What made you a Packers fan?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the mid 60s, when I was 12 or 13, Sunday Packer games were like going to church, with beer. I lived in Nor Cal for 18 years and once the G&G is in your blood, it never leaves. People asked me which team I cheered for, niners or Raiders? My answer was always the same - Packers.

Eduardo Valadares

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had never seen a football match prior to SB XXXI. Fell in love with the game and the winning team. Besides that, I was a teen and the music band Green Day was one of my favourites back then. So the name "Green Bay" (never heard of the city before also) sounded very cool.
I'm not from U.S., btw.

BostonBlackie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At 16, 1960, I started lifting light weights for football. I was the right end in the old Single-wing formation. That's the strong side end. Jim Taylor inspired me to start weight training. It was a tremendous help.

INTRODUCTION

I have worked with barbells for the past 10 years and contribute a great share of my accomplishments in football to their use. Barbells have given me that extra strength, endurance, and stamina needed in pro football.

It is my sincere hope you may find this exercise book most useful in your training. From my own experience you will follow the workouts with sincerity you will be amazed at the results.

Good Luck and best wishes,

Jim Taylor

Last edited:

larry mccall

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made you a Packers fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?
I was born a Packer fan, both my Father & Mother, aunts, uncles and cousins were Cheeseheads. My mother is also celebrating 100 seasons this month. She will be 100 on Nov 25. So you see why I am a Packer Backer. Wish I could get the team to send her a card. I can provide her address.

Vfoaln

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Won a football in Punt Pass and Kick in 1964 that had stamped autographs of champion Green Bay Packers and been a Packers fan ever since. In the south there were not many Packer fans at that time.

Packerpug

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My parents immigrated(legally) from India in 1966 to New York when I was 4 years old. In 1970 Christmas I received a Packer helmet and pajamas, and I am still not sure how they got one in Mount Vernon, NY back then. My parents had no clue what football was, and I guess my dad read the papers and realized the Packers were the best team at the time. Since then I've always been in awe of the team and Green Bay, WI as an exotic far off land. I was honored to live in Wisconsin from 1994-2018 where my kids were born and blessed with the Gold package in 1996. Green Bay is what's best of America, the fans are so friendly and accepting , I feel truly at home at a Packer game. There is no better feeling than to be a Packer fan.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My parents immigrated(legally) from India in 1966 to New York when I was 4 years old. In 1970 Christmas I received a Packer helmet and pajamas, and I am still not sure how they got one in Mount Vernon, NY back then. My parents had no clue what football was, and I guess my dad read the papers and realized the Packers were the best team at the time. Since then I've always been in awe of the team and Green Bay, WI as an exotic far off land. I was honored to live in Wisconsin from 1994-2018 where my kids were born and blessed with the Gold package in 1996. Green Bay is what's best of America, the fans are so friendly and accepting , I feel truly at home at a Packer game. There is no better feeling than to be a Packer fan.

Nice story of how you became a fan! Welcome to the Packer forum, I hope you stay and enjoy yourself among a pretty decent group of die hard knowledgeable fans that seem to be spread around the globe.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Nice story of how you became a fan! Welcome to the Packer forum, I hope you stay and enjoy yourself among a pretty decent group of die hard knowledgeable fans that seem to be spread around the globe.

And you too

coachal89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was all about football cards that got me hooked on the Packers. In 1992, when Favre started playing during the season, I had a lot of his rookie cards. So my thinking was if he does well I'll do well because of that, the rest is history. GO PACK GO!

I

It was all about football cards that got me hooked on the Packers. In 1992, when Favre started playing during the season, I had a lot of his rookie cards. So my thinking was if he does well I'll do well because of that, the rest is history. GO PACK GO!

Sadly my Tim Tebow collection didn't pan out for me.

Rodgers2adams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the site so thought this would be a good place to start.

I am Australian and especially when I was younger the NFL didn't get much coverage here but I always loved it. I started playing the Madden series when I was like 14 and the first team I played as was The Packers because something just appealed to me, and have been a Packer ever since.

Bowman57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the site so thought this would be a good place to start.

I am Australian and especially when I was younger the NFL didn't get much coverage here but I always loved it. I started playing the Madden series when I was like 14 and the first team I played as was The Packers because something just appealed to me, and have been a Packer ever since.

Welcome aboard...
Along the same lines, for a while, I would follow Australian Rules Football...
ESPN would show some games...
I adopted the Fremantle Dockers as my fave team...
Been out of the loop now...

dominique1015

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The long history, the old Lambeau stadium, the same team culture, these are the reasons why we like packers, the location I think is not so important, of course, the influence of the stars!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the location I think is not so important
Well, the location is important to me since my family comes from Wisconsin (even though I don't live there). But that aside, I like the appeal of Green Bay being the smallest city with a major professional sports team. In that sense, I'd probably still like them if they were the Dubuque Packers, but I don't know if it would be quite the same for me. Too many memories of visiting relatives when I was younger, and seeing all the Packer memorabilia around the state.

Plus it was a treat as a kid being able to go into bars with my parents (they'd always have some Packers stuff hanging up), since minors couldn't go into bars in Indiana.

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though I live in New Jersey I got interested in Football in the mid 60's.........need I say more ?

Shoop

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lifetime Cowboys fan. Tired of the way the franchise is run and the garbage product on the field. I have multiple friends and family members who are packers fans so I have followed GB as a secondary team for a while. I’m just ready to stop supporting the Dirtbag that owns that franchise and root for a team that I can hopefully not be ashamed of.

Joe C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made you a Packers fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?
I grew up in the borough of the Bronx in N.Y. during the 1950s. In fact, I was 10 when the Packers played Philadelphia in the playoffs. What attracted me as a fan was the leadership & personality of Vince Lombardi (Fordham’s 7 blocks of granite) and the play of Bart Starr, Paul Hornung and my personal favorite Jimmy Taylor. Been a big fan ever since - still live in N.Y.

Greg Burzynski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is my first post to this forum,, I am not sure,, oh well.
Being born in Wisco,, ( west allis). I was born a fan. I remember going to games at Milwaukee County Stadium,, Lambeau. Watching players like ****ey, Brockington, Lofton, Middleton, the list goes on. I remember watching Martin Slamming McMahon to the turf,,lol. Been to the Packer Hall of fame plenty of times as a kid. I can still see the Ray Nitschke Helmet with the bolt sticking in it. Living in the suburbs of Chicago in the 80's it was painful to be a packer fan, oh how times have changed!!!! Now living in Texas,, I display my colors PROUDLY!!!!

The best memories where does of listening to game on the radio with my father while we tuned up the sleds for the winter ( artic cats). The list goes on and on. Finally how can you NOT be a packer fan???!!!!!

Last tid bit,, my initials are GB,, I guess that is fate..lol

PhilaPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Iam a fan of the NFL for 35+ yrs. There are many teams I like to follow, as I do for the PACKERS. But the Packers have a category all their own. Its the long history of the team, and the iconic players of greatness of the past during the 60's. The 70's and 80's were average teams, but still I remember the days of Lynn ****ey, Barty Smith, and James Lofton, etc. The Brett Favre and Reggie White era is naturally unforgettable, and today's era with Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews has a place in time as well.

I

The super enthusiasm of some of the members I`ve met on here.......:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

After I visited Green Bay in 2012, I went back later in the year especially to see them beat the crap out of the Cowboys. The rest is history......Go Pack Go.

Members online

Latest posts