• John Schneider

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted might of had his last draft, so I guess it's fair to ask who the fans want as our next GM

D

Deleted member 6794

I would like Schneider to be the Packers next GM but expect Wolf to get the job once Thompson steps back.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I should probably mention the reason John is named with Wolf is because of the clause to be rumored in his contract to let him leave to be GM of the Packers

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Schneider wanted to come to GB I would have to go with him as well. However, like captain, I believe Wolf will be the next GM.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wolf for me is the next GM. We didn't see Schneider discussing any picks but we did see Wolf. To me that says something.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson is nearing 70; only Belichick I belive is close to his age and he's been rumored to be considering retirement. I believe he's got to be thinking his time is coming to an end. How many GMs work after 60, much less 65?

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those that love to hate on GMs, if we get Wolf they will say 'We should have gotten someone more established in Schneider'. We get Schneider they will say 'We should have hired Wolf because as good as he drafted, he wasted Seattle's great D and only won one Super Bowl'. I think the writing on the wall is for Wolf.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good question.

If we promote Wolf I would be concerned that he may adapt Thompson's conservative
approach to free agency.

In contrast Schneider seems to be a little reckless in his approach to upgrading his team.
For example, he gave Matt Flynn $10 million guaranteed, traded a 1st and 3rd round pick
for Percy Harvin and traded a 1st round pick and a pro bowl center for Jimmy Graham and
A 4th round pick.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you base this on? Incompetence, health, buyout, burnout?
Ultimately only Ted knows.
You hear things from staff. Reporters have speculated. It appears they are getting ready for a transition with wolf from promotions to how the draft was handled this year.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he waffles for awhile then comes back and demands his job back at the last minute.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I hope TT is around awhile longer, but my question is.....if the Packers decide not to resign him, would anyone take a chance on over paying and signing him as a free agent? :coffee:

Last edited:

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wolf would be a popular choice because of his lineage, and he may turn out to be a great GM someday, but that's only speculation. Schneider is the known quantity, his work in Seattle (ironically, where we got Ted Thompson from) speaks for itself. If Schneider wants to come to Green Bay, I think it's a no-brainer.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope Thompson stays a couple of more years. His press conferences are great theater. (tic)
I think Schneider would be a good choice. I think I'd prefer him over Wolf.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of your opinions, this is pretty useless. Love it or hate it, almost a foregone conclusion at this point Wolf succeeds Thompson.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Regardless of your opinions, this is pretty useless. Love it or hate it, almost a foregone conclusion at this point Wolf succeeds Thompson.

Hard to believe Eliot Wolf is only 34 years old and is in the position he is in. While he probably seems like the most logical heir apparent to TT, who knows what other teams may offer him to try and lure away a guy that could quite possibly have a 30+ year tenure as a GM.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to believe Eliot Wolf is only 34 years old and is in the position he is in. While he probably seems like the most logical heir apparent to TT, who knows what other teams may offer him to try and lure away a guy that could quite possibly have a 30+ year tenure as a GM.
What a wonderful run that would be

D

Deleted member 6794

While he probably seems like the most logical heir apparent to TT, who knows what other teams may offer him to try and lure away a guy that could quite possibly have a 30+ year tenure as a GM.

I guess the Packers promoted him to Director-Football Operations earlier this year so other teams have a harder time luring him away.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts