1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

What vets are gone next year?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by OldSchoolFan, Feb 24, 2011.

1. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Place your early bets,in order, like a win,(for sure)place,(probably) or show(just got caught up in the numbers)

Me?
    Harrell - Like I said, I have been on Lambeau field more than he has..Replace with an O lineman

Barnett - His big mouth and his inability to stay healthy has his scrawny butt gone. Replace with a stud OLB

Johnson- A big back who has shown me nothing. Figured he would be a steamroller with his size out of the backfield, but hasn't hit anyone hard enough to break an egg... We cut him to pick up a KR/ scat back type here.

What say you?

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,064
    Jenkins would be my guess. Barnett is in the hands of Hawk so its anyones guess.

3. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,000
    Looks like Jenkins for sure:

[​IMG]
    Packers Blog
    The Journal Sentinel's team of Packers beat writers provide the latest news, notes and analysis

Packers will start planning to replace Jenkins

By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel
    Feb. 25, 2011 7:21 a.m. |(20) Comments
    Indianapolis - One of the questions GM Ted Thompson will face when he meets with reporters this morning at 10 a.m. at the NFL scouting combine is whether he'll be using the draft this year to replace DE Cullen Jenkins.
    On Thursday, Jenkins told the Journal Sentinel that he was 99% sure that he would not be back with the team after the club did not put a franchise tag on him. He said there have been no negotiations between the two sides and that at this point it was probably too late for the relationship between the two sides to be repaired.
    Jenkins is upset that the Packers have not been interested in negotiating a long-term deal over the course of the 2010 season and doesn't feel he is in the team's plans. He'll become a free agent once there is a collective bargaining agreement in place and the best the Packers will be able to do is get in the bidding with other clubs.
    Thompson will have the opportunity to replace Jenkins with a defensive lineman in the draft. It's a solid year at that position and there should be someone available to him at the end of the first round if he wants to address it that early.
    Head coach Mike McCarthy will address reporters at 3 p.m.
    We will have reports all day long from the combine, including excerpts from Thompson and McCarthy's press conferences.

4. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,396
    trade barnett

5. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,014
    OUT:poppinga, Donald Lee, Spitz, Colledge, Bigby, Jones, Jenkins, Nance, Jackson, Harrell

Place: Barnett, Flynn, Tauscher, Hall, Underwood, Wynn, Havner

SHOW: Crosby, Pat Lee, Swain, Johnson, Several game day inactives and IR guys I can't think of right now.

6. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    So you are "wheeling " your bets?

7. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,014

Let's go with a trifecta of Jenkins, Tausch, and Crosby