Who else is rooting for DAAAAAAA Bears tonight?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me Michael ***** is one of the worst humans playing in the NFL right now.
I will always, always root against the Eagles no matter what.
Yeah. I hate him that much.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always look to the outcome that will benefit the Pack the most when two teams I don't like play each other. The Bears are having a mediocre season at best and the Eagles are just finding their wings. If the Bears win, it'll put another nail in the Eagle's playoff hopes. The Eagles are in a precarious spot. They have a long way to go to dig themselves out of the hole they created. Another loss or two will devastate their playoff hopes. I think if the Eagles don't lose to the Bears tonight, they will lose to someone else later. They could play the role of the spoiler and ruin someone else's playoff hopes.

But here is another thing to consider, who would you rather see win the NFC east? The Eagles or Giants? A lose to the Bears could kill the Eagles chances of winning the division with the Giants getting hotter with Eli.

It's a tough call, but neither outcome is really going to do the Packers any major damage, so I say lets just see where the chips fall.

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The way our defense looks right now, I'd much rather deal with Eli, than the Eagles who are a triple threat.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Not me, I would much rather deal with dog killer than Eli, cause the Giants offense is tearing it up, and I don't even want to think about their defense.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I thought it was a part of the code of ethics of Packer fans to refuse to root against the Bears. But you guys probably never learned the top secret handshake either. Just to bring you up to speed. The Bears still suck and self respecting Packer fans will *tolerate* a Bears win if it is advantageous to the Packers, but never ever ever in a million gazillion years *root* for the Bears. :sick:

BTW- The Packers don't need to be afraid of Philly.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd much, much rather face the Giants than the Eagles in the playoffs for the following reasons:

1- The Eagles have an offense that could potentially keep up with the Packers', whereas the Giants' offense isn't built for shootouts.
2- The Giants have a history of late-season collapses, whereas the Eagles have a history of late-season surgers.
3- Eli Manning is Eli Manning. Yeah, he's having a career year, but 7 years of mercurial play is hard to just forget about.

I don't really care who wins tonight, because we're still a little early in the season to think of how a particular game could potentially affect the playoff race. Even if the Eagles lose, they're still not out of it at 3-5. I'm not going to actively cheer for either team, because I hate both of them, but I definitely don't want to see the Eagles pick up steam and win their division.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Why is everyone so afraid of the Eagles after 1 big win?

Not to forget, they beat an AVERAGE team at that. Not a team that is playoff bound, not a team with a top 10 quarterback, and not a team with a great defense. The Cowboys are average at best like they are every season.

Talk about buying into the hype too much...

Michael Vick IS Michael Vick, he's still a quarterback in transition that will throw games away on inaccurate passing decisions. Just think of that, he likes to run around more than throwing, and the Giants made the blue print to shutting him down.

I'd much rather play the Eagles than the Giants, because right now, Eli is on fire, and he's not turning the ball over like Vick does. Other than that, they are under the shadow even though they are winning and should be getting the credit they deserve, everyone is more afraid of a team that is one of the worst 4th quarter scoring teams in the league.

If the Eagles lose tonight, it will prove once again how over inflated they are by the media.

If the Eagles blow games like they did early in the season, what is going to tell you they won't do it again? But be scared of them and not the real threat that the Giants are. If the Giants can set a blue print to stop Vick, and then shake Brady up to give him a bad game, I'd be more worried they might actually come up with something to stop Rodgers, cause so far they are doing it right.

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just remember us destroying the Giants at home last season in a playoff type game, while we played the Eagles twice both 1 score final drive stands..

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Giants last year lead the league in turnovers, and so far this season they are not turning the ball over as much as the Eagles are, that's what I'm going by.

You could easily use last season as an example, if our defense was still as good as it was last season.

I am more worried about the Saints than the Eagles. Listen to ESPN all you want, but the Saints came close to beating us, and I'm more worried about Brees and that elite offense than Vick's turnovers and their one good deep threat.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
.....self respecting Packer fans will *tolerate* a Bears win if it is advantageous to the Packers, but never ever ever in a million gazillion years *root* for the Bears. :sick:

I'm a lifelong (well as far back as I can remember anyways..) Packer fan,... and I've never recieved or given this secret handshake! LOL... PM me the details! :tup:

tolerating a Bears win is the best way I've ever heard how to put that! :)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm a lifelong (well as far back as I can remember anyways..) Packer fan,... and I've never recieved or given this secret handshake! LOL... PM me the details! :tup:

tolerating a Bears win is the best way I've ever heard how to put that! :)

I'd PM the details to you, but then I'd have to kill you.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go Eagles. I do not want to see the Bears in the playoffs. No matter how awful they should be Lovie gets that pile of crap to do things they shouldn't be able to do.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Wow I am a jinx this weekend with picks LOL.

These Eagles don't impress me at all. And they are at home. I expected more but the Bears D has given Vick fits in the past and the Eagles still can't stop the run consistently enough.

I was impressed with Cutler tonight.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Who else is scared of the Eagles now?

Wow, what a shock, they got shut out in the 4th quarter AGAIN They are soooooooooooo good we don't want to play them.

They couldn't get to Jay Cutler, a quarterback that gets sacked and beat up in every game, now that is just pathetic.

Eagles are tied with the Redskins for the bottom of the barrel in the NFC East.

I'm not really surprised, but I'm sure a lot of people are. I'd be more worried about the Lions or the Saints, or the Giants other than an overrated over hyped "dream team".

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Who else is scared of the Eagles now?

Wow, what a shock, they got shut out in the 4th quarter AGAIN They are soooooooooooo good we don't want to play them.

They couldn't get to Jay Cutler, a quarterback that gets sacked and beat up in every game, now that is just pathetic.

Eagles are tied with the Redskins for the bottom of the barrel in the NFC East.

I'm not really surprised, but I'm sure a lot of people are. I'd be more worried about the Lions or the Saints, or the Giants other than an overrated over hyped "dream team".

This. I thought they could at home in this game. They didn't. They are in trouble. Jesus, what a bad 4th quarter team.

Giants win the East.

Hey now.....Bears over Lions? :)

Latest posts