• RB Mendenhall

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • QB Roethlisberger

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of us love our defense and have faith in our defense.
We contained the greatest running QB ever in Vick.
We bottled up the great passer Matty Ice Ice Baby in his own crib.

Big Ben is a challenge, but I think our defense feels they can get to the big slow statue.

But he's a winner, as we found out last year at the end.

Overall, which guy worries you the most
? In other words, if the Steelers are to win, which of these guys do you think will come up with the biggest plays? I'm not putting in the option of nobody because we're awesome. There are guys on their team that can, and will, hurt us. We won't score 50, and pitch a shutout. So which guy concerns you the most?

OLB Lamar Woodley. Did you know this guy has gotten 10 post-season sacks faster than anyone in NFL history? Faster than LT, Reggie, Dwight Freeney, etc. He always gets single blocking because of Harrison on the other side, and he's usually a mismatch for RTs. I really worry that he will run Bulaga into the ground, and around him. I'd hate to see Woodley's hamstring pop early in the game.

OLB James Harrison. This guy is a beast, a mean monster who always plays mad & violent. Besides that, he had a HUGE play in the Super Bowl 2 years ago when right at the end of the first half, he picked off Kurt Warner in the end zone, saving 7, and he ran it back 100 yards as time expired for a huge 7 point Pick-6.

S Troy Polamalu. I have said for about 3-4 years that I believe this guy is the best player in the NFL, including glamourous QBs. He's made more big plays than anyone I can ever recall. If I was Rodgers, I would look for the hair, try and move him one way, and then go the other way on all passes. And if he's way back, run a draw. If he's up tight, throw it quick before he sacks us.

RB Rashard Mendenhall. He's strong and fast. He will bounce off a lot of arm tackles.... like the first time we played Atlanta, we missed a ton of tackles. I worry that this guy will do that to us.

WR Mike Wallace. He's faster than hell. Faster than Sam Shields. He started the game last year with an 80 yard bomb against us. He ended the game with the sideline tiptoe TD.

WR Hines Ward. He won't run by anyone anymore. But inside the red zone, and on 3rd and medium/short, he's smart as hell, and tough as hell. He also, on long plays or criss-cross plays, has been known to blindside crush DBs and even LBs. I'd like to see him KO'd on his first catch to be honest with you.

TE Heath Miller. Great target for BR, and super clutch inside the red zone and on 3rd downs. He hurt us badly last year, and that was with our starting LBers Chillar, Barnett, and Jones healthy. Maybe we're better without those LBers though? We'll see. We pretty much made Greg Olsen a non-factor. And Tony Gonzalez. And Brent Celek.

QB Big Ben The ****** giant refuses to go down when hit by smaller guys, and he refuses to let a girl say no to going down. He's bigger than Clay Matthews... he's strong enough that he bounces off attempted sacks of guys as big as Cullen Jenkins. And he's the most clutch QB in the NFL, sadly. I will be SICK as a dog if he beats us and gets his 3rd ring already at such a young age. He's only 28, just 1 year older than Rodgers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Frank..Please stop with how you describe Ben

We get you hate him and what he has maybe done..

We dont need to see it with every post you make with his name

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mendenhall scares me the most. If he can bust 5+yd runs its going to be a long day. Stop him though and its going to be a great day.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11 for 38 yds and a td and he caught 6 for 73. I don't think that game and this game are going to be all that similar. Ben is not throwing for 500.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
11 for 38 yds and a td and he caught 6 for 73. I don't think that game and this game are going to be all that similar. Ben is not throwing for 500.

exactlY

We controlled him last game running wise, no reason we cant again

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let us hope. I'm really not all that worried about this team like I was the Bears. There is just something about that Bears team that scares the hell out of me.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ben, bc he keeps plays alive.

Why would anyone think any different?

If people still doubt that do this

Charlie Batch is q/b can we beat them?

Or

Ben still at q/b but Wallace is out..

Can we beat them?

I think we all know the answer

As far as Wallace catching that bomb on us? Who was covering him? We wont have that issue now...

Wallace is faster??

Wallace 4.28 to 4.3
Mike Wallace*|*Mississippi,*WR*:*2009 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Mike Wallace (American football) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shields? 4.2 to 4.3

Sam Shields | Gridironstuds.com Blog

Sam Shields*|*Miami,*CB*:*2010 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Wallace is faster than Sam??? Looks like he is slower or the same speed??

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, I am worried about:

1- Polamalu
2- Harrison, yes he is vicious
3- Woodley, because he flatout gets sacks in playoff games
4- Big Ben, because he's super clutch

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Harrison because he kills the people he tackles. I think the Packers will do a good job of scheming to keep TP from making big plays on defense. As for the Packer D, I think shutting down Michael Turner was a good sign for fans, since Mendenhall is good but not as good IMHO. Packers have speedier guys to keep up with Wallace as he is like Desean Jackson and Ward should be covered up by Woodson. Packers have to keep an eye on Miller and Sanders. If they don't, they could tear them up for some big plays. Overall, I think the biggest worry has to be protecting Rodgers and his receivers from being exposed over the middle to keep them from getting killed. Seems to be the Steelers trait.

As for Big Ben, I think that the Jets gave the blueprint on shutting him down in the second half last week - getting pressure on him and collapsing the pocket before he can scramble.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts