What is your opinion...

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see what he could do with this team. I like MM, but BB is just above everyone else currently coaching in the NFL. But I do have to say, he is not the best ever, that guy won 5 NFL championships in 7 years after taking over a terrible team. I do think he is great though. The best coach in the last 40 plus years.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Bill Bellichick took over as head coach next year and garanteed a 6 year contract (we will say that's Rodgers career), how many rings would the packers walk away with? I say they go to 3 Super Bowls and win all 3.

They definitely don't lose that Seattle game with BB. Three sounds right to me.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take a Super Bowl any way I can get one, but other than that rather flukey year, the Packers have been serious underachievers/choke artists in the playoffs under MM. I won't say they would win a Super Bowl under BB but they wouldn't do some of the embarrassing things they've done under MM.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say either 5 or 7.

5 because it would really be 6 but they take one away for cheating or 7 because Bill Bellichick and Aaron Rodgers together would be so freaking unbeatable that they would give them an extra one just because they are Bill freaking Bellichick and Aaron freaking Rodgers.

D

Deleted member 6794

One bad roll of the dice, one random injury and dreams of SB vanishes. I doubt BB would do any better than MM.

I think Belichick is capable to adjust to a random injury or suspension better than any of the current head coaches. While it's close to impossible winning a Super Bowl losing an elite quarterback for an extended period of time he has proven to be capable of being successful with backup QBs in the regular season.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The Packers winning percentage without Rodgers indicates the team isn't that talented when taking the quarterback position out of the equation as well as the coaching staff not being able to overcome not having an elite talent at the game's most important position.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wouldn't necessarily call it a " fluke" per say. Just got hot ( Ala Giants SB runs) at the right time.

That's true for every single Super Bowl champion though. The Packers learned the hard way in 2011 that dominating in the regular season doesn't guarantee success in the playoffs.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
That's true for every single Super Bowl champion though. The Packers learned the hard way in 2011 that dominating in the regular season doesn't guarantee success in the playoffs.
Agree. Championships aren't easy. Slings and arrows come from all directions every year. A lot of things have to fall in place in order to stand at the top of the 32 team league. I don't buy into the oft-repeated mantra here that we have been perennial chokers. Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that another team outplayed and outcoached you on a particular day.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Captain, I am surprised Bart Starr isn't in that chart. Zeke Bratkowski started and won a number of games with Lombardi.

D

Deleted member 6794

Captain, I am surprised Bart Starr isn't in that chart. Zeke Bratkowski started and won a number of games with Lombardi.

The chart is from Football Outsiders' twitter account. Bratkowski actually started only eight games for the Packers while being Starr's backup, going 4-3-1 (.563).

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Earl Morral win a fair percentage of the Dolphins games in their undefeated season as well.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to take any chances of being a fan of a team that very well may end up cheating.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did the majority of pundits say that McCarthy out-coached Belichick in our most recent head-to-head game in 2014? I remember it being close enough that home field advantage might have been the final straw either way, but both were good teams with Pats winning the SB that year.

Would Belichick be a good coach here? Sure. Would he improve upon things? Unknown. He sucked before going to New England. Who could say whether or not all the puzzle pieces in Foxboro fit perfectly for him but wouldn't elsewhere? The man may know where his bread is buttered and doesn't want to chance ruining a good thing. IDK. Very hypothetical.

However, I seem to think that most teams that are good but looking to great end up doing worse when they dump their coaches. It seems like you must reach the bottom before you can make the meteoric rise.

Members online

Latest posts