Where the Packers are in the NFC

Reaction score
Lets be generous and say that he's attempted 15 hail Mary's. We're talking about 0.002% of his throws. It's just ridiculous. What quarterback doesn't throw hail Mary's on the last play of a half or a game when you're losing? I mean seriously?
Yeah. and at least Rodgers keeps it in the field of play. Time and again I see pro QBs throw Hail Marys that travel out of bounds before anyone touches the ball!
They’d have a better chance scoring just arbitrarily throwing it up in the air and everyone running in circles like a Chinese fire drill.
Oh! NFC should take the crown :tup:

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Anyone who finds fault with a few hail mary attempts (that were crucial in either winning, or having a chance at winning, the game) out of exactly 6,500 career regular season and postseason passing attempts, will find fault with absolutely anything. They are called haters.

Lets be generous and say that he's attempted 15 hail Mary's. We're talking about 0.002% of his throws. It's just ridiculous. What quarterback doesn't throw hail Mary's on the last play of a half or a game when you're losing? I mean seriously?

But by golly this is Aaron Rodgers. He must not go un-criticized. I'm waiting for someone to complain about how he shaves his beard or combs his hair next.

While we`re on THAT subject, most people part their hair on the left, why does he not part his hair ??? And the beard ? don`t get me started.....
You are taking this way to personal.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The media game the Boys the attention, yes with the talent they organized but also their off field antics: Hollywood Henderson life styles of the famous, Micheal Irvins crack problems, Jerry Jones hooking players up(with comfortable arrangements), not to mention Jones seem to Get good running backs from no where, and they were talented, the media needed a darling and Dallas was perfect, Howard Cosell love him some Don Meredith, and Meredith had no problem on MNF gusshing over the Cowboys, their coach Tom Landry, was suppose to be Vince Lombardi with a hat, the discipline man who would not let players spike the ball on TD’s,and Rodger Staubach the all American, the media saw fit that this is Americas type of team, yeah forget about Green Bay’s 15 championships, and the first winners of the new SB, now Dallas Americas team thanks to Jerry is Americas joke..how bout them Cowboys....

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The media game the Boys the attention, yes with the talent they organized but also their off field antics: Hollywood Henderson life styles of the famous, Micheal Irvins crack problems, Jerry Jones hooking players up(with comfortable arrangements)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

Why is it necessary around the forum to hero worship Aaron Rodgers so much ? We have ONE superbowl win in his tenure, ONE.

The Packers not featuring a good defense since 2010 is the main reason for not winning another Super Bowl though.

Then we`ll have to agree to disagree. That`s my opinion and I respect yours ;)

While everyone is definitely entitled to an opinion considering the hail mary to be Rodgers' signature play is a ridiculous one.

I

The Packers not featuring a good defense since 2010 is the main reason for not winning another Super Bowl though.

While everyone is definitely entitled to an opinion considering the hail mary to be Rodgers' signature play is a ridiculous one.

Even fans of other teams know it`s coming, and that is from conversations with them. I accept the defense argument but lets be honest Capt the WHOLE team has contributed or hasn`t as the case may be. For the record I`m NOT a Rodgers hater and I resent the accusation, I DO feel however he isn`t as God like as some feel he is.

I`m sorry if that offends some people.

D

Deleted member 6794

Even fans of other teams know it`s coming, and that is from conversations with them. I accept the defense argument but lets be honest Capt the WHOLE team has contributed or hasn`t as the case may be. For the record I`m NOT a Rodgers hater and I resent the accusation, I DO feel however he isn`t as God like as some feel he is.

I`m sorry if that offends some people.

Rodgers definitely deserves some blame for the Packers not having won another Super Bowl but there's absolutely no doubt the main culprit has been the inability to field a good defense for most of his tenure as the team's starting quarterback.

I

You wanted to address it, so I responded, and you shut down. Address my points, or this will be the last post on the subject.

I get that you are a fan, I`m not so much. I get fed up when he went through a bad patch to some it was everybody else`s fault. I understand that the current batch of receivers aren`t brilliant but some of his passes last season were over or under thrown but still THAT was the fault of the receivers, NOT his. Its like when you were a kid and your Mom told you to eat something and you didn`t want to ?? The more people tell me I HAVE to like him, the more I don`t. I`m not a hater, I just don`t buy into him as much as others. If it helps as you can`t ignore me I`ll put you if you want so we don`t have to communicate ?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, I have absolutely no respect from those who never, and I mean never, compliment Aaron Rodgers. And it's ONLY because those same people simply do not like him. If there are people out there who have zero nice things to say about the quarterback, especially when he performs on a high level, then yes that bothers me. And yes, I would imagine that would be a pretty miserable experience for a fan.

You say you have a problem with hero worship. Can you name a single poster on this forum that has never criticized the play of Aaron Rodgers? I mean for the love of God, people were wanting to bench him in 2016 for Brett FREAKIN' Hundley. The vast majority of this forum left him for dead in the early part of the 2016 season, yet you say that you are sick of the hero worship? And I'm not saying that the criticism wasn't warranted, because a lot of it was. But...it was not hero worship.

MOST of the this forum exhibits a good balance of critique, and praise, for all of the players on this football team. But there is a good handful of those that NEVER take the time to compliment or praise the quarterback, as they do with the rest of the team.

Is it too much to ask to be objective? Instead of ignoring the good things, and ALWAYS harping on the bad? I mean seriously. Unless Rodgers is out there banging your significant others, there's no reason to harbor any resentment towards him.

He shows up to work every week. Comes in early, stays late. Watches film. Always participates in OTAs (optional), always sets a good example off of the field, has never been in trouble with the law, is remarkably charitable, gives back to the community, etc. But because some think that he's "cocky" "arrogant" "condescending" etc., that's enough to despise him like some do? Really?

Did anyone watch Tom Brady chew his receivers up and spit them out on Sunday Night Football in front of a nationally televised audience? THAT is the essence of why many despise Rodgers...for behavior like that. If that were Aaron Rodgers that exhibited that EXACT behavior, it would have been the main headline on every media outlet in the country.

The hail marys that stand out to me:

- 2015 to win the Detroit game. It was the last play of the game. What the heck did you expect for Rodgers to do on the last play of the game? Throw a 3 yard out?

- 2015 to tie a playoff game against Arizona. It was the last play of regulation. Would you have rather Rodgers took a knee and forfeit the game? Or would you have preferred a bubble screen?

- 2016 playoff game against New York. It was the last play of the half. Would you have preferred that Rodgers hand the ball off to the running back instead of going for the end zone on the last play of the half?

Here's the difference. Others can praise Richard Rodgers for the catch against Detroit, because it was a hell of a play. Others can praise Janis for a terrific athletic play to come down with the catch against Arizona. Others can praise Cobb for establishing impeccable positioning in the back of the end zone to catch the one against New York.

But you don't want to give Rodgers any credit for those hail marys? None? Really? It doesn't warrant any praise at all?

THAT is being a hater, plain and simple. We can agree to disagree all day long, but that's the reality of it.

I'm glad you brought up Brady's behavior. Sunday night wasn't the first time I ever saw him berate his teammates like that for everyone to see. The ONLY reason he can get away with it is because he has all those rings. But I'm sorry, just because you have all that hardware shouldn't give you license to behave like that if things are going south. If Rodgers dares to do that some want him drawn and quartered.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I get that you are a fan, I`m not so much. I get fed up when he went through a bad patch to some it was everybody else`s fault. I understand that the current batch of receivers aren`t brilliant but some of his passes last season were over or under thrown but still THAT was the fault of the receivers, NOT his. Its like when you were a kid and your Mom told you to eat something and you didn`t want to ?? The more people tell me I HAVE to like him, the more I don`t. I`m not a hater, I just don`t buy into him as much as others. If it helps as you can`t ignore me I`ll put you if you want so we don`t have to communicate ?
You'd be hard pressed to find many, if any, on this forum who will say that Rodgers was without fault last year. He had, by his standards, a very subpar year. I'm not sure where you are coming up with the narrative that everyone thinks that everyone else sucks and he's king of the world.

Again. You don't have to like him. But at least respect what the man has accomplished in the NFL. You may not like him, but he's a 2-time league MVP and a Super Bowl MVP. You have to respect that. And all that I am asking is for objective analysis.

"Worshippers" who "never blame him for anything" are just as bad as haters who never give him credit for anything that he does when he does well. That's what you have portrayed yourself to be. And I take issue with that. I've read very little, if any content of yours, where you've been complimentary of him in any way, shape, or form. If there's some out there that I've missed, my apologies. But I know for sure that if there is any, it's very, very little. And with what he's done for over a decade for the Packers, he deserves more than that.

If you want to ignore, that's fine.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even fans of other teams know it`s coming, and that is from conversations with them.
I’m not sure what that even means. The Hail Mary has never been anything more than what the name implies... for Rodgers or any other QB. It is used at the end of a half or game when no other play is possible. Time is essentially gone and the team needs 1 last score before time expires. To say that you know it’s coming is ... well obvious in this situation. In any other it is never used by Rodgers or anyone else.

I

You know something ? I give up, I surrender, you beat me. I`m not even responding to anymore grief. Goodnight and merry christmas !

Reaction score
I got 1 word “23 games with 4+ TD’s” :roflmao:

GB just needs to win this Sunday. Winning makes everyone more happy and cordial.

Members online

Latest posts