Where the Packers are in the NFC

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion fans totally overstate the Packers benefitting from cold weather games in Lambeau in the playoffs.
Not overstating the cold at Lambeau... just think that it's MUCH better facing Seattle or NO in Lambeau vs. in their place. The cold is an added element that a team like NO (or SF) doesn't play in as often.

2 of their 3 losses were away, and I blame myself for the Philly loss because I was there... won't make that mistake again. ;)

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you think we had a chance to win this division with a new HC and offensive scheme this year before the season started?
Yes, I predicted we win the division this year. I thought Rodgers was due for a healthy season, and that would be enough, combined with supposed improvements on defense.

and then said you had a problem with posters that accepted anything less.
You're putting words in my mouth. I didn't say I had a "problem" with those posters, I said I disagreed with them.

I don't care about Lombardi's quote
I do care about Lombardi's quote, as I am a great admirer or the man, and have been since I was a child.

Yes, it's a journey, and you can enjoy the journey. But hopefully you will get somewhere at the end of it.
Is the team building toward something? Hopefully, but Rodgers is going to take up a bigger part of the salary cap every year, so it's not going to get any easier.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not overstating the cold at Lambeau... just think that it's MUCH better facing Seattle or NO in Lambeau vs. in their place. The cold is an added element that a team like NO (or SF) doesn't play in as often.

Yesterday's performances by the Niners, Saints and Seahawks gave him hope the Packers will be able to contend against either of them no matter where the game is played.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yesterday's performances by the Niners, Saints and Seahawks gave him hope the Packers will be able to contend against either of them no matter where the game is played.
Wow, who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? I guess you're right... GB should just forfeit and not even try as the bye and homefield don't mean anything.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I predicted we win the division this year. I thought Rodgers was due for a healthy season, and that would be enough, combined with supposed improvements on defense.

You're putting words in my mouth. I didn't say I had a "problem" with those posters, I said I disagreed with them.

I do care about Lombardi's quote, as I am a great admirer or the man, and have been since I was a child.

Yes, it's a journey, and you can enjoy the journey. But hopefully you will get somewhere at the end of it.
Is the team building toward something? Hopefully, but Rodgers is going to take up a bigger part of the salary cap every year, so it's not going to get any easier.
oh boy, I admire him too. Have read Run to Daylight and When Pride Still Mattered and they still reside in my collection. i don't care about the quote in the context of your statement. because none of us are in the business.

so you "disagree" with anybody that is "okay with anything less than a Super Bowl win". So what does that mean? We're just fans, here to enjoy it along the way. to you, anything less than a super bowl trophy is failure, do you enjoy failure? Apparently fans can't be ok with high points in the year because it wasn't a super bowl winning year? what's your point?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so you "disagree" with anybody that is "okay with anything less than a Super Bowl win". So what does that mean? We're just fans, here to enjoy it along the way. to you, anything less than a super bowl trophy is failure, do you enjoy failure? Apparently fans can't be ok with high points in the year because it wasn't a super bowl winning year? what's your point?
You're like a dog with a bone, aren't you?. My point is anything less than a Super Bowl trophy is a failure. No more, no less. Where did I say you can't enjoy high points during the season? I literally just said in my last post that you can enjoy the journey.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're like a dog with a bone, aren't you?. My point is anything less than a Super Bowl trophy is a failure. No more, no less. Where did I say you can't enjoy high points during the season? I literally just said in my last post that you can enjoy the journey.
so if you can enjoy the journey, then it's ok to be ok with less than a super bowl some years? or are you saying you find enjoyment in failure.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Seahawks do not belong in the top tier of NFC teams. They are 8-1 (9-1? Can't recall exactly) in one score games. Much like the Packers, their record is probably a little bit better than where they belong. They're good, but I think they're in the same tier as Green Bay.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so if you can enjoy the journey, then it's ok to be ok with less than a super bowl some years? or are you saying you find enjoyment in failure.
If you live in the moment, you can enjoy a game on any given Sunday. The season as a whole is a failure if you don't win the Super Bowl. That doesn't mean you just shut down and die and quit trying if you don't win. You work toward improving, or the team does. You can enjoy the process of improving.

At this point, the team doesn't look likely to win the Super Bowl, but that's not a foregone conclusion. Even if it were, you still go out there and do the best you can. Put in the work and maybe you can get there next year. But each season, there's only one winner. No one's going to win the Super Bowl every year, but that doesn't mean you should be satisfied with failure, that's just an excuse.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Seahawks do not belong in the top tier of NFC teams. They are 8-1 (9-1? Can't recall exactly) in one score games. Much like the Packers, their record is probably a little bit better than where they belong. They're good, but I think they're in the same tier as Green Bay.
I'd feel much better about the Packers going to Seattle to win a game than either SF or NO. Talk about poetic justice as well if the Packers were able to pull it off...

Reaction score
Especially when they close out the season against eachother.
49ers remaining: @ Falcons, @ Rams, Seahawks
Seahawks remaining: Panthers, @Cardinals, @ 49ers

To be fair I see the 49ers dropping at least one of their remaining 3...as the Rams are playing well down the stretch and are scary when they figure things out.

Bottom line is Packers control everything EXCEPT if they get the #1 seed. The #2 is ours to take, just fight and claw for three more wins...PERIOD. Don't need any help for this to occur.
Yeah. Let’s also say anything certainly can happen when you finish with 3 division games, that’s why they set it up that way.
But right now things look extremely good for GB making the playoffs. That is overwhelmingly in our favor as of this minute. As far as a division win? 12 Wins and we are 2019 North Champions. That’s totally attainable with 3 division games to go.
Let’s get the party started by going 1-0 this week against Chicago at Lambeau.

Last edited:
Reaction score
after week 14...no change. still a tier 2 team but with a 10-3 record and poised to inherit the #2 seed. it's miraculous. lol
We’re very fortunate.
Not that I want to see anyone injured. We’re also fortunate Roquon Smith won’t be suited up. That’s a huge blow to the middle of that Chicago D.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just went to the playoff calculator on ESPN's site. It's great that the Packers control their own destiny up to and including the number 2 seed. It's also encouraging that there are several paths to the #2 seed, and a bunch to the #3.

What surprised and dismayed me: there is more than one path by which an 11-5 team wouldn't make the playoffs. What it boils down to is we don't want the Rams to make a run.

The Minnesota game is huge, but beating Chicago AND Detroit is also huge.

So first things first. Take care of business at home against our oldest rival. That means a little more efficiency on offense and preventing Trubisky from running successfully. Try to plant him a few times early would be my suggestion.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richard Sherman and Dee Ford are listed as out for "a few weeks" with hamstring injuries. That could be enough lost star power for the 49ers to drop a game down the stretch, hopefully Week 17 when they play the Seahawks.

It's not entirely out of the question, but we could see the No. 1 seed if we win out.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richard Sherman and Dee Ford are listed as out for "a few weeks" with hamstring injuries. That could be enough lost star power for the 49ers to drop a game down the stretch, hopefully Week 17 when they play the Seahawks.

It's not entirely out of the question, but we could see the No. 1 seed if we win out.
or two. they have the LAR and SEA to go. atl could even surprise everyone. #anygivensunday

D

Deleted member 6794

Wow, who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? I guess you're right... GB should just forfeit and not even try as the bye and homefield don't mean anything.

Geez, you're easily offended when someone doesn't agree with you, eh???

Of course the Packers should try to get hone field advantage, never mentioned anything else.

Their advantage in the cold in Lambeau has been overstated for a long time though.

What surprised and dismayed me: there is more than one path by which an 11-5 team wouldn't make the playoffs. What it boils down to is we don't want the Rams to make a run.

There's even a small chance the Packers miss the playoffs at 11-5.

The Niners would have to drop two games with the Seahawks losing another one for the Packers to have a shot at the #1 seed.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowboys plastering Rams. 49ers tied to Falcons....looks like there may be some bracket shakeups if this continues till end of game....

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dalvin Cook out with a shoulder injury AGAIN. I called it last week. He's gonna try to keep playing until he breaks down. If they rule him out next week we'll definitely be division champs.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Detroit not playing much defense a 3rd seed game vs the Vikings looks almost like a lock now. Both teams will be 12 and 4. Defense played well today when they rushed 4 or 5. They were just torched when they only rushed 3. Made Trubisky look like Joe Montana when they only rushed 3. Packers are the 5th best team in the NFC and 9th best in the league.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They need to be trying to clinch the #1 seed. I cannot see them going to San Fran or New Orleans and winning at all.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This may be the oddest season I can remember. The team is 11-3, currently holds the #2 seed, you'd think I'd be ecstatic. But at the same time, they just don't look that good, they're not playing complete games, the offense sputters, the defense gets shredded at times, and Rodgers doesn't look like Rodgers. Yet, somehow they've been winning.

Next week should tell us a lot. If they get blown out at Minnesota, it won't be a good sign. If they can get a win or play close, that indicates they have some starch in them.

Members online

Latest posts