What Meltdown!!

PackerXLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers was off his game ever since Buffalo. He just didn't play well for several weeks. All this talk about Rodgers being the best QB in the league - it's a joke. He was overthrowing and throwing behind receivers a lot the last few weeks. He was dominated by the Seattle D again today. If he didn't get a short field on several possessions today, the Packers might have been shut out.

Dominated by the Seattle D? I'll give that he was a bit off, although your reasoning for that seems a bit flawed and empty. Did you forget he's had a torn calf muscle the last few weeks? Do you have any clue how hard it is to even walk with a torn calf, let alone play at a level that keeps you in a game long enough to reach OT with what's regarded as one of the greatest defenses in NFL history? Sherman was lucky the ball was under thrown. No torn calf, and that's likely a touchdown. As for his other interception, lack of communication is likely the reason. He played far better than most would have. He was hardly "dominated" today.

He also flipped the field entirely on the first possession and brought us to OT in the final possession. I don't think you understand what it takes to be considered an elite QB, maybe you should adjust your standards a bit. When he's healthy, he's undoubtedly the best in the league.

packergreginflorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not ready to give up on MM. He'll be here for a while. But he does need to rethink his philosophy a bit. Apparently A-Rod was frustrated with the conservative play calling at the 5 min left mark. I'm not saying put the reigns in Rodgers' hands. But in terms of game philosophy he may need to restructure things.

I really just want September to be here already.
Yes Rodgers wasn't happy in the post game interviews. Don't blame him. Taking the ball out of the hands of a potential MVP on six straight downs during the meltdown to gain a few yards rushing, and I mean a few, makes no sense. Do you think Brady would of put up with that BS ? But then again Belechek would never do such a thing to him so I guess that's why they're in the SB.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm also questioning Morgan Burnett's interception and then just falling on the ground. I know he is supposed to do that and if the Packers win this game no one questions it. But it didn't look like there were any players around him, I wonder how many yards he would have gotten if he had kept running. Chances are very unlikely that he fumbles it away, so then we get yards and at least kick a FG? Game over. But oh well, I'll question every thing. This team ****** me off. I'm out of here. Won't be back for a few months at least. ******* team

He was doing what he was told. The coaching staff was coaching as if the game was over

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a thought that crossed my mind. Can Aaron continue to get better? Will they ever get to another Superbowl as a staff and team? I hope so because he and the rest of the offense were generally bad today. Can they ever develop a running game that is consistent and can be counted on. It was bad. I know some of you disagree but a running game is always reflected inside the 10. And we really stunk at running the ball inside the 10 this year. I like Campen as a pass blocking coach but his run blocking methods have never impressed me. It's embarrassing to get stuffed like that time after time. Is it strength or technique?
Can Aaron continue to get better? Good question. He set the bar so high in 2011 that even on days where his performance is better than 80% of QBs out there but not extraordinary, you hear people say he didn't have a good game because the expectation level is so high. With a QB as great as he is, we will always have a good chance to win, but sometimes I get the feeling that the coaching staff and team have an over-reliance on him to singlehandedly make up for a poor defensive and win every game, which is unrealistic. The offensive line has been excellent with its pass protection, but the run blocking not so much. Too often Lacy is having to get yardage solely from his own effort, or has nowhere to go. We have plenty of talent and I love this group of players, but it's frustrating to see the same problems on the field week in and week out that don't get addressed to the point of change or improvement, case in point being our red zone inefficiency, which has been a problem all year, not just today. And if the coaches are never held accountable for it, why would anyone expect it to change? I see Rodgers in his press conferences and players in the locker room stepping up and being accountable for their mistakes. But you will rarely see the coaches man up and do the same.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well at least we're not colt fans, 45-7 blow out ouch.

No instead we are Packer fans and instead of winning the game 42-7 like we should have, we once again watch our team lose in an historic utterly embarrassing fashion yet once again. Today was nothing other than a completely disgusting display of football but hey we will win a bunch a games next year and that is all the matters, winning games in the regular season.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dominated by the Seattle D? I'll give that he was a bit off, although your reasoning for that seems a bit flawed and empty. Did you forget he's had a torn calf muscle the last few weeks? Do you have any clue how hard it is to even walk with a torn calf, let alone play at a level that keeps you in a game long enough to reach OT with what's regarded as one of the greatest defenses in NFL history? Sherman was lucky the ball was under thrown. No torn calf, and that's likely a touchdown. As for his other interception, lack of communication is likely the reason. He played far better than most would have. He was hardly "dominated" today.

He also flipped the field entirely on the first possession and brought us to OT in the final possession. I don't think you understand what it takes to be considered an elite QB, maybe you should adjust your standards a bit. When he's healthy, he's undoubtedly the best in the league.

Rodgers is just not very good against the good defenses. Last year against SF in the playoffs, he also had a pedestrian game where he threw for less than 200 yards. Rodgers is kind of like Peyton Manning - great in the regular season, shreds up the poor to avg teams, but doesn't play well against elite teams.

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone questioning Aaron Rodgers needs to quit watching football...the dude is the best player at the most important position in football today and it isn't even close. He can't step into his throws with the torn calf...it's pretty obvious to me. He has thrown more passes off his back foot in the last two weeks than he probably has in his career. He's also the deadliest QB in the league when the play breaks down and with the torn calf he just can't get out of the pocket like he's accustom to doing. That was a great defense he was playing against today and they should have won...taking the game out of his hands was an epic mistake...MM now knows it.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line is the talent is there for this team. I mean weverything saw that all year... there is a ton of talent on this team, that is not the issue.

The issue is that the entire team, from the coaches down to the players, don't have composure and that killer instinct in these really tough games and in highly stressful situations. That's not gonna change anytime soon.

I still think they can win another super bowl given the right set of circumstances.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That everyone in the league has not figured out to beat MM.

Should read the post I was quoting and you'd see the point. It normally helps to read a whole post before asking what a point someone is making.

They dont need to figure out how to beat MM, he beats himself

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well......If Karma is real Seattle will lose a heart breaker to NE... ;)

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just went toe to toe with the champs, bear in mind it was the team which apparently we had no chance at all of beating.

Yes it was disappointing but what I saw was a championship defense. Ha Ha came up big and nearly had 3 picks. We are a couple of players away from a Superbowl Title.

Patience.

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well......If Karma is real Seattle will lose a heart breaker to NE... ;)

As much as I don't want to see the Patriots win another Super Bowl, I would love to see some of those arrogant Seahawk fans get their "Back-to-Back" tattoos removed.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line is the talent is there for this team. I mean weverything saw that all year... there is a ton of talent on this team, that is not the issue.

The issue is that the entire team, from the coaches down to the players, don't have composure and that killer instinct in these really tough games and in highly stressful situations. That's not gonna change anytime soon.

I still think they can win another super bowl given the right set of circumstances.
Yah, if the coaches all call in sick.

PackerXLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is just not very good against the good defenses. Last year against SF in the playoffs, he also had a pedestrian game where he threw for less than 200 yards. Rodgers is kind of like Peyton Manning - great in the regular season, shreds up the poor to avg teams, but doesn't play well against elite teams.

Ok, well, I'll just pass on replying to this nonsense lol.

Members online

Latest posts