What Meltdown!!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is your point? Here you can give the Packers the regular season award, bnt at this point we expect to make the playoffs every year but the way they lose these games are pathetic. Up 12 points with 5 minutes to go and you find a way to let it go to OT. They had the Seahawks beat today, with 5 minutes left, and they find a way to lose.

At this point, something has to change. There is something missing, something wrong with this coaching staff. Why the F would you not throw to Sherman after he had what looks like a broken hand/arm.?!!?! Or better yet run to his side and force him to do something with his injured arm??

MM isn't that good of a coach, and the way they let them back into the game proved that.

That everyone in the league has not figured out to beat MM.

Should read the post I was quoting and you'd see the point. It normally helps to read a whole post before asking what a point someone is making.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That everyone in the league has not figured out to beat MM.

Should read the post I was quoting and you'd see the point. It normally helps to read a whole post before asking what a point someone is making.

okay during the regular season you are correct, but when the games matter the most, since 2010 most teams have figured it out. I love being regular season champs and not making the super bowl , its so awesome/ sarcasm of course

Do those 13 wins matter when they lose the way they did? NO it doesn't.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
okay during the regular season you are correct, but when the games matter the most, since 2010 most teams have figured it out. I love being regular season champs and not making the super bowl , its so awesome/ sarcasm of course

If you can point out where I said they matter, I'd like to see it.

Just wanted to point out a clearly wrong post above. That is all.

packergreginflorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This loss goes on MM. Burnett picks Wilson and the Packers have the ball with 5 minutes left and a 12 point lead. Instead of playing to WIN like he did last week vs Dallas, MM plays to NOT LOSE and run the ball 3 times. Last week, MM had no problem with Rodgers passing the ball. Rodgers moved the ball and the Packers ran the clock out. This week, he decides to run and cost us the game in my opinion.

You have their defense on the ropes, GO FOR THE KILL. Look at the drive to tie the game, boom, boom, boom and you're in FG range. The offense can move it but MM and his stupid play calling is what cost us the game.

You are 100% right. When you play not to lose rather than playing to win results in a game like this. Why Burnett takes a slide with 5 minutes (!!) left whether than picking up more return yardage on the pick. Why run three times up the middle following the slide. Ahhhh MM there is over 4 minutes left. You need another first down or two to think that way. Why 4th and goal at the half yard line and you kick a field goal ? This is a big game Mike, follow Barry Alvarez's example in his bowl win over Auburn and put your Big Boy Pants on and you GO FOR IT !! Even if you just made one of those 4th and goals you had in the first quarter you would have netted 1 more point than the two field goals and you would of still won in regulation, even with the 5 minute meltdown you had at the end. Proud of a good year considering injuries, but giving away a ticket to the Super Bowl which we did will make for a long offseason.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you can point out where I said they matter, I'd like to see it.

Just wanted to point out a clearly wrong post above. That is all.

So we agree they don't matter at this point, so why bother even mentioning them? Just to be right?

Good defences have figured out MM offence. And when games get into a slug fest the packers always seem to crumble.

Hammy300

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said before Mccarthy has a lot to learn. He blew the game. Belichick (whom I despise) would have never lost that game. Brady (who I also despise) would have never gone along with playing not to lose. The Patriots have DOMINATED because they "take it to" their opponents. Today we lost because we did not execute because we went in at half-time with a 16 point lead and played to "conserve" the lead, when we should have been playing to WIN the game and DOMINATE.

yooperdiehard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
35 years a die hard fan , too many of these heartbreakers , it could not have been scripted any better for Seahawks , strange stupid plays and mistakes, will be bummed until opening day 2015 now

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea as Packer fans we have it pretty good. It's just that I see this big game choke job thing happening over and over and there's not much of anything that can be done about it.

Gotta have something to do with the coaching, but there's no way Mccarthy will be going anywhere anytime soon, nor should he. It's just gonna be something we have to live with... gotta hope we have an easy road to super bowl one year to squeak out another super bowl victory.

Hammy300

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this level of the sport to come out after half time with no solid plan of attack is complete lack of managment. Mccarthy should be ashamed and he should apologize.

packergreginflorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm feeling bad as we have done this many times in these games. Bad prevent defense and bad offensive and defensive play calling at the end. Sherman had 1 arm and you are not going to try him out cmon! caught us with our pants down on the extra point did not help. Our screw ups let them win they did not beat us as we beat ourselves!!! Dang!!!!! HATS OFF TO CROSBY!!

So True. Aren't they watching or have a ear to the TV feed in the coaches box upstairs to catch that as well ? Running three times up the middle to start the meltdown as opposed to throwing against a one armed DB for a few first downs to punch a ticket to the Super Bowl seems like a no brainer to me anyway.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too many crazy meltdown plays in recent years. The hail mary to the Giants at halftime in 2011. Kapernick with all the huge runs in '12 and '13. A 3rd and 20 conversion today along with the hail mary 2 point conversion.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't even know what to say about this game. Im still in ahh. All i want to say is we had an interesting year. GoPackGo I'm hurtin inside.

yooperdiehard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby had steel balls, man that was a great kick, felt bad for MM in post game interview , he was hurtin pretty bad , but partially his blame too, oh well lets learn and kick *** in 2015
we need to keep working on tightening that D , these 3rd and 19 pick ups in important games have to stop!

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not ready to give up on MM. He'll be here for a while. But he does need to rethink his philosophy a bit. Apparently A-Rod was frustrated with the conservative play calling at the 5 min left mark. I'm not saying put the reigns in Rodgers' hands. But in terms of game philosophy he may need to restructure things.

I really just want September to be here already.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ending of today's game shouldn't have surprised anyone who has ever watched either of these teams play. I was watching the game with a group of women and we all knew exactly what was coming after the three hand-offs to Lacy, because we've seen it how many times before? Five letters: R-E-R-U-N. How could MM and DC possibly think we had it in the bag with five minutes left, knowing that Seattle is a fourth quarter team? They took their foot off the gas, period. This loss is particularly shameful and it's all on the coaches, who will - as usual - probably not be assigned any of the blame. The worst part is knowing that as long as we go 12-4-ish and make the playoffs, these coaches who never learn and never adjust will be fixtures... and as a result of their stubbornness and lack of killer instinct, we will never go all the way.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went into this game with low expectations. To see them relax at the 5:00 min mark and not fight is when the emotional Rollercoaster ride started. I am more PISSED losing in that fashion than being blown out.
Tails??? Who calls tails and wins????

But seriously, our whole group agreed that we needed to get that coin flip or the game was over as the D was in shellshock mode and we've seen what happens when any D gets like that.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really is frustrating that the bad weasels caused our chat to be closed down. I really cannot blame the good posters, many of them, for going offsite from here during games just because of that. People need to realize that their typing foolish things in there ruins it for everyone because then even the sensible people can't have a decent convo about football after the game.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but that onsides kick is supposed to go to Bostick right? It's set up that way I'm guessing... that's the one guy on the entire team they pick to jump up and get that ball, and he completely chokes. It's a prefect representation for this team.
I don't know but him being there is a coaching decision.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ending of today's game shouldn't have surprised anyone who has ever watched either of these teams play. I was watching the game with a group of women and we all knew exactly what was coming after the three hand-offs to Lacy, because we've seen it how many times before? Five letters: R-E-R-U-N. How could MM and DC possibly think we had it in the bag with five minutes left, knowing that Seattle is a fourth quarter team? They took their foot off the gas, period. This loss is particularly shameful and it's all on the coaches, who will - as usual - probably not be assigned any of the blame. The worst part is knowing that as long as we go 12-4-ish and make the playoffs, these coaches who never learn and never adjust will be fixtures... and as a result of their stubbornness and lack of killer instinct, we will never go all the way.

This is a thought that crossed my mind. Can Aaron continue to get better? Will they ever get to another Superbowl as a staff and team? I hope so because he and the rest of the offense were generally bad today. Can they ever develop a running game that is consistent and can be counted on. It was bad. I know some of you disagree but a running game is always reflected inside the 10. And we really stunk at running the ball inside the 10 this year. I like Campen as a pass blocking coach but his run blocking methods have never impressed me. It's embarrassing to get stuffed like that time after time. Is it strength or technique?

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Fun fact; any given day that there are games being played 50% of the teams are winning and the other 50% are losing. Can't win em all.

That being said the Packers came within a single game of going back to the Super Bowl only 5 years after they last appeared in the game. Hell we made it further this year than we have SINCE we last won the Super Bowl! silver linings people, the sky isn't falling.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I think Rodgers was off his game ever since Buffalo. He just didn't play well for several weeks. All this talk about Rodgers being the best QB in the league - it's a joke. He was overthrowing and throwing behind receivers a lot the last few weeks. He was dominated by the Seattle D again today. If he didn't get a short field on several possessions today, the Packers might have been shut out.

The dude played on one leg. Regardless of how he looked out there today, he had to have some pain. This team goes nowhere without rodgers.
I can't disregard that some of Aarons throws were off in the games following buffalo but I think you have to look toward the injury as being a large factor in that.
Rodgers is so accurate even when he's a little off we packer fans notice it like a sore thumb. He's played about as good as any other qb in the league the past 3 games except maybe tom brady.

packergreginflorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know but him being there is a coaching decision.
He was suppose to block only so Nelson behind him can make the catch in the air. It's designed that way per post game interviews. He just decided to try and make the play all himself in the heat of the moment.

Members online

Latest posts