Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wolf has years ahead

i think Wolfs dad and Thompson will still be a call away. thats why wolf is the best pick. Maybe a puppet now. And a proxy for 10 years after thompson officially retires. But he has the backing of the Packers brain trust. He will be a great GM some day.... imo
Maybe. I just roll my eyes though, at some of the posters who hate on TT thinking we can improve on him. One poster liked our picks and is sure Wolf must have personally selected them. Even Schneider is seen as a big improvement, but if you examine the Seahawk roster with the same critical eye, you will find as many questions or more than the Packer roster.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe. I just roll my eyes though, at some of the posters who hate on TT thinking we can improve on him. One poster liked our picks and is sure Wolf must have personally selected them. Even Schneider is seen as a big improvement, but if you examine the Seahawk roster with the same critical eye, you will find as many questions or more than the Packer roster.

I saw one analyst before the draft call the Seahwaks offensive line the worst position group in the league. That's of every single position.

Is their line actually that bad? Maybe or maybe not, but it is a giant weak spot for them. Worse than our ILB situation at a more important spot.

D

Deleted member 6794

Why on Earth would Schneider leave Seattle, he has a Super Bowl winner and he's located smack dab in a world class city.

Schneider was born in De Pere and has mentioned that becoming the Packers general manager is his dream job.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Schneider was born in De Pere and has mentioned that becoming the Packers general manager is his dream job.

I remember reading that too and about the clause he has in his contract with Seattle that allows him to leave his current job specifically to become the Packer GM. My one question though with Schneider now would be, he made that statement years ago and now because of the success he has had in Seattle, would he want to leave what he has built behind and run the risk of not having that success in GB, despite probably having Pete Carroll constantly in his ear. I'm guessing the answer is yes, but you never know what drives people.....challenge or job security.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing I have noticed during this draft is Elliot Wolf seems to talk a bit too much about the picks being made, or their thoughts behind why they make their selections.

One of the things I really like about Thompson is he says nothing of substance...ever. Though that might be frustrating to fans, it's a smart way to go about being a GM. There's no reason to really share any information at all, other than liking to hear oneself talk.

Members online

Latest posts