What made you a Packers fan?

SUGAMAN44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My dad was a Chicago fan(from Belvedere) , Always rooting for Bears. I grew up Nevada. ( no team ). But, I used to love the passion Favre had when he played the game. Also, used to root for the packers cause it was funny making my dad upset. In little time just ended up always being a packers fan. Since I was in elem. school. Now me and my dad always get together for Bears vs Packers games and talk smack. Fun times.

Packer46

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made you a Packers fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?
Player loyalty, think back to every championship season, it works, you can’t buy loyalty but you can reward it.
We are off message in my opinion.

bmquig5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was playing Madden 2002, came free with my brand new Nintendo Gamecube. I was a young kid and wasn't very into football yet, so I used my hometown Detroit Lions, they were the only team I knew. I started a season/franchise mode, and the Packers were on the docket week 1. Charlie Batch and the boys got their butts kicked by the Packers. So, if I couldn't beat them, I used them, and I fell in love with the Packers from there. It was a total fluke, and I consider myself very lucky for that fluke.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Born and raised into a family of hardcore Packer fans on a dairy farm in west central Wisconsin.

stippe82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
madden 97. because i'm from switzerland, i did't know a lot about american Football. I just picked the Team with the coolest name and colors.. but when i got more into football and learned about the history of the Franchise, i knew i picked the right Team.
and this season i will finally attend my first game at lambeau. week 10 vs dolphins. really looking Forward to it!!

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
madden 97. because i'm from switzerland, i did't know a lot about american Football. I just picked the Team with the coolest name and colors.. but when i got more into football and learned about the history of the Franchise, i knew i picked the right Team.
and this season i will finally attend my first game at lambeau. week 10 vs dolphins. really looking Forward to it!!

Welcome. It's an experience you won't forget.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I hope you have a great time.

Welcome to the family.

Dirk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made you a Packers fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?
Living in Alaska, you kind of get to pick a team. Some people think you are obligated to root for Seattle teams as our closest team, I disagree. We have a large military presence so a lot of people root for the teams where they are from. I didn't have a team as a kid and my best friend's family was from Wisconsin so he was a Packer fan, so I joined. That was in 1992, a very good time to jump on the band wagon as a 6 year old. Stuck with them ever since.

Phazael

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Born in central Wisconsin, watched it with my father for as long as I can recall. Hate bandwagon fans, so never changed even during the Dan Devine, Randy Wright, Magic Man, or post Wolf periods of despair and mediocrity. Every win is a treasure.

Sean Dodd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi guys

I am a bears Fan because my uncle was a massive ears fan and I discovered football as a ten year old. I am from Australia and I will be spending my honeymoon in New York so I can see a packers game when we play the jets. Can anyone suggest the best way to get the full game day experience

John Psota-Jenkins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s an easy one - love of all thing Football, but The Packers ignighted a fire in me that I cannot turn off and don’t want to

ColoradoPacker51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Cheeseheads, new to the forum. I am a Colorado Packer who got my love for this team in 2000. I grew up a huge Cornhusker football fan, and as a young kid, my favorite player was Ahman Green. I was not a big NFL fan when I was young, but loved Ahman. He was traded to GB in 2000, and the rest is history, literally. As the Packers all time leading rusher, he helped turned me into the Cheesehead I am today. I bleed Green and Gold, and have been a diehard ever since. I’m also visiting Lambeau for the first time on Monday for the 49ers game and I cannot wait!!! Go Pack Go!

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Cheeseheads, new to the forum. I am a Colorado Packer who got my love for this team in 2000. I grew up a huge Cornhusker football fan, and as a young kid, my favorite player was Ahman Green. I was not a big NFL fan when I was young, but loved Ahman. He was traded to GB in 2000, and the rest is history, literally. As the Packers all time leading rusher, he helped turned me into the Cheesehead I am today. I bleed Green and Gold, and have been a diehard ever since. I’m also visiting Lambeau for the first time on Monday for the 49ers game and I cannot wait!!! Go Pack Go!
Welcome!

Looking forward to your fire MM contributions ;)

Jt4pres

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fell in love with an up and coming, gunslinging quarterback back in 93. Love has only gotten stronger.

felix145

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a big Michael Jordan fan in the 90s when I was a Kid and that raised my interest for US sports. I was born in Germany, so it was hard to get information about these sports as the only US sport shown in TV was basketball and we had no internet. So I went to a magazine kiosk and bought the "Huddle" magazine, because the big guys impressed me. There was one article which featured the Green Bay Packers and I loved the fact that they were owned by the fans. Brett Favre was the second reason. His poster replaced the Michael Jordan poster in my room.

Joe C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I grew up in NYC. I became a fan of Starr, Taylor and Hornung In 1961. Been one ever since.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Welcome. Lambeau is an experience you won't forget. Have fun.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First time I remember watching football was Packers @ Colts in 97 when I was 7. I was at my grandpa's house and he was a big Packer fan dating back to the Lombardi days. A fair amount of people in Iowa are Packer fans but it's quite evenly spread out between them, the Bears, Vikings, and Chiefs along with Broncos, St Louis (at that time) Rams, Cowboys, 49ers, and Steelers sprinkled in. Games I've cried after include 97 SB loss to Denver, Terrell Owens 'Catch 2' in 98, 4th and 26, 07 NFC Championship vs Giants, and pretty close in the 51-45 playoff loss @ Arizona in 09. I'm not as emotional now as when I was a kid but still yell at the TV loudly on occasion. Been to Lambeau twice in 06 vs Jets and week 17 2015 vs Vikings. Also saw Packers @ Vikings in 2014 at TCF Bank Stadium. Been very frustrated over the last few years on the team underachieving in addition to the Wisconsin Badgers/Milwaukee Brewers being rivals of my 2 favorite teams and having beat them in big moments this year makes me want to see Wisconsinites a little less happy but will wear Green and Gold until the day I day.

Members online

Latest posts