What made you a Packers fan?

PackIngIt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that is to funny. A love my Atlanta women. Not the Real Housewives of Atlanta women. Most of those women paid for their hair, booty, teeth, & eye lashes. This is true WISCONSIN BEAUTY. And she was talking **** to everybody. Love her.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GoP4ckGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hello, I began as a packers fan back in 2012 so not as long as many here. basically I was working at an electronics store that always had TVs on during the football season and my coworkers always were talking about football. I just naturally picked it up and I've been getting more and more into the different positions like offensive and defensive line and learning more every season. I think this is our season to remind the NFL fanbase that the Packers are in a league of their own besides the Patriots who I know are also always in the playoffs. GO PACK

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Growing up in San Diego, my family and I were all dyed in the wool Chargers fans. But I always had a soft spot for the Packers. I went to church with John Brockington and loved listening to him talk about his playing days. That affinity was only strengthened when I got married and moved to Montana (where my wife is from). Her family has always cheered for the Packers, as her little brother decided he really loved green & gold when he was about four years old.

So when the Chargers dirtbag owner, who can't afford to build himself a stadium, decided to drag our team off to the disgusting wasteland that is Los Angeles, it seemed natural to turn my attention to the Pack. I already know quite a bit about them and have always pulled for them in the playoffs. More importantly, the family I have up here all cheers for them and I want to give my sons the experience I had: everyone rooting together and living/dying with each play.

It would seem that this organization is everything that the Chargers' is not: organized, capable, and committed. In ways, it feels wrong for a born and raised Chargers fan to root for a franchise this successful. But I'm sure I'll get over it.

Sky King

Reaction score
Growing up in San Diego, my family and I were all dyed in the wool Chargers fans. But I always had a soft spot for the Packers. I went to church with John Brockington and loved listening to him talk about his playing days. That affinity was only strengthened when I got married and moved to Montana (where my wife is from). Her family has always cheered for the Packers, as her little brother decided he really loved green & gold when he was about four years old.

So when the Chargers dirtbag owner, who can't afford to build himself a stadium, decided to drag our team off to the disgusting wasteland that is Los Angeles, it seemed natural to turn my attention to the Pack. I already know quite a bit about them and have always pulled for them in the playoffs. More importantly, the family I have up here all cheers for them and I want to give my sons the experience I had: everyone rooting together and living/dying with each play.

It would seem that this organization is everything that the Chargers' is not: organized, capable, and committed. In ways, it feels wrong for a born and raised Chargers fan to root for a franchise this successful. But I'm sure I'll get over it.
Welcome aboard! Just know that your status as a fan is irrelevant to where you were born. That's coming from someone who is a Packer fan by birthright. :tup:

williepackers4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made you a Packers fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?
My Dad is a packers fan , i grew up loving and watching bret favre , who is my favorite Qb ever ! Antonio freeman was my guy also ! Ive always love the fans and the lambeau leap as a young kid , so manys players i could name from driver to javon walker that were just big play makers , Reggie White , Man i could go on for days , I love the Pack !

selimcan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made you a Packers fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?
Hello from Istanbul, Turkey.
Born and grew up in Istanbul I used to watch NFL games when I was visiting high school. Used to be a 49ers fan back then.
I started watching NFL again in 2014 when I found about Packers history, legacy and of course Aaron Rodgers. Became Packers fan immediately.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1993...nine years old...Brett Favre...Sterling Sharpe...Mike Holmgren...Reggie White vs Barry Sanders and Detroit Lions in (I think) the Divisional Playoffs. That was the beginning!!!

Adrien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was born on a French island in the Caribbean and didn't discover football until 2006, when I was sent to boarding school in Canada. I became a Packer fan after discovering that the team is owned by people as oppose to a billionaire owner.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was born in Indiana, but my parents were from Wisconsin. We used to vacation there every summer, and it was a big thrill as a kid to be able to go into the taverns (which was legal then). Of course there was always Packer memorabilia hanging up, and my relatives would have Packer gear in their house. I was born in 1960, so I remember Lombardi's Packers as a child.

Of course my father always liked the Packers. He died when I was 15. He was not a wealthy man, so I always considered being a Packer fan one of the main things that he left me.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.
and it was a big thrill as a kid to be able to go into the taverns (which was legal then).
It's still legal now, especially in the small town and country bars. That is where the good food is. Most rural areas can't support a full time restaurant. Heck I've been in bars where the sub 15 crowd outnumbers the adults and you have to watch where you walk or you'll trip over a car seat. These times are especially when there are youth sports in the area, its summer, and there is a bit of a drive yet to get home.

Patrick J. Costello

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had a "Put Me In Vince" sweatshirt, shook Max McGee's hand at the Left End, went to Bob Long's Pizza Hut hopin' to see a Packer. Waited in autograph lines for Fred Carr, Chester and Mike McCoy and went to game in a snowmobile suit

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your interested there is a great article on ESPN Milwaukee about one of Green Bay Packers greatest fans. Very enjoyable read.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Guys! So I was an exchange student from the Netherlands at UW-Madison in 2013 and from there my love for football grew enormously. Watching the Packers play some intense games in that fall semester while eating 10$ all you can eat wings in that year I discovered that it was not a billionaire-team, it had a rich history and its all about that draft and develop approach. These were the same characteristics which also made me an Arsenal FC fan, and now a Packers fan!

Croquet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 1966 I was playing croquet in the front yard of my uncle's house in Orlando. All the adults were inside watching football. I asked who was playing. Someone said the Packers and Cowboys. I guess it was the Championship game. I said whoever wins will be my favorite team forever. Grace of God. Go Pack Go!

Have made many friends over the years, dated a girl from Cadotte, go snowmobiling twice a year in Hurley and the UP.

Being a Packer fan has truly been a blessing.

Most of the time.

So that is also where the screen name comes from.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
In 1966 I was playing croquet in the front yard of my uncle's house in Orlando. All the adults were inside watching football. I asked who was playing. Someone said the Packers and Cowboys. I guess it was the Championship game. I said whoever wins will be my favorite team forever. Grace of God. Go Pack Go!

Have made many friends over the years, dated a girl from Cadotte, go snowmobiling twice a year in Hurley and the UP.

Being a Packer fan has truly been a blessing.

Most of the time.

So that is also where the screen name comes from.
Been wondering about the croquet handle....good stuff

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Started watching the Packers with my dad when I was 5 yrs old, back in 1972. Dad liked the Packers, and that was enough for me to like them also. Remember going to the Packer HOF on our way to Milwaukee the following spring. Got me some Packers stickers and some football cards while we were there. My dedication to this team has never wavered.

Croquet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks DoURant and Poppa san. All true. Packer fan by the grace of God. My son, brother and all family are too.

By the way in 1966 I was 9 and had no clue about football.

J.A.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Eau Claire. I remember one time when I was a little kid (this would have been in the mid- to late-60's) and my older brother drew all of the football helmets and colored them in and was showing them to my dad as he sat in his favorite chair. Being an annoying little brother, I butted in and said, "I want to see!" Being a typical older brother, he yelled something like, "Get out of here!" Being a dad, my dad said, "Let him look at it. He just wants to see it."

As I was admiring my brother's work, my dad asked me, "Which one is your favorite?" and I immediately pointed to the Packer helmet. My dad then said, "That's my favorite, too." I remember being so proud that I had the same favorite team as my dad!

To be honest, I probably just picked the Packers helmet at that stage of my life because it was yellow, which was (and still is) my favorite color. But that night, a love affair began that has lasted nearly five decades and is showing no sign of fading any time soon. As a kid growing up, the walls of my room were plastered with any newspaper or magazine article, or any cartoon, or even just any mention of the Packers (I even would cut the listings out of the TV Guide after the week was over). As an adult, I have had a dedicated "Packers room" every where I've lived for the past 25+ years.

So basically, I don't ever remember not being a Packers fan and I can't ever envision a point in my life when I won't be a Packers fan.

Staff online

Members online