Where the Packers are in the NFC

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fixed that for you.
lololol (good one)

oh come oooon. i'll admit i've been wrong about a few things ;). i thought the O and D could be better than they've turned out to be...but $#!+ happened and they are what they are. i was wrong about their record (8-8, 9-7). i thought there was a possibility of making the playoffs. they've won with smoke and mirrors and that seems a certainty now. i said this season would be their best last-shot at a SB. i think that's playing out. they'll certainly take a step, or two, back next season.

D

Deleted member 6794

lololol (good one)

oh come oooon. i'll admit i've been wrong about a few things ;). i thought the O and D could be better than they've turned out to be...but $#!+ happened and they are what they are. i was wrong about their record (8-8, 9-7). i thought there was a possibility of making the playoffs. they've won with smoke and mirrors and that seems a certainty now. i said this season would be their best last-shot at a SB. i think that's playing out. they'll certainly take a step, or two, back next season.

Your optimism is absolutely inspiring :rolleyes:

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get off @gbgary's back already, only cause he doesn't parrot you lot on the Arod is GOAT and Packers are best team in the league narrative. And in all honesty, can you fault him? We lost embarrassingly to Chargers, and later to the Niners. Hell, if not for a good amount of luck we would have lost vs the Lions, and later to the Panthers. Dropping these games and we would still be fighting to get to the playoffs right now. Check the statistics, some of ours are just flat out pedestrian.

It's laudable (or crazy, whichever you prefer) that in January some on this forum thought that going to the playoffs and potentially win a SB this year was a no brainer, but it doesn't mean that people who disagree should be mocked or are any less of a fan of the team than you are.

D

Deleted member 6794

Get off @gbgary's back already, only cause he doesn't parrot you lot on the Arod is GOAT and Packers are best team in the league narrative. And in all honesty, can you fault him? We lost embarrassingly to Chargers, and later to the Niners. Hell, if not for a good amount of luck we would have lost vs the Lions, and later to the Panthers. Dropping these games and we would still be fighting to get to the playoffs right now. Check the statistics, some of ours are just flat out pedestrian.

It's laudable (or crazy, whichever you prefer) that in January some on this forum thought that going to the playoffs and potentially win a SB this year was a no brainer, but it doesn't mean that people who disagree should be mocked or are any less of a fan of the team than you are.

I'm absolutely fine with posters being critical of the Packers (you might want to ask some posters who have been around for a long time).

gary is a negative nancy on everything about the Packers and especially Rodgers though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

you're not really paying attention if you believe what you wrote. Plenty of people in here are critical of Rodgers and his play at times. Going deep on 3rd and 2's, holding the ball too long, passing up underneath to go deeper. Focusing on Adams, attitude at time, etc. There are critiques of Rodgers by almost every poster in here. There's plenty of criticism on the Packers. Run defense. Too loose on defense. Way too many yards given up on defense, but they do seem to limit scoring. Not being able to slow down elite pass rushers in a few games. not being ready to play the Chargers, and on and on. Plenty of criticism. nobody thinks they're a shoe in super bowl contender. They have work to do, it's obvious to everyone. some can see the positives too however. Unlike some.

Then you have Gary, where even a positive is turned negative in every single thing he says about him. He's taken the most inane shots at him at times it's almost comical, and sadly predictable. The only compliment is a backhanded one.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
We lost embarrassingly to Chargers, and later to the Niners. Hell, if not for a good amount of luck we would have lost vs the Lions, and later to the Panthers. Dropping these games and we would still be fighting to get to the playoffs
Came within a tipped ball at the goal line from potentially beating the Eagles, we were unlucky to lose that game. See what I did there? Ifs don’t mean a thing in the NFL.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Came within a tipped ball at the goal line from potentially beating the Eagles, we were unlucky to lose that game. See what I did there? Ifs don’t mean a thing in the NFL.
Good teams never have to rely on luck though like Ravens over Cardinals. Or Texans over Jags. Or Vikings over Broncos or Saints over Panthers, or...

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then you have Gary, where even a positive is turned negative in every single thing he says about him. He's taken the most inane shots at him at times it's almost comical, and sadly predictable. The only compliment is a backhanded one.
gary is a negative nancy on everything about the Packers and especially Rodgers though.
massive exaggerations. lol

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It must be a miserable experience as a Packers fan to despise the starting quarterback as much as some seem to.

I wasn`t going to rise to this but what the hell ? Why is it necessary around the forum to hero worship Aaron Rodgers so much ? We have ONE superbowl win in his tenure, ONE. If anybody dares to state that statistic people jump on you for not holding him in such high regard. WHY ?, are people not allowed to have opinions ? I`m not attacking you personally here it`s just an observation.
I`m tired of reading how this organisation has failed HIM by not surrounding him with the right personnel all the time. HE isn`t the team, he`s a player and a very well paid one too.

This organisation will be here long after he`s gone. I am a GREEN BAY PACKERS fan, NOT an individual fan. I`m sorry if that offends some people here but that is my opinion, and as a moderator, I`ll defend YOUR rights to have a place to express YOUR opinion, and mine without ridicule on the forum. And I do mean ANYBODY`S opinion.

Rant over, have a great day :)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn`t going to rise to this but what the hell ? Why is it necessary around the forum to hero worship Aaron Rodgers so much ? We have ONE superbowl win in his tenure, ONE. If anybody dares to state that statistic people jump on you for not holding him in such high regard. WHY ?, are people not allowed to have opinions ? I`m not attacking you personally here it`s just an observation.
I`m tired of reading how this organisation has failed HIM by not surrounding him with the right personnel all the time. HE isn`t the team, he`s a player and a very well paid one too.

This organisation will be here long after he`s gone. I am a GREEN BAY PACKERS fan, NOT an individual fan. I`m sorry if that offends some people here but that is my opinion, and as a moderator, I`ll defend YOUR rights and mine to have a place to express YOUR opinion without ridicule on the forum. And I do mean ANYBODY`S opinion.

if you take the exact opposite of hero worship, then you'll know what he's talking about with that post. Rodgers has his flaws like every single human being on earth. Just as when watching a game there is a huge difference between saying, "Dang, King got caught taking him too far inside and opened a door to get beaten outside and that pass was right there." giving up a TD and "****ING KING SUCKS, our season is over, we're not winning another game, maybe 1. We can't beat anybody good, we're 1 and done, Pettine sucks worse than Capers..."

I'm sure you can see the difference. just as there maybe 1 or 2 "hero worshippers" as you call them, though i've seen about everyone on here criticize Rodgers at one point or another, there are a couple that can't see anything good out of a sure fire Hall of fame QB. Call it what you must I guess, but are they any different?

Rodgers holds the ball too long, but it also results in so many big plays over the years he's one of the best ever to play the game. Favre threw too many interceptions, but that same mentality is what brought us so many exciting and dominating performances over the years. They all have their spots, but these guys have so much more they've given to the teams and one is continuing to do so. But according to some, his our biggest obstacle to success and every single thing that happens is run thru those glasses before posting.

I

if you take the exact opposite of hero worship, then you'll know what he's talking about with that post. Rodgers has his flaws like every single human being on earth. Just as when watching a game there is a huge difference between saying, "Dang, King got caught taking him too far inside and opened a door to get beaten outside and that pass was right there." giving up a TD and "******* KING SUCKS, our season is over, we're not winning another game, maybe 1. We can't beat anybody good, we're 1 and done, Pettine sucks worse than Capers..."

I'm sure you can see the difference. just as there maybe 1 or 2 "hero worshippers" as you call them, though i've seen about everyone on here criticize Rodgers at one point or another, there are a couple that can't see anything good out of a sure fire Hall of fame QB. Call it what you must I guess, but are they any different?

Rodgers holds the ball too long, but it also results in so many big plays over the years he's one of the best ever to play the game. Favre threw too many interceptions, but that same mentality is what brought us so many exciting and dominating performances over the years. They all have their spots, but these guys have so much more they've given to the teams and one is continuing to do so. But according to some, his our biggest obstacle to success and every single thing that happens is run thru those glasses before posting.

I do understand what you are saying but if somebody is going to say how sad it is to despise the starting quarterback so much, and so often, I think I have the right to respond. Take for instance the hail mary passes ?
While it is great that that seems to be his signature pass, for me, it`s the receiver who catches the ball who is MY hero, being covered by three defenders !! Again, just my opinion.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's thrown like 5 of those in 10 years. I mean I know they stand out, but that's his signature pass? Man, all those ropes to Jennings and Jones, the back shoulder bullets to Jordy zipping past the earhole of the defender wondering what that sound was and how did he just give up a 20 yard pass with such tight coverage? The text book play actions to the post? The side line darts in big moments ala Cook in Dallas?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're not really paying attention if you believe what you wrote. Plenty of people in here are critical of Rodgers and his play at times. Going deep on 3rd and 2's, holding the ball too long, passing up underneath to go deeper. Focusing on Adams, attitude at time, etc. There are critiques of Rodgers by almost every poster in here. There's plenty of criticism on the Packers. Run defense. Too loose on defense. Way too many yards given up on defense, but they do seem to limit scoring. Not being able to slow down elite pass rushers in a few games. not being ready to play the Chargers, and on and on. Plenty of criticism. nobody thinks they're a shoe in super bowl contender. They have work to do, it's obvious to everyone. some can see the positives too however. Unlike some.

You just accurately summarized this entire forum. Shaggy can now shut it down.... everything has been said. lol.

I

He's thrown like 5 of those in 10 years. I mean I know they stand out, but that's his signature pass? Man, all those ropes to Jennings and Jones, the back shoulder bullets to Jordy zipping past the earhole of the defender wondering what that sound was and how did he just give up a 20 yard pass with such tight coverage? The text book play actions to the post? The side line darts in big moments ala Cook in Dallas?

Then we`ll have to agree to disagree. That`s my opinion and I respect yours ;)

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good teams never have to rely on luck though like Ravens over Cardinals. Or Texans over Jags. Or Vikings over Broncos or Saints over Panthers, or...

If you don't think luck doesn't have a hand in the outcomes of the games I would find that surprising. Tipped balls that are intercepted, DBs slipping causing WRs to be wide open, balls hitting the uprights on kicks that bounce thru anyway (or hit the upright and do not go in), refs missing infractions that cannot be challenged...I could list a couple more if I sat here long enough. Yes, good teams make their luck and can over come bad luck but it never hurts to have a little good fortune along the way.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

This organisation will be here long after he`s gone. I am a GREEN BAY PACKERS fan, NOT an individual fan. I`m sorry if that offends some people here but that is my opinion, and as a moderator, I`ll defend YOUR rights to have a place to express YOUR opinion, and mine without ridicule on the forum. And I do mean ANYBODY`S opinion.

Again, I have absolutely no respect from those who never, and I mean never, compliment Aaron Rodgers. And it's ONLY because those same people simply do not like him. If there are people out there who have zero nice things to say about the quarterback, especially when he performs on a high level, then yes that bothers me. And yes, I would imagine that would be a pretty miserable experience for a fan.

You say you have a problem with hero worship. Can you name a single poster on this forum that has never criticized the play of Aaron Rodgers? I mean for the love of God, people were wanting to bench him in 2016 for Brett FREAKIN' Hundley. The vast majority of this forum left him for dead in the early part of the 2016 season, yet you say that you are sick of the hero worship? And I'm not saying that the criticism wasn't warranted, because a lot of it was. But...it was not hero worship.

MOST of the this forum exhibits a good balance of critique, and praise, for all of the players on this football team. But there is a good handful of those that NEVER take the time to compliment or praise the quarterback, as they do with the rest of the team.

Is it too much to ask to be objective? Instead of ignoring the good things, and ALWAYS harping on the bad? I mean seriously. Unless Rodgers is out there banging your significant others, there's no reason to harbor any resentment towards him.

He shows up to work every week. Comes in early, stays late. Watches film. Always participates in OTAs (optional), always sets a good example off of the field, has never been in trouble with the law, is remarkably charitable, gives back to the community, etc. But because some think that he's "cocky" "arrogant" "condescending" etc., that's enough to despise him like some do? Really?

Did anyone watch Tom Brady chew his receivers up and spit them out on Sunday Night Football in front of a nationally televised audience? THAT is the essence of why many despise Rodgers...for behavior like that. If that were Aaron Rodgers that exhibited that EXACT behavior, it would have been the main headline on every media outlet in the country.
I do understand what you are saying but if somebody is going to say how sad it is to despise the starting quarterback so much, and so often, I think I have the right to respond. Take for instance the hail mary passes ?
While it is great that that seems to be his signature pass, for me, it`s the receiver who catches the ball who is MY hero, being covered by three defenders !! Again, just my opinion.
The hail marys that stand out to me:

- 2015 to win the Detroit game. It was the last play of the game. What the heck did you expect for Rodgers to do on the last play of the game? Throw a 3 yard out?

- 2015 to tie a playoff game against Arizona. It was the last play of regulation. Would you have rather Rodgers took a knee and forfeit the game? Or would you have preferred a bubble screen?

- 2016 playoff game against New York. It was the last play of the half. Would you have preferred that Rodgers hand the ball off to the running back instead of going for the end zone on the last play of the half?

Here's the difference. Others can praise Richard Rodgers for the catch against Detroit, because it was a hell of a play. Others can praise Janis for a terrific athletic play to come down with the catch against Arizona. Others can praise Cobb for establishing impeccable positioning in the back of the end zone to catch the one against New York.

But you don't want to give Rodgers any credit for those hail marys? None? Really? It doesn't warrant any praise at all?

THAT is being a hater, plain and simple. We can agree to disagree all day long, but that's the reality of it.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With a SF win over New Orleans this weekend AND the Packers winning out we're back in the #2 playoff spot. Go San Fran!! Not looking forward to facing Seattle or NO with their running game, but getting a bye for rest/recovery would REALLY help.

This would blow-up my preseason prediction of 12-4 and a loss in the NFC Championships... but a bye might be enough to get us into SB54 against Baltimore! ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
While admittedly GB isn’t the best team in the NFC right now, That also doesn’t mean they are Immune to beating a good team on the right day. I’m going to stick with my prediction of making it to the NFC game. Honestly? That’s nothing to be ashamed of for a first year program.
I see us as a few strategic offseason moves and a couple more solid draft players away from at least making another SB appearance.

I like being a homer (that’s a compliment to me) and I don’t think there’s a franchise without the vast majority of their fan base being optimistic until there’s no reason to be. We’re nowhere near that low level IMO.
Why would we not want to see the best in our team? It sure beats us degrading our team on their way to success like several posters in here do. It’s almost like that group wishes to derail our team at the expense of it just to say they called it ahead of time (false pride)
It’s easy to predict failure. That’s so common. It takes some intestinal fortitude to support your team through adversity. I appreciate all you Packer fans, but I respect the ones with some ****** even more.
GPG!

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, I have absolutely no respect from those who never, and I mean never, compliment Aaron Rodgers. And it's ONLY because those same people simply do not like him. If there are people out there who have zero nice things to say about the quarterback, especially when he performs on a high level, then yes that bothers me. And yes, I would imagine that would be a pretty miserable experience for a fan.

You say you have a problem with hero worship. Can you name a single poster on this forum that has never criticized the play of Aaron Rodgers? I mean for the love of God, people were wanting to bench him in 2016 for Brett FREAKIN' Hundley. The vast majority of this forum left him for dead in the early part of the 2016 season, yet you say that you are sick of the hero worship? And I'm not saying that the criticism wasn't warranted, because a lot of it was. But...it was not hero worship.

MOST of the this forum exhibits a good balance of critique, and praise, for all of the players on this football team. But there is a good handful of those that NEVER take the time to compliment or praise the quarterback, as they do with the rest of the team.

Is it too much to ask to be objective? Instead of ignoring the good things, and ALWAYS harping on the bad? I mean seriously. Unless Rodgers is out there banging your significant others, there's no reason to harbor any resentment towards him.

He shows up to work every week. Comes in early, stays late. Watches film. Always participates in OTAs (optional), always sets a good example off of the field, has never been in trouble with the law, is remarkably charitable, gives back to the community, etc. But because some think that he's "cocky" "arrogant" "condescending" etc., that's enough to despise him like some do? Really?

Did anyone watch Tom Brady chew his receivers up and spit them out on Sunday Night Football in front of a nationally televised audience? THAT is the essence of why many despise Rodgers...for behavior like that. If that were Aaron Rodgers that exhibited that EXACT behavior, it would have been the main headline on every media outlet in the country.

The hail marys that stand out to me:

- 2015 to win the Detroit game. It was the last play of the game. What the heck did you expect for Rodgers to do on the last play of the game? Throw a 3 yard out?

- 2015 to tie a playoff game against Arizona. It was the last play of regulation. Would you have rather Rodgers took a knee and forfeit the game? Or would you have preferred a bubble screen?

- 2016 playoff game against New York. It was the last play of the half. Would you have preferred that Rodgers hand the ball off to the running back instead of going for the end zone on the last play of the half?

Here's the difference. Others can praise Richard Rodgers for the catch against Detroit, because it was a hell of a play. Others can praise Janis for a terrific athletic play to come down with the catch against Arizona. Others can praise Cobb for establishing impeccable positioning in the back of the end zone to catch the one against New York.

But you don't want to give Rodgers any credit for those hail marys? None? Really? It doesn't warrant any praise at all?

THAT is being a hater, plain and simple. We can agree to disagree all day long, but that's the reality of it.

I’m not really sure what there is to disagree with in this post. I have been very critical of Rodgers at times, and frankly, I still am. I do think that he gets tunnel vision toward Adams sometimes... and I hate the choice to throw deep so often on 3rd and 2.... etc.. That being said, I also am convinced that he is the reason that the Packers have been in the conversation so many times over the majority of his career. He is not perfect, but he is better than most. As far as the hail mary’s are concerned... I don’t even know why they are in the conversation. They were awesome plays at the time, but have nothing to do with the majority of his career.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
As far as the hail mary’s are concerned... I don’t even know why they are in the conversation. They were awesome plays at the time, but have nothing to do with the majority of his career.
Anyone who finds fault with a few hail mary attempts (that were crucial in either winning, or having a chance at winning, the game) out of exactly 6,500 career regular season and postseason passing attempts, will find fault with absolutely anything. They are called haters.

Lets be generous and say that he's attempted 15 hail Mary's. We're talking about 0.002% of his throws. It's just ridiculous. What quarterback doesn't throw hail Mary's on the last play of a half or a game when you're losing? I mean seriously?

But by golly this is Aaron Rodgers. He must not go un-criticized. I'm waiting for someone to complain about how he shaves his beard or combs his hair next.

Members online

No members online now.