What made you a Packers fan?

WirePacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Packers fan from Warrington, in the UK!

I played poker professionally for a while and got coaching for a few years with my sponsorship deal. My coach was originally from Wisconsin, and is a huge Packers fan. In 2014 after we did some coaching on Skype, we stayed on the call to watch a Packers game.

I was instantly hooked and I haven't missed a game since.

It's my 30th birthday on Sunday... Last night I booked flights to head over for my first trip to Lambeau!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I played poker professionally for a while and got coaching for a few years with my sponsorship deal. My coach was originally from Wisconsin, and is a huge Packers fan. In 2014 after we did some coaching on Skype, we stayed on the call to watch a Packers game.

It's my 30th birthday on Sunday... Last night I booked flights to head over for my first trip to Lambeau!

:geek: *PERK* Welcome to the forum.

Bowman57

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm jealous...Never been to Lambeau--yet...I'll get there

Sky King

Reaction score

Welcome aboard!

Cheese Head

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much I was born into it. Dad and Mom were huge fans and also my two older sisters who I loved to follow anything they did. I remember being really little sitting on my Dads lap watching the games.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was the crazy things kids grab on to. grew up in colorado. my friends at school were starting to bring football cards to school so i though i'd get some. i knew nothing about pro football. my mom bought me a pack and the first card in the pack was a Packer (Paul Hornung btw). i liked the color combo but what really caught my eye was the G on the helmet. being named Gary it was automatic. the GB for Green Bay and my initials being GB didn't hurt. much to my surprise they were the Champions. being that, they were prominently featured on sundays. been hooked since. brainwashed my little brother and later my kids as Packers fans. my brother's kids are Packers fans too. the lineage started with me though. lol

Last edited:

Pckrs1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB always my favorite NFC but being from OH-IO Browns were mostly on TV. Then came 1995 and realized ThePack is where it's at. Have driven up with my son twice for games. One was good and snowy, the other very cold..both great fun. Next trip will be in September and take the ferry across L. Mchgn. GoPackGo

TosaFan76

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I moved out here 20+ years ago from LA it was immediately clear that the Packers weren't just some sports team. They are part of the community. There are no other teams like the Packers and no other fans like Packer fans.

LanceStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I became a Packers fan, shortly after getting the **** kicked outta me at a wendy's after a drunken night with the boys. I'll never forget that blob wearing the Urlacher jersey stomping my face out. Never looked back from then. Bears rot, Packers are GOAT!

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being born in Amherst, Wisconsin a few years before the Lombardi era began, what else could I have been? But once I got old enough to understand how special the Packers are, I became very grateful for having been born into Packerworld.

Meiiko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny story but my Elementary school teacher in Florida (huge Dolphins fan) printed out all of the 32 mascots. Asked each student to choose a team. All of my classmates chose Jaguars, Dolphins, Steeler’s and a few others. I wanted to be unique and chose the cheesehead and never looked back. Been a fan since and so much rich history. Go Pack Go

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my dad made me a packers fan. he would dress me up in packers gear before i even knew what football was. i remember people would give me high fives when wearing my green bay jacket and i didn't even know why but i would remember them shouting GO PACKERS!

4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching on our black & white tv in 1966, i was just a little guy maybe 6 years old & i just decided that would be my team.......I love the uniforms and the way they won games..Bart Starr and all the greats on those teams...I could name them all...

Moose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made you a Packers fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?
My Dad was born in Beaver Dam, Wi. When I was 10 or so, he took us to a Packer/49er game at Kesar Stadium. I think Bart S. was hurt, so it was Brodie v. Zeke Bratkowski. I don't remember who won, but I do remember the big G on the helmets. We went through some lean years after the first 2 Super Bowls, but I'm glad I stayed true. I live in Ca. But got the opportunity to take my kids to games in 2003 and 2004 at Lambeau and meet Favre, Driver, Green, Gilbert Brown, Bubba Franks and others. A once in a lifetime!

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of factors. Games starter broadcasting in here in the early 90's, and I started liking the Packers back then. Then I remembered that my father was an exchange student in Racine when he was young. Then I discovered they were publicly owned... Brett Favre, Reggie White and Sterling Sharpe were also reasons I started liking the Packers...
Same here for most of it. I love the fact that people in town each own a piece of the team.

mprog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made you a Packers fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?
Why Rodgers of course! 2008 was the year. Buffalo's my main team since I live there but it's all Packers for the NFC

TosaFan76

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sense of community. I moved out here from LA 20+ years ago. In LA sports have become disposable entertainment. Here people care, and they know -- not just the current team, but the history. Our community is what makes the Packers, not Disney $s.

NJPackersfan32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was a huge Cowboys fan as a kid in the early 90s, then switched to the Patriots towards the early 2000s, but after the Giants beat them in the Super Bowl I needed a new team. I had always liked the Steelers, but when the Green Bay beat them in the Super Bowl I decided to go with the Pack instead....

JUST KIDDING - my Dad was always a Packers fan and I followed tradition.

ClaysSecondWife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a 20 year old female college student who has been following this forum for years, so figure I should make my post! I was born in Milwaukee, and being a die hard cheesehead has been in the family, well, probably longer than the family itself. Becoming a Packers fan is totally just the natural progression of life for most Wisconsin kids. I had to be talked out of an "XLV" tattoo across my ring finger.

BTW: I'm a ******* girl currently living in florida, and love to remind all these buccaneer fans about what a real NFC powerhouse looks like

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts