Where the Packers are in the NFC

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait until we get knocked out of the playoffs, you ain't seen nothing yet....
We are doing well. We have a lot of talent. We are still playing below our potential. We just need to click and get hot in the playoffs. Except for the SF clunker, we are getting better every week. We have a decent chance a winning the SB. Along with Pats, Ravens, SF, Saints, and sneezehawks. The Packers the least likely, but still in the category of teams capable of winning the SB.

Reaction score
We won last week and we* are still a bunch of aszholes.

* Except for OldSchool101
See Amish! Just merely talking about winning and already you’re coming around being more positive and cordial! These be hard times..
I’ll take any kind of backwards compliment I can get! :roflmao:

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowherd has completed his usual flip flop. He was one of the few commentators to pick GB to win their division this year. But today he said the Vikings were the better team, and that it isn't even close. He stopped short of saying the Vikings would win the division, because he wasn't sure who had the tiebreaker (I'm pretty sure we do).

His sidekick Joy Taylor said the Vikings had the better team, but would go with the Packers because Rodgers makes the difference.

To be fair to Cowherd (which I know no one is interested in), the Packers have shown plenty in recent weeks to give people reason to doubt them. A good many of the fans here don't even see them as serious Super Bowl contenders.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good many of the fans here don't even see them as serious Super Bowl contenders.
key word there is "serious." they're "condenders" in that they'll be in the playoffs. it would take a miracle to win the SB. that said it's a small miracle they're 9-3...so who knows? statistically they're in the bottom half of the league in a lot of categories.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
key word there is "serious." they're "condenders" in that they'll be in the playoffs. it would take a miracle to win the SB. that said it's a small miracle they're 9-3...so who knows?
Seems like they started well, then kind of fell off. Sometimes a team starts the season well, then goes into a bit of a slump, but comes back at the end of the year. We can always hope for that. We were getting some early respect, but seem to have played ourselves out of it.

Funny how Favre's favorite team was Dallas, and he couldn't win there. And Rodgers grew up a 49ers fan, and now the team can't seem to play in California.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have some faith. 2010 y’all
That team never trailed by more than a touchdown. It never laid any huge eggs like we did against the Chargers and the 49ers. First time for everything, but this team is going to have to show something we haven't seen yet if it's going to match what the 2010 team did.

D

Deleted member 6794

Cowherd has completed his usual flip flop. He was one of the few commentators to pick GB to win their division this year. But today he said the Vikings were the better team, and that it isn't even close. He stopped short of saying the Vikings would win the division, because he wasn't sure who had the tiebreaker (I'm pretty sure we do).

His sidekick Joy Taylor said the Vikings had the better team, but would go with the Packers because Rodgers makes the difference.

To be fair to Cowherd (which I know no one is interested in), the Packers have shown plenty in recent weeks to give people reason to doubt them. A good many of the fans here don't even see them as serious Super Bowl contenders.

In my opinion the Packers aren't a serious Super Bowl contender but they're the favourites to win the division.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB would need to play a complete game like they haven't all year and get a couple bounces to get to or win a super bowl. I think everyone recognizes that, the team still has areas of weakness and has lapses in level of play. But i've seen the defense play at a level that could get them to a super bowl, and if the offense gets clicking, they have one that can win a Super bowl. Our special teams won't get us there, but then I had the same thoughts in 2010 thinking we had a good team, but our special teams would be needed and would keep us from the big game. So i'm holding out hope :)

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw a nice old quote from Lombardi on ESPN this morning: "In our business, there is no second place. Either you're first or you're last".

That's the attitude that used to define the Packers back in the '60s. That's why I've never agreed with posters who are okay with anything less than a Super Bowl win.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw a nice old quote from Lombardi on ESPN this morning: "In our business, there is no second place. Either you're first or you're last".

That's the attitude that used to define the Packers back in the '60s. That's why I've never agreed with posters who are okay with anything less than a Super Bowl win.
If the trophy is all that matters? Why are you wasting your time watching? Just see if they get it at the end and celebrate?

there is a hell of a lot to appreciate in the game of football. I’d line up again just for the chance to line up again.

there are lessons in every play of every game. The struggle on a daily basis to be great and see people overcome odds to get there is great.

****, Lombardi wasn’t shallow enough to really have believed that. Far too smart of a man to think that’s what it was all about. He never would have gotten there if he had.

The trophy is the goal, it’s not the most important thing, there’s a difference and you should be able to recognize it.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lombardi wasn’t shallow enough to really have believed that.
I'll take the man at his word. There's only one winner every season, I believe that. And I believe Lombardi believed that. That doesn't mean life isn't worth living if you don't win the Super Bowl. It just means that if something is worth doing, it's worth doing well. It's worth excelling at. He said "God, family, and the Green Bay Packers". There's a hierarchy there, and football was third.

You think Belichick feels like he's had a successful season if the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl? It's about standards. But that doesn't mean you give up if you don't get there, you get up off the mat and try again next year. And it doesn't mean I can't enjoy the games either.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take the man at his word. There's only one winner every season, I believe that. And I believe Lombardi believed that. That doesn't mean life isn't worth living if you don't win the Super Bowl. It just means that if something is worth doing, it's worth doing well. It's worth excelling at. He said "God, family, and the Green Bay Packers". There's a hierarchy there, and football was third.

You think Belichick feels like he's had a successful season if the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl? It's about standards. But that doesn't mean you give up if you don't get there, you get up off the mat and try again next year. And it doesn't mean I can't enjoy the games either.
if you don't think Lombardi found a seasons worth of successes even when they didn’t win, you’re missing the point of football. Same for Bill, or any other successful coach.

and anyway, while there are those in here that take great pleasure when the Packers do poorly, I don’t think you’ve really witnessed anything in here other than people seeing the smaller successes and hoping for the future.

and besides, WE are fans. WE do not dust ourselves off, get up off a matt, train, catch, tackle, block, tear ACL's, score TD's or anything that in any way shapes the outcome of a season.

So while you might not be happy with not winning a trophy, maybe you should do something about it? Otherwise, if you can't find anything "successful" or worthy in a non lombardi winning season, what do you watch for? HOW do you find enjoyment? Seems like it would be difficult with those priorities.

I doubt many are excited by the prospect of not winning a super bowl, but there certainly isn't anything wrong with a fan finding reasons to have enjoyed a season when they don't.

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Week 15 looms HUGE for all playoff teams.

Falcons @ 49ers - Trap Game and Home Field implications
Bears @ Packers - North Title and Home Field implications
Colts @ Saints - Trap Game and Home Field implications
Seahawks @ Panthers - West Title implications and Home Field implications
Cowboys @ Rams - A battle of teams on the bubble.
Vikings @ Chargers - North Title implications

NOBODY can rest easy next week.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you don't think Lombardi found a seasons worth of successes even when they didn’t win, you’re missing the point of football. Same for Bill, or any other successful coach.
Take it up with Lombardi, he said it.

I watch because I'm a fan of the team. If we don't win the big one, I hope for better next year, and hopefully they are at least moving in the right direction.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take it up with Lombardi, he said it.

I watch because I'm a fan of the team. If we don't win the big one, I hope for better next year, and hopefully they are at least moving in the right direction.
But you said this
That's why I've never agreed with posters who are okay with anything less than a Super Bowl win.
and i'm taking it up with you.

Finding successes along the way isn't the same as what you're implying. As if some people think losing is cool.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playing down to the bad teams and getting smoked by the good ones. I was disappointed in the offense today. If we didn't have Jones this team would be 2nd in the North in my opinion.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we didn't have Jones this team would be 2nd in the North in my opinion.
The same could be said for: Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams, Za'Darius Smith, Kenny Clark, Blake Martinez, Adrian Amos, Darnell Savage, David Bahktiari, Bryan Bulaga, Corey Linsley, Elgton Jenkins, Billy Turner, Jamaal Williams, Preston Smith, Jaire Alexander, Allen Lazard, MVS, Tyler Lancaster, Marcedes Lewis, Dean Lowery, Lucas Patrick, Kevin King, Tramon Williams, Mason Crosby, JK Scott, and probably a few others.

It only takes a missed block, a missed tackle, a penalty or missed ST assignment to change a game... missing any of these guys MIGHT have cost GB a game against Chicago, Vikings, Carolina, Dallas, Lions or KC.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finding successes along the way isn't the same as what you're implying.
Yes, I firmly believe there is only one winner every year. Anything less is a failure.
I don't see why that somehow translates into I can't enjoy the games or be a fan. I lived through the 70s and 80s, can't get much worse than that, and I stayed a Packers fan, it's in my blood. But that doesn't change the fact that there's only one winner every year.

Members online

Latest posts