Which Packer will make the biggest improvement next season?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last season it was our TE Jermichael Finley, so who will it be this year?

My money is on Brad Jones. I liked what I saw out of him this season and I think training camp will do wonders.

Who do you guys think will make the jump next season?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jermichael Finley again.

I think this is the year he becomes an elite tight end.

I dont think you can have two break out seasons. He is already on everyone in the NFLs radar. I meant someone who if you didnt follow the packers you would have no idea who he was

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm betting a case of Schlitz that Josh Sitton will be a beast on the offensive side of the ball, and B.J. Raji will be the next Gilbert.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
B.J. Raji will be the next Gilbert.

Oh i wish that almost every night, just Gilbert with more stamina... personally if the o-line gets better (like we should ALL be hoping). I'd think Grant would have a break out year.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. If Jones becomes a real pass rushing threat, it will make Matthews even better.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. If Jones becomes a real pass rushing threat, it will make Matthews even better.
I'm kinda afraid of this season. People will no doubt double-team him EVERY SNAP.

If noone steps up, it's gonna be a big problem.

But I totally agree with you, if Jones steps up, we'll have a scary duo...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quinn is another. I think he'll be another Henderson eventually.

I'm also hoping that Blackmon stays healthy and makes a big difference in the secondary. But without another pass rusher it won't make much difference who's in the defensive backfield.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T.J. Lang I think has potential and I hope Pat Lee stays healthy

I like Lang, but I'm worried that the coaches once again can't decide where he should play. I have absolutely no confidence in Campen's ability to develop linemen.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Lang, but I'm worried that the coaches once again can't decide where he should play. I have absolutely no confidence in Campen's ability to develop linemen.

You know how I feel about Campen...I just had to comment on your profile pic and team pic...great stuff!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OldSchool, I haven't spent enough time on this forum to get a feel for anyone's opinions, but I assume you feel the same way about Campen as I.

Thanks for the comment on the pics. There's nothing like the history of the Green Bay Packers is there?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm definitely with you on that one. I like the idea that Campen used to be a guard in the NFL and was one of the best interior lineman back in his day. But this guy has absolutely no experience at playing or even coach tackles. For a successful offensive line, you must build from the outside in not the reverse. Campen has done an okay job with Colledge, Sitton, Spitz. However this guy still to date has not produced a good prodige OT.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm definitely with you on that one. I like the idea that Campen used to be a guard in the NFL and was one of the best interior lineman back in his day. But this guy has absolutely no experience at playing or even coach tackles. For a successful offensive line, you must build from the outside in not the reverse. Campen has done an okay job with Colledge, Sitton, Spitz. However this guy still to date has not produced a good prodige OT.

I agree, the heart and soul of all great offensive lines are the tackles. Campen just is not getting it done. I know he mostly played center, and a bit of guard.

However, there is an old Packer coach who played guard back in the 30's for Fordham than knew a thing or two about line play...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, the heart and soul of all great offensive lines are the tackles. Campen just is not getting it done. I know he mostly played center, and a bit of guard.

However, there is an old Packer coach who played guard back in the 30's for Fordham than knew a thing or two about line play...
Now that's fair, comparing Lombardi to someone...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts