1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What made you a Packers fan?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Scout200, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Wi. Mike now in Florida

Wi. Mike now in Florida Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    When I was a kid, we bleed the Packers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. WirePacker

WirePacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm a Packers fan from Warrington, in the UK!

I played poker professionally for a while and got coaching for a few years with my sponsorship deal. My coach was originally from Wisconsin, and is a huge Packers fan. In 2014 after we did some coaching on Skype, we stayed on the call to watch a Packers game.

I was instantly hooked and I haven't missed a game since.

It's my 30th birthday on Sunday... Last night I booked flights to head over for my first trip to Lambeau!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +9,324
    :geek: *PERK* Welcome to the forum.

4. WirePacker

WirePacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I see the Hellmuth reference :D

5. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +9,324
    Have met Phil, he is from around these parts. I'm actually a big Daniel Negreanu fan though...but "Kid Poker2000" would have made me sounded "too young" ;)

6. Bowman57

Bowman57 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm jealous...Never been to Lambeau--yet...I'll get there

7. Sky King

Sky King Car chaser. But, hey, who isn't?

Ratings:
    +1,548
    Welcome aboard!

8. Cheese Head

Cheese Head Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Pretty much I was born into it. Dad and Mom were huge fans and also my two older sisters who I loved to follow anything they did. I remember being really little sitting on my Dads lap watching the games.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Brendon12

Brendon12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Packers and poker hey now we're talking .

• Like Like x 1
  10. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +475
    it was the crazy things kids grab on to. grew up in colorado. my friends at school were starting to bring football cards to school so i though i'd get some. i knew nothing about pro football. my mom bought me a pack and the first card in the pack was a Packer (Paul Hornung btw). i liked the color combo but what really caught my eye was the G on the helmet. being named Gary it was automatic. the GB for Green Bay and my initials being GB didn't hurt. much to my surprise they were the Champions. being that they were prominently featured on sundays. been hooked since. brainwashed my little brother and later my kids as Packers fans. my brother's kids are Packers fans too. the lineage started with me though. lol

11. Pckrs1

Pckrs1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    GB always my favorite NFC but being from OH-IO Browns were mostly on TV. Then came 1995 and realized ThePack is where it's at. Have driven up with my son twice for games. One was good and snowy, the other very cold..both great fun. Next trip will be in September and take the ferry across L. Mchgn. GoPackGo

12. TosaFan76

TosaFan76 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    When I moved out here 20+ years ago from LA it was immediately clear that the Packers weren't just some sports team. They are part of the community. There are no other teams like the Packers and no other fans like Packer fans.

13. LanceStone

LanceStone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I became a Packers fan, shortly after getting the **** kicked outta me at a wendy's after a drunken night with the boys. I'll never forget that blob wearing the Urlacher jersey stomping my face out. Never looked back from then. Bears rot, Packers are GOAT!

14. Starr To Dowler

Starr To Dowler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +72
    Being born in Amherst, Wisconsin a few years before the Lombardi era began, what else could I have been? But once I got old enough to understand how special the Packers are, I became very grateful for having been born into Packerworld.

15. Meiiko

Meiiko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Funny story but my Elementary school teacher in Florida (huge Dolphins fan) printed out all of the 32 mascots. Asked each student to choose a team. All of my classmates chose Jaguars, Dolphins, Steeler’s and a few others. I wanted to be unique and chose the cheesehead and never looked back. Been a fan since and so much rich history. Go Pack Go

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. crent

crent Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    my dad made me a packers fan. he would dress me up in packers gear before i even knew what football was. i remember people would give me high fives when wearing my green bay jacket and i didn't even know why but i would remember them shouting GO PACKERS!

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. 4Favre

4Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I was watching on our black & white tv in 1966, i was just a little guy maybe 6 years old & i just decided that would be my team.......I love the uniforms and the way they won games..Bart Starr and all the greats on those teams...I could name them all...

18. Moose

Moose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    My Dad was born in Beaver Dam, Wi. When I was 10 or so, he took us to a Packer/49er game at Kesar Stadium. I think Bart S. was hurt, so it was Brodie v. Zeke Bratkowski. I don't remember who won, but I do remember the big G on the helmets. We went through some lean years after the first 2 Super Bowls, but I'm glad I stayed true. I live in Ca. But got the opportunity to take my kids to games in 2003 and 2004 at Lambeau and meet Favre, Driver, Green, Gilbert Brown, Bubba Franks and others. A once in a lifetime!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Cornelius Weems

Cornelius Weems Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +56
    Same here for most of it. I love the fact that people in town each own a piece of the team.

20. mprog

mprog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Why Rodgers of course! 2008 was the year. Buffalo's my main team since I live there but it's all Packers for the NFC

21. TosaFan76

TosaFan76 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    The sense of community. I moved out here from LA 20+ years ago. In LA sports have become disposable entertainment. Here people care, and they know -- not just the current team, but the history. Our community is what makes the Packers, not Disney $s.

22. ScottishCheeseHead

ScottishCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My dad got me a Jersey when I was younger and been a fan ever since :)

23. NJPackersfan32

NJPackersfan32 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Was a huge Cowboys fan as a kid in the early 90s, then switched to the Patriots towards the early 2000s, but after the Giants beat them in the Super Bowl I needed a new team. I had always liked the Steelers, but when the Green Bay beat them in the Super Bowl I decided to go with the Pack instead....

JUST KIDDING - my Dad was always a Packers fan and I followed tradition.

24. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +389
    fit like?

25. ClaysSecondWife

ClaysSecondWife Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    I am a 20 year old female college student who has been following this forum for years, so figure I should make my post! I was born in Milwaukee, and being a die hard cheesehead has been in the family, well, probably longer than the family itself. Becoming a Packers fan is totally just the natural progression of life for most Wisconsin kids. I had to be talked out of an "XLV" tattoo across my ring finger.

BTW: I'm a hooters girl currently living in florida, and love to remind all these buccaneer fans about what a real NFC powerhouse looks like

• Like Like x 1