1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What made you a Packers fan?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Scout200, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Heyjoe4

Heyjoe4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +138
    In the mid 60s, when I was 12 or 13, Sunday Packer games were like going to church, with beer. I lived in Nor Cal for 18 years and once the G&G is in your blood, it never leaves. People asked me which team I cheered for, niners or Raiders? My answer was always the same - Packers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Eduardo Valadares

Eduardo Valadares Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    I had never seen a football match prior to SB XXXI. Fell in love with the game and the winning team. Besides that, I was a teen and the music band Green Day was one of my favourites back then. So the name "Green Bay" (never heard of the city before also) sounded very cool.
    I'm not from U.S., btw.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BostonBlackie

BostonBlackie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    At 16, 1960, I started lifting light weights for football. I was the right end in the old Single-wing formation. That's the strong side end. Jim Taylor inspired me to start weight training. It was a tremendous help.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  4. larry mccall

larry mccall Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I was born a Packer fan, both my Father & Mother, aunts, uncles and cousins were Cheeseheads. My mother is also celebrating 100 seasons this month. She will be 100 on Nov 25. So you see why I am a Packer Backer. Wish I could get the team to send her a card. I can provide her address.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. GBkrzygrl

GBkrzygrl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    Wow. Happy Birthday to your Mom.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. BostonBlackie

BostonBlackie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Have you tried calling them?

7. Vfoaln

Vfoaln Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Won a football in Punt Pass and Kick in 1964 that had stamped autographs of champion Green Bay Packers and been a Packers fan ever since. In the south there were not many Packer fans at that time.

8. Packerpug

Packerpug Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    My parents immigrated(legally) from India in 1966 to New York when I was 4 years old. In 1970 Christmas I received a Packer helmet and pajamas, and I am still not sure how they got one in Mount Vernon, NY back then. My parents had no clue what football was, and I guess my dad read the papers and realized the Packers were the best team at the time. Since then I've always been in awe of the team and Green Bay, WI as an exotic far off land. I was honored to live in Wisconsin from 1994-2018 where my kids were born and blessed with the Gold package in 1996. Green Bay is what's best of America, the fans are so friendly and accepting , I feel truly at home at a Packer game. There is no better feeling than to be a Packer fan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +9,324
    Nice story of how you became a fan! Welcome to the Packer forum, I hope you stay and enjoy yourself among a pretty decent group of die hard knowledgeable fans that seem to be spread around the globe.

10. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,887
    And you too

• Funny Funny x 1