What ya think about TT???

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

And if you want facts about how teams win and lose with their QB's, here are some:

Colts without Manning 2-14. Chiefs now one of the best with Smith. Cardinals now with Palmer.

So tell me more about how the Packers should be better without Rodgers and his backup. Why don't you give me facts to show how teams do well with their third/fourth option?

The vast majority of the time, teams win with good QB play and lose with bad QB play. That's a fact.

Colts fired their GM after going 2-14, you obviously haven't watched any Chiefs or Cardinals games this season.

While I agree that it's very tough to be a Super Bowl contender with mediocre QB play a lot of these teams would be able to do better than 1-4-1 vs. mostly bad teams.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is the only reason why the Packers won that many games with a poor OL, the last six games have proven that.

What you don't realize though is that that record could even be better with a good OL.

Pro Football Focus ranks our OL #13 as of November 20. They're a lot more objective than you, so the idea that our OL is poor holds no water.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Enough weapons? Jennings, Jones, Jordy, Cobb, Finley, Lacy, Driver (not TT, but still a weapon provided by the Packers). Come on man.

I was talking about talent on the entire roster.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is talking about TT hijacking a thread titled, "What ya think about TT???
Bonus point to you for encouraging everyone to think like you or ignore certain posters. That's exactly what a message board should be.

I was referring to other threads in the past, genius. I simply choose to point out ignorance where I find it, and you've been vomiting it all over this forum for far too long.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't disagree about the OL being bad right now but you have to wonder what would have been if Bulaga and Sherrod had remained healthy. Take a look back at the way these guys were looked at in their draft years and where at least one source ranked them. I blame Thompson ...and Capers for the defense but you just can't say TT neglected the OL.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/357192-is-this-offensive-line-class-weak-or-strong/page/3

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...top-15-offensive-lineman-in-the-draft/page/15

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colts fired their GM after going 2-14, you obviously haven't watched any Chiefs or Cardinals games this season.

While I agree that it's very tough to be a Super Bowl contender with mediocre QB play a lot of these teams would be able to do better than 1-4-1 vs. mostly bad teams.

You're right. The Colts hired a new GM. He picked a QB number one and now the team is much better. A new GM can't come into Green Bay and do the same.

The Chiefs and Cardinals were not good teams last year. Now they have better QB's and are playoff contenders. Coincidence? How about all my other examples?

As far as 1-4-1, all you can do is speculate that other teams would have done better. I'd think you'd give facts since that's what you want.

Besides, the 1-4-1 isn't just about talent. The defense just played a dominating game and played well the first half of the season. Maybe they don't have enough talent to make up for a lot of mistakes, but clearly there is enough talent to play well.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Pro Football Focus ranks our OL #13 as of November 20. They're a lot more objective than you, so the idea that our OL is poor holds no water.

OK, so you decided it's fair to forget about the last two games in which they gave up 12 sacks.

Just curious, which PFF stat are you referring to???

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I realize I said a wasn't going to post on this topic anymore, but I changed my mind.

A record of 32-11 during that 43 game streak without a 100 yard rusher. (Give or take a few as I counted quickly.)

And during 2010-12 with the poor pass blocking, a Superbowl and the second longest winning streak in NFL history.

Those are facts.

If you and Bus would rather complain about the o-line during those times rather than be happy about the winning, then you'll never be satisfied.

Just when you think you're out?? they pull you back in!!! haha. But seriously i'm trying to stay out of this debate as best i can. Bus makes some good points about TT tho that we can't ignore. He's also posted some facts and stats to back it up too..i don't think the guy is cazy..he just feels strongly about his opinions of TT as well as the ones who will support TT.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just when you think you're out?? they pull you back in!!! haha. But seriously i'm trying to stay out of this debate as best i can. Bus makes some good points about TT tho that we can't ignore. He's also posted some facts and stats to back it up too..i don't think the guy is cazy..he just feels strongly about his opinions of TT as well as the ones who will support TT.

Haha. I couldn't help myself.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They gave up one long scoring drive during the game. The other one was under 15 yards long. They forced three and outs and produced two turnovers. Overall, it was a dominating game.

We will agree to disagree on this one and say it was a dominating 2nd half? Jackson was running all over them in the 1st half and Ryan was having his way with the secondary as we couldn't get off the field on third down in the first half to save our lives.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will agree to disagree on this one and say it was a dominating 2nd half? Jackson was running all over them in the 1st half and Ryan was having his way with the secondary as we couldn't get off the field on third down in the first half to save our lives.

We can disagree. I just think giving up basically 7 points the whole game makes it a dominating game as a whole. Yes, the second half was better though.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

You're right. The Colts hired a new GM. He picked a QB number one and now the team is much better. A new GM can't come into Green Bay and do the same.

The Chiefs and Cardinals were not good teams last year. Now they have better QB's and are playoff contenders. Coincidence? How about all my other examples?

As far as 1-4-1, all you can do is speculate that other teams would have done better. I'd think you'd give facts since that's what you want.

Besides, the 1-4-1 isn't just about talent. The defense just played a dominating game and played well the first half of the season. Maybe they don't have enough talent to make up for a lot of mistakes, but clearly there is enough talent to play well.

Only three teams in the league have a worst record over the entire season than the Packers winning percentage over the last six games.

Assuming you agree with me that there aren't 28 good to great QBs in the league there are a lot of teams out there that have more talent on their roster aside of the QB position because they somehow manage to win some games with mediocre QB play.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They gave up one long scoring drive during the game. The other one was under 15 yards long. They forced three and outs and produced two turnovers. Overall, it was a dominating game.
That's your op. Most reviews of the game say they didn't play a good first half. And don't forget how bad the Falcons have been on offense this year.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only three teams in the league have a worst record over the entire season than the Packers winning percentage over the last six games.

Assuming you agree with me that there aren't 28 good to great QBs in the league there are a lot of teams out there that have more talent on their roster aside of the QB position because they somehow manage to win some games with mediocre QB play.

I don't think comparing a few games to a whole season is a very good comparison. Teams go through up and down stretches all the time. The Broncos are only .500 their last four games, but are much better than a .500 team. The Ravens ended their regular season last year 1-4 and then won it all. The Jaguars are 4-1 recently. We all know they aren't good.

Six games without Rodgers isn't long enough to declare TT a poor GM.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

a dominating def is only about how many rushing yards is allowed?? Or is it how many points they allow?

2005 pack def ranked #1 vs the pass... False stat..

The def allowed 14 points and 7 was from a very short field with some one allowing to be faked out by TG who is much slower than him..

Not saying they dominatied but played very well considering

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Keep in mind if the Thompson hater had his way, Aaron Rodgers would not be a Green Bay Packer today because if he were in charge at the time he would have been reaching in the draft for weapons for his hero. And he would have spent this last off season begging his hero on bended knee to play. Also imagine what the Thompson hater’s emotion was when Rodgers was selected. He can pretend to love Rodgers now, after the fact his immense talent can’t be argued. But because of his love for his hero, you know he didn’t want Thompson’s chosen one to succeed.

Thompson deserves criticism for drafting Justin Harrell because he had an injury history dating back to high school. If Sherrod would have been healthy and turned out not to be an NFL-quality player, that too would be Thompson’s fault. But it is not his fault the two players he envisioned starting at OT are currently on IR.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Keep in mind if the Thompson hater had his way, Aaron Rodgers would not be a Green Bay Packer today because if he were in charge at the time he would have been reaching in the draft for weapons for his hero. And he would have spent this last off season begging his hero on bended knee to play. Also imagine what the Thompson hater’s emotion was when Rodgers was selected. He can pretend to love Rodgers now, after the fact his immense talent can’t be argued. But because of his love for his hero, you know he didn’t want Thompson’s chosen one to succeed.

Show me were I posted that. I'll wait.

Truth > made up ****

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Keep in mind if the Thompson hater had his way, Aaron Rodgers would not be a Green Bay Packer today because if he were in charge at the time he would have been reaching in the draft for weapons for his hero. And he would have spent this last off season begging his hero on bended knee to play. Also imagine what the Thompson hater’s emotion was when Rodgers was selected. He can pretend to love Rodgers now, after the fact his immense talent can’t be argued. But because of his love for his hero, you know he didn’t want Thompson’s chosen one

I think you would have a hard time finding a lot of Packers fans who liked the pick in 2005. Aside of you, of course, because you already knew by then how great Rodgers was.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Drafting garbage is ignoring. He doesn't get A for effort just because he's drafted almost 30 olinmen, the vast majority of whick just plain sucked. I like Bulaga too, but he's been injured more than 50% of the time. You can't count that as a hit. Sure its not TT fault he gets injured every year, but it doesn't make him a hit.

You can list names and give stats and makeup a fantasy Oline with your best 5 TT oline picks but at the end to the day, we have had the most sacks in the NFL over the last three years. If you are trying to protect some bum, that may be fine, but we now are painfully aware, that AR and BF are crown jewels. Priority #1 should be to protect them.

What I would have done differently? I would have recognised that my drafting skills where not up to par with the headlines about them, and gone after some proven horses to protect my QBs. When and if my draft projects came along, I could discard the FA and move on. When your team is the worst at giving up sacks and set a record for games not rushing for 100 yards, it can't be that difficult to find replacement for the Barbres and Newhouses of the world.
Garbage? Where were Bulaga and Sherrod ranked for OT in their respective draft classes? Where was Bahktiari? Most had him at OG.
Every fan and analyst agrees that a portion of ARs sacks are a result of him holding the ball too long. I'm okay with it, he's often going to make a great play but it doesn't negate that fact that it's partly on him.
And while you moan about TTs picks you will please admit you have no clue what you might have done. You will please admit you are not a better talent evaluator than TT. You will please admit you don't have the foggiest clue how to manage a salary cap.
I get you're one of those people who feels empowered by putting down others. We've all encountered people of your ilk. You don't fool anybody though. You complain about other's performance when you have no clue how to improve it. That's like telling Aaron Rodgers he should put more shoulder in his passes.
Because you know Bus... you could improve him too.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts