Where the Packers are in the NFC

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not bias and i believe I’m definitely a realist. From what I’m seeing as far as rosters, coaching staffs, and depth.. the Packers are probably the 7th best team in the NFC. You still have to line up and play the game, but we’re going to need 2011-12 Rodgers if we realistically have a chance at playing in Miami for a SB. I just don’t see the talent on this years roster like on other teams. Packers have to stop being so conservative in their approach on improving the roster. Yes it’s gotten better, but they still aren’t aggressive as I’d like them to be. Adding a guy like Tunsil or Stills would’ve done wonders. Instead they go to Houston.

Saints
Rams
Eagles
Cowpies
Bears
Seahawks
Packers

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not bias and i believe I’m definitely a realist. From what I’m seeing as far as rosters, coaching staffs, and depth.. the Packers are probably the 7th best team in the NFC. You still have to line up and play the game, but we’re going to need 2011-12 Rodgers if we realistically have a chance at playing in Miami for a SB. I just don’t see the talent on this years roster like on other teams. Packers have to stop being so conservative in their approach on improving the roster. Yes it’s gotten better, but they still aren’t aggressive as I’d like them to be. Adding a guy like Tunsil or Stills would’ve done wonders. Instead they go to Houston.

Saints
Rams
Eagles
Cowpies
Bears
Seahawks
Packers
I see young talent all over the Packers roster.just how good are they going to be this year will be the determining factor.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah TON of young talent. I can’t WAIT to see what they look like after an off season in the weight room .... this year .... ummmmm.... well....

..... and we put TT in the Packer HOF??.... oye

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Saints
Rams
Eagles
Cowpies
Bears
Seahawks
Packers
min and atl can't be dismissed. i don't think they've been conservative. they just have salary constraints that a lot of teams don't. i think the O will be the focus of the next draft and off-season.

Reaction score
A ailing QB
A young head coach
Coming off a so so season last year.

I'll say our win and lost numbers this year will be 9 wins 7 losses at best

Dayooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see it going 2 wins 4 loses to start the season if AR cannot stay healthy in the first two games. Otherwise I can see a 9 win season if AR can toss 40 tds, and limit sacks to less than 25.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see it going 2 wins 4 loses to start the season if AR cannot stay healthy in the first two games. Otherwise I can see a 9 win season if AR can toss 40 tds, and limit sacks to less than 25.
I fail to see how you've drawn that conclusion that you have The Packers winning 9 games if Rodgers tosses around 40 TDs. -_-

That makes no sense at all, unless you're saying that the defense is going to take a step back. I mean the last time Rodgers threw for 40 TDs was in 2014 and The Packers were 12-4. Plus Rodgers won his second MVP when he did.

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Saints
Rams
Eagles
Cowpies
Bears
Seahawks
Packers

Just how aggressive do you want them to be with the amount they shelled out in free agency this year and trading up in the draft?...... Oh I see....Tunsil and Stills..... You'd much prefer they made outstandingly horrible trades also.... Gotcha

We'll see how it shakes out this year and next but complaining they weren't aggressive enough this year is just dumb

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A ailing QB
A young head coach
Coming off a so so season last year.

I'll say our win and lost numbers this year will be 9 wins 7 losses at best

You might be right but seeing we haven't seen any of our offensive starters out there at all this summer who knows?

BTW, where are you in FL? I hope you are not in Dorian's path. I am in southwest FL so we got lucky this time.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Based on last season's results, the Rams, Seahawks, Bears, Cowboys, and Saints would all have to be considered as solidly ahead of the Packers.

However, the biggest trap that the NFL media falls in every year is acting as though the previous season is a new normal. Certainly some of the teams that were great will remain great and some that were bad will remain bad. But this league is unique in its parity and unpredictability.

The Saints, for instance, were engrossed in mediocrity with Brees and Payton at the helm. But they've been much stronger the last two seasons, and now it's just taken for granted that that's who they are.

If the offense clicks in a timely manner, there are no teams in the NFC that a Rodgers-led Packers team can't catch up to. If the offense remains mired in ineffectiveness for too long, lots of teams will finish ahead of the Packers in the NFC.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I fail to see how you've drawn that conclusion that you have The Packers winning 9 games if Rodgers tosses around 40 TDs. -_-

That makes no sense at all, unless you're saying that the defense is going to take a step back. I mean the last time Rodgers threw for 40 TDs was in 2014 and The Packers were 12-4. Plus Rodgers won his second MVP when he did.
Rodgers threw 38 TDs in his 2014 MVP season. The last time he threw for 40 was in 2016.

Reaction score
BTW, where are you in FL? I hope you are not in Dorian's path. I am in southwest FL so we got lucky this time.

I'm South of Ocala, so maybe we'll just get some winds come Wednesday.
I imagine you seen your share of storms in the southwest in the past.

Stay safe

Reaction score
If #12 throws 40TDs we’d be like a 2nd seed NFC team. We’d be scoring 30 points/GM.

I like your thinking though.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching ESPN this morning, and Domonique Foxworth had said he predicted the Packers to go the Super Bowl. However, since Ezekiel Elliott has now been signed, he's changed his mind and is predicting the Cowboys.
:tdown::poop::poop::poop:

Side note:
Nick Wright from FS1 has predicted the Packers to win the Super Bowl.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tier 1: Saints
Tier 2: Rams
Tier 3: Bears / Packers
Tier 4: Eagles / Vikings / Cowboys / Hawks

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
aka I'm a pessimist and it is all doom and gloom.

I wouldn't say that. A true pessimist would have rated Green Bay a lot lower than 7th, and many self-anointed 'experts' have Green Bay well outside the top ten.

I'm not an expert, and don't have a crystal ball, so take any prediction I make with a grain of salt. But....I like this team, flaws and all. Aaron Rodgers is still among the very best in the league, the talent level on the defense has been upgraded, and (small sample size) I've liked what I've seen from this coaching staff thus far. One injury could derail the whole thing of course, but that's true for every team, so I'm going to be an optimist and say the Pack wins the division.

Plus, I like the punter.....I only hope they don't have to use him too much.

My two cents.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tier 1 - Rams

Tier 2 - Cowboys, Eagles, Falcons (my surprise of the year, just a hunch)

Tier 3 - Packers, Bears, Seahawks

Tier 4 - Saints, Vikings, Carolina

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've already discussed this in the Tier list thread I made, so I'm just gonna copy and paste what I said there.

NFCN: Now for the division I think we're right in the thick of it.

Chi: I still think Chicago will dial it back as a lot of things went their way last year, and I don't think Trubisky will get them over the top.

Min: Minnesota will try to keep up, but I really don't fear their defense nor do I trust Kirk Cousins' arm.

Det: Detroit imo is the team we should keep our eyes on, I feel like everyone is so focused on Chicago and Minnesota, but The Lions could creep up and make things interesting. I think we'll win the division soundly this year.

NFC: Honestly there is no team in the conference that really scares me.

Dal: Dallas I think is overrated, and the only reason their defense was good last year was because of the ******/mediocre competition they were facing last year. The only impressive win they had were against The Saints, and I'll address them in a second. Dak is an slightly above average QB, Zeke is the heart and soul of that team, and they will go as far as he can carry them. I expect Dallas' Defense to get exposed this year. In fact I'm on the record saying they'll miss the playoffs.

Phi: Out of all the teams in the conference, this team is the one that concerns me the most. I do like Wentz and Philly has the weapons on offense to make it into a shootout or a slow and ugly game. It's kinda pick your poison with them. Plus there receivers are HUGE. Fortunately they have a tendency to play down to their competition and but should Wentz return to MVP form, we could have a problem on our hands.

LA: I've lost all respect for The Rams after they got exposed by New England the way they did. I was never of the mindset that this team were head and shoulders better than everyone else. Hell they got lucky to get passed N.O. I don't think Geoff is as good as everyone makes him. I think their defense is exceptional, but as we proved when we played them, they can be scored on. I think we match fairly well again them if i'm being honest.

N.O: Ah New Orleans...Where do I begin with these guys. On one hand as long as they have Drew Brees, you have to respect this team and always see them as a potential threat, especially considering how good they were at the beginning of the year. But then you look at the second half of the season and you could clearly see that they were losing steam. The Saints I see as a team that individual that burns himself out by exerting all his energy at the beginning of a marathon run. I don't doubt that Brees and The Saints will try to go on a revenge tour this year, but personally I think that will be to their detriment. To quote one of my favorite lines from the movie The Crow: "Victims...Aren't we all?"

ATL: I hope i'm wrong, but for some reason I get the feeling that they're going to pose a threat this year. I won't lie, I would rather avoid this team, not because I don't think we can beat them, but to rather avoid the headache. On paper they look good. Let's just thank God that they always end up in a grueling battle within their division.

SEA: Under no circumstances do I fear this team...at all. Out of all the teams, this is the team I REALLY would like for us to face in the playoffs. This team has been a thorn in our side over the past several years. I have no reason to dislike RW but for some reason I just can't bring myself to like him. But in any case. I expect them to be in the hunt this year, but I actually see them missing the post season this time around. I think it'll be a first for RW. They're an average team at best. Nothing on their team really scares me, offensively or defensively. We SHOULD'VE won up there last year. That game I blame on Rodgers. But I think we match up VERY well against them.

Reaction score
Minnesota will try to keep up, but I really don't fear their defense nor do I trust Kirk Cousins' arm.
Cousins is kinda like a Flacco to me. He’s deceptively good enough to finish games if you get him there, but not necessarily going to lead or carry his team

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm South of Ocala, so maybe we'll just get some winds come Wednesday.
I imagine you seen your share of storms in the southwest in the past.

Stay safe

We had to evacuate for Irma and we moved down here from GB 3 weeks before Wilma back in 2005. It was scary but we didn't sustain any damage from Wilma. You stay safe too! :D

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Saints
Rams
Eagles
Cowpies
Bears
Seahawks
Packers

I don't see anybody else but the Packers going undefeated this season, so, I guess #1.

Members online

Latest posts