What is your opinion...

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
If Bill Bellichick took over as head coach next year and garanteed a 6 year contract (we will say that's Rodgers career), how many rings would the packers walk away with? I say they go to 3 Super Bowls and win all 3.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Bill Bellichick took over as head coach next year and garanteed a 6 year contract (we will say that's Rodgers career), how many rings would the packers walk away with? I say they go to 3 Super Bowls and win all 3.

I'd say that's about right.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man Tom Brady must suck since they have only won one in the last 11 years

Belichick is a terrific coach - maybe the best ever at least in top 5- but it is oddly hard to win the Super Bowl

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man Tom Brady must suck since they have only won one in the last 11 years

Belichick is a terrific coach - maybe the best ever at least in top 5- but it is oddly hard to win the Super Bowl

And 3 out of the 4 years before your selected time frame. As opposed to 1 in 12 years of TT (11 with MM), which IMO will be they're only one when done.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And 3 out of the 4 years before your selected time frame. As opposed to 1 in 12 years of TT (11 with MM), which IMO will be they're only one when done.

It could be those 4 years or the next 11 though. Did he get worse as a coach? No. Super Bowl wins are fluky.

Not sure why your brought MM into this. No one thinks MM is near the coach of Belichick. I fully think he has held the team back from at least 1 more Super Bowl.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could be those 4 years or the next 11 though. Did he get worse as a coach? No. Super Bowl wins are fluky.

Not sure why your brought MM into this. No one thinks MM is near the coach of Belichick. I fully think he has held the team back from at least 1 more Super Bowl.

Agree with you about MM. Sure they're tough to win; any title is. But BB has his team win more than anyone. If they'e not winning, they're one of just a few every year for 15 years and counting who are legitimate, for real title contenders.
MM and this team just talk about it a lot.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with you about MM. Sure they're tough to win; any title is. But BB has his team win more than anyone. If they'e not winning, they're one of just a few every year for 15 years and counting who are legitimate, for real title contenders.
MM and this team just talk about it a lot.

True. Starting at favres last year though this team has been contenders a quite a few times. 1 super bowl win, 2 nfl championship losses, a 15-1 season. But the end results have not been there. That needs to change

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So this is just another angle to bash the current coaching staff. We have a few other threads that already have that covered.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So this is just another angle to bash the current coaching staff. We have a few other threads that already have that covered.

Is that what you think it is? I don't see it the same, but if you think a 'merge' would work better, well, that's one of the jobs and prerogatives of a mod.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Is that what you think it is? I don't see it the same, but if you think a 'merge' would work better, well, that's one of the jobs and prerogatives of a mod.
I'm willing to give it time to see if it drifts elsewhere. Bashing MM threads and threads hijacked to bash MM are around though.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Belichek would also change the culture of the defense. Could he work with all the youth that TT has acquired? Would he want personnel control to get "his" guys? Are you wanting a new head man with current staff? Or a new staff too?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Belichek would also change the culture of the defense. Could he work with all the youth that TT has acquired? Would he want personnel control to get "his" guys? Are you wanting a new head man with current staff? Or a new staff too?

If I could get Belichek, it would be like Lombardi- just give him what he wants/needs.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, don't give him this team to succeed but let him build his own team?
The current GB team is capable of a deep playoff run just the way it is, now. IMHO Belichick as HC would have a serious shot at SB 51. Re-focusing AR would turn the offense back into the juggernaut it was a few years ago (hitting short YAC passes & moving the chains).

Also IMHO, the recent playoff losses were lost on the sideline, not on the field... so with TT in place & BB on the sidelines there would be much better chance of more Lombardi Trophies (2014 and going forward).

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
To be clear, this is not an angle to bash the current coaching staff. It's a simple ponder about what the best coach in NFL history could do with the best quarterback in the NFL. Have you not been paying attention to what he has done so far this season? Let me cue you in. Last night they played with an injured 3rd string rookie quarterback and their best player on the field (gronk) hardly took any snaps due to his hamstring injury. Oh yah, and they shut out the Texans 27-0.
I think that MM is a great coach, but he's not on the same universe as BB. No one is.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
Yes, exactly. This team is not winning a Super Bowl. Belichek would- byany means nessessary, hello TT- change the roster accordingly.
I disagree. The beauty of BB is he wins with ANYONE playing! Note my post above.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bellilchick is a great coach of a great organization. I admire the hell out of the guy and the team.

and maybe I missed something, I admittedly only watched from midway thru the 3rd to the end and the patriots were ready to play. He did have them ready to play. he is a good coach. But I saw a defense that was pretty good, against a completely inept offense that couldn't have walked itself to the first down marker if the ref's gave them a 10 yard penalty. If Osweiler could throw an on target pass, they couldn't catch it. Most weren't on target. They were backed up inside the 10, a lot like we were last week. Kudos to the Patriots special teams

But outside of 2 Blount rushes on a drive that started around midfield or inside of, and a couple of pass interference calls in the endzone, their offense could have been run by anyone. They did shut them out, and that's commendable, but I don't think the Texans really put up much of a fight either
To be clear, this is not an angle to bash the current coaching staff. It's a simple ponder about what the best coach in NFL history could do with the best quarterback in the NFL. Have you not been paying attention to what he has done so far this season? Let me cue you in. Last night they played with an injured 3rd string rookie quarterback and their best player on the field (gronk) hardly took any snaps due to his hamstring injury. Oh yah, and they shut out the Texans 27-0.
I think that MM is a great coach, but he's not on the same universe as BB. No one is.

D

Deleted member 6794

There's no doubt Belichick currently is the best head coach in the NFL. The Packers hiring him wouldn't guarantee winning a Super Bowl though.

Belichick would for sure prefer to be the team's general manager as well, building the roster according to his desire.

Also IMHO, the recent playoff losses were lost on the sideline, not on the field... so with TT in place & BB on the sidelines there would be much better chance of more Lombardi Trophies (2014 and going forward).

The loss to the Seahawks is mostly to blame on the players messing up as well as the lack of talent at inside linebacker. In addition the coaches for sure aren't responsible for Randall blowing the coverage on Fitzgerald in overtime last season.

The only playoff loss I attribute to terrible coaching is the one to the Niners in 2012.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well if the purpose is to ponder what could BB do with the best QB in the league then just wait a few weeks until Tom freaking Brady returns.

Good lord predicting he'd win 3 SBs in 6 years just by making the move to GB when it would be considered a wash, at best, going from Brady to Rodgers so that would mean that we've got a supremely talented team around Rodgers if that's the case. Much more talented then the Pats the last few years in that scenerio

I don't want to hear anyone that agrees with that to ever bash TT ever again.

Lol though. "Just trying to ponder what he could do with the best QB in the league"..... Tom freaking Brady

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One bad roll of the dice, one random injury and dreams of SB vanishes. I doubt BB would do any better than MM.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he would do great things with this offense. Montgomery, Cobb, Adams, and Abbrederris have the athletic traits he looks for in receivers, with the first 3 being tough after the catch as well. Not to mention Rodgers' ability, as well as Nelson.

Members online

Latest posts