows. I don't think there was time or timeouts for the Rams to do anything had they caught it, but it would have been minus 3 for us. in the end not a big deal. But the Bucs forced a few tonight. One was a pretty bad decision I think by Brees. That ball needs to come out right away, which obviously wasn't the intention, or wait until he clears the LB'er which looked very open at first glance. Instead he threw it right at the Lb'er level. The other was slightly behind, but that happens in tight coverage down the field and the Bucs were all over it.

Same thing happened last time we played them. We gave them points and a 2 yard drive from turnovers. They just beat the Saints by needing to cover about a half of field total for 3 TD's. That's easy work in the NFL. We can't give them those opportunities. As loosely as some of these guys seem to carry the ball, I'm worried about the punchout too. They swarm to the ball, ball security is a must.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same thing happened last time we played them. We gave them points and a 2 yard drive from turnovers. They just beat the Saints by needing to cover about a half of field total for 3 TD's. That's easy work in the NFL. We can't give them those opportunities. As loosely as some of these guys seem to carry the ball, I'm worried about the punchout too. They swarm to the ball, ball security is a must.
This isn't something you ever think you have to say, but Rodgers is going to have to take care of the ball.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because I think Tampa's Dline is better and I think their LB'ers are better. Stats may show we played a better defense last weekend, but I think we're playing the better defense this weekend.
How exactly are they better? The Rams clearly have been the better defense and it hasn't been close. I don't get how people conclude that Tampa's LBs are somehow better than The Rams. They are not.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I don’t get how people think the Rams D was so far and away better than the Bucs.

they have a very good Dline and even if all they had at linebacker was White that would be one hell of a 2nd level on a defense. They’re stout, they’re fast and they attack.

We were not facing a full strength Rams D.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I don’t get how people think the Rams D was so far and away better than the Bucs.

they have a very good Dline and even if all they had at linebacker was White that would be one hell of a 2nd level on a defense. They’re stout, they’re fast and they attack.

Alright so are you implying that Tampa's defense is better even though they played against a backup QB and a washed up Brees? At least with The Rams they managed to beat Wilson. So we laid the smackdown on them because they weren't 100 percent, (even though no one at this point is 100 percent) and somehow Tampa is better? Please explain this to me. I won't say The Rams are miles ahead of everyone else but still.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did, I think without Donald being a superstar for the Rams, Tampa has a more stout Dline. I think they have better linebackers by just having White there. Same as Aaron Donald makes the Rams Dline a force. Except he was hurt. White is not.

With Donald hurt I wasn’t particularly concerned with their defense.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I know that Donald not being at 100% definitely matters, but outside of that, the Rams were basically playing with a full deck, no?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How exactly are they better? The Rams clearly have been the better defense and it hasn't been close. I don't get how people conclude that Tampa's LBs are somehow better than The Rams. They are not.

Tampa’s LB’s are better than the Rams by a fair margin.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The main thing that concerns me with the Bucs defense compared to the Rams is that they forced Rodgers into throwing a couple of picks. No small feat, that. i don't think that will happen at Lambeau, however.

One thing in our favor is we've played two straight games against teams with good front lines (Bears and Rams), so we have some experience with it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that Donald not being at 100% definitely matters, but outside of that, the Rams were basically playing with a full deck, no?
I think so. I don’t think they sucked because Donald was out, I just think Tampa happens to be better vs a Rams D with a hobbled Donald.

Regardless, they’re both tough defenses, and I think we can score 30+ again if we take care of business.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think so. I don’t think they sucked because Donald was out, I just think Tampa happens to be better vs a Rams D with a hobbled Donald.

Regardless, they’re both tough defenses, and I think we can score 30+ again if we take care of business.

They're probably pretty comparable when Donald is out or hobbled. But I think a big difference is that Staley, at least this year, has been the better gameplanner. Todd Bowles kind of does what he does. Last time, the Packers dug themselves a hole and then they couldn't handle his blitz packages. I would expect them to be more than ready this time.

I mean, Rodgers hasn't been sacked on a blitz since that game.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They're probably pretty comparable when Donald is out or hobbled. But I think a big difference is that Staley, at least this year, has been the better gameplanner. Todd Bowles kind of does what he does. Last time, the Packers dug themselves a hole and then they couldn't handle his blitz packages. I would expect them to be more than ready this time.

Couldnt handle blizt because???

Who was hurt and left and who took his place?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think the Oline is playing much better since that game. Needless to say, i'm not trying to make the Bucs sound unbeatable, I think we should be favored actually. and both defenses are good enough they can really hurt you if you're not playing well so I'm not going to dig in too ******* who's better. If we play well, we'll win this one too.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Oline is playing much better since that game. Needless to say, i'm not trying to make the Bucs sound unbeatable, I think we should be favored actually. and both defenses are good enough they can really hurt you if you're not playing well so I'm not going to dig in too ******* who's better. If we play well, we'll win this one too.
I agree. Frankly, my biggest worry in this game is Rodgers. That sounds silly because he has played spectacularly this year... except against the buccaneers. I do worry that he might be a little too invested in showing that he is better than Brady. The last game really got away from him. The good news is that I’m sure he recognizes this, and I’m sure he will go into the game with a more disciplined and grounded attitude. I really believe he will play well this time, and if he does, the Packers will win. That being said, if i’m the Buccaneers, I’m trying to get in his head and rattle him. Suh seems to be able to do that.

Dbag

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing that's going to be awesome about this year's NFCCG is it will be a matchup of iconic QBs whether it's Brees or Brady we got coming here. Good thing is we got all of today to wait and see who to prepare for.

On paper, it would appear the Saints would be the better matchup, but don't forget Michael Thomas will be here this time. On the flipside, sure we had trouble with the Tampa Bay defense earlier, but the ridiculous narrative about us not being able to handle good defenses got debunked big time yesterday.

And ... Every team TB lost to (except for KC) has been beaten by us.

I think the Saints are going to kick their *sses today like they have in the earlier games, but if not ....

Bring on that hot weather and humidity loving south Florida team and freeze them to death up here in Lambeau. Bucs never win when it's below 20 out.

What’s the predicted game time temp?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Yeah, Bakhtiari going out was a problem, but only part of it.

The running backs had a horrible day picking up the blitz. Had Bakh been in, shutting down his assignments, the pressure would have still gotten home with the RB's whiffing.

That's been cleaned up big time since that game. The RB's have generally been excellent. They also haven't been relied upon near as much in the passing game since the earlier games in the season, which should help GB neutralize the talented TB linebackers.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look at it this way. If you want to be the MAN, you gotta BEAT the man. No more sweet would this run be if you check Brady off the list.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think Lazard missing the game and Adams just coming back also hurt. Packers should have more options in the passing game for quick throws when the Bucs blitz.

Members online

Latest posts