What Happened in Green Bay - Bleacher Report

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dujuan harris was named. janis' quotes pretty much agreed with how the article presented his situation.

Here's what Janis actually said:

Jeff Janis had to set the record straight about his relationship with Aaron Rodgers. The former Green Bay Packers wide receiver was mentioned in the Bleacher Report article about being "dogged" by Aaron Rodgers. But Janis went to Twitter to say that is far from the truth.

"Don't think for one second that because an article says I was 'dogged' that it holds any truth," Janis said. "You don't earn a roster spot for four years if you're getting 'dogged.' Look at my situation, lots of other guys in the WR room were incredible...do I wish I played more and got more chances. Hell yes. What professional athlete wouldn't? Do I think it was ever personal? Hell no. I truly believe A-Rod was ******* me and is on others because:

A. He knows what it takes to be great

B. He wants to win. Period.

"Was it tough at times? Yes. Did I always agree with it? No. But I know deep down his intentions were good and only wanted to see us succeed."

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Jeff-Janis-Aaron-Rodgers-dogged--131040391/

So, no, he did not back up Jennings.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's what Janis actually said:

Jeff Janis had to set the record straight about his relationship with Aaron Rodgers. The former Green Bay Packers wide receiver was mentioned in the Bleacher Report article about being "dogged" by Aaron Rodgers. But Janis went to Twitter to say that is far from the truth.

"Don't think for one second that because an article says I was 'dogged' that it holds any truth," Janis said. "You don't earn a roster spot for four years if you're getting 'dogged.' Look at my situation, lots of other guys in the WR room were incredible...do I wish I played more and got more chances. Hell yes. What professional athlete wouldn't? Do I think it was ever personal? Hell no. I truly believe A-Rod was ******* me and is on others because:

A. He knows what it takes to be great

B. He wants to win. Period.

"Was it tough at times? Yes. Did I always agree with it? No. But I know deep down his intentions were good and only wanted to see us succeed."

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Jeff-Janis-Aaron-Rodgers-dogged--131040391/

So, no, he did not back up Jennings.
janis said rodgers was "******* him."
i remember one press gang-bang at rodgers' locker when he was asked about janis' progress. rodgers said he's "still catching with his body." he smirked, the reporters laughed. no other comments.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Again I will ask. What sane, halfway intelligent person who has any clue about Rodgers first 3 years in the NFL has tried claiming that McCarthy deserves no credit for Rodgers development? I’m not talking about your typical, ill-informed, biased fan. I’m talking about FOOTBALL people. Former coaches, analysts, players, etc.

Mike McCarthy has gotten plenty of credit for Rodgers’ development. You won’t find a football guy out there that will try to tell you otherwise. And if you can find a few, then they are in the vast minority.

First, some of you have your heads so far Down in The sand in regards to Rodgers, and always deflect blame when it comes to Rodgers ...

Second, - it actually goes to show you and Tell you alot about Rodgers as a person, that he (Rodgers) (seemingly) have vented to others about McLardys (football) Intelligence, yet, McLardy and GB’s qb coaching staff was coaching up Rodgers when he first came into The NFL - completely changing his throwing mechanisms ... There is alot more to this “Rift” between The Two than meets The eye. McLardy is AS much responsible for GBs succes’s from 2007-2013/14 than most of you give him credit for ...

Third, pot meet kettle ...

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i remember one press gang-bang at rodgers' locker when he was asked about janis' progress. rodgers said he's "still catching with his body." he smirked, the reporters laughed. no other comments.

How awful!.....:D

Lombardi, on the other hand, was gentle, so as to avoid hurting anyone's feelings.....

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

So is it the smirk that bothered you or the truth?

Janis is now stating that he supports Rodgers and understands what both AR and MM were trying to do to help Jeff and his career.

Janis stated:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How awful!.....:D

Lombardi, on the other hand, was gentle, so as to avoid hurting anyone's feelings.....
ha! the guys nowadays are a whole different breed than the guys back then. heck...goes for most thirty-somethings and younger today. still living with parents, everything offends them. smh. snowplow-parenting has ruined people.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow you have to read with a slanted lens to think Janis backed up the way that story portrayed Janis and Rodgers relationship. All my best coaches were ******* me. When I was a young guy on a team the leaders were ******* me because they saw potential. Being ******* someone like Janis discusses is nowhere near the petty putting someone in a doghouse the article described.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ha! the guys nowadays are a whole different breed than the guys back then. heck...goes for most thirty-somethings and younger today. still living with parents, everything offends them. smh. snowplow-parenting has ruined people.

:laugh:

Snowflake generation....Hope they can find a "safe place" till they feel better.

Now, back in my day.....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So is it the smirk that bothered you or the truth?

Janis is now stating that he supports Rodgers and understands what both AR and MM were trying to do to help Jeff and his career.

Janis stated:

nothing about it bothered me. just backed up janis' comment that rodgers was ******* him. humiliating him in public. ******* doesn't seem to be that far off the mark. i'm no janis fanboy. never thought he was anything more than a bottom of the roster, ST's guy.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow you have to read with a slanted lens to think Janis backed up the way that story portrayed Janis and Rodgers relationship. All my best coaches were ******* me. When I was a young guy on a team the leaders were ******* me because they saw potential. Being ******* someone like Janis discusses is nowhere near the petty putting someone in a doghouse the article described.
rodgers isn't/wasn't his coach.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nothing about it bothered me. just backed up janis' comment that rodgers was ******* him. humiliating him in public. ******* doesn't seem to be that far off the mark. i'm no janis fanboy. never thought he was anything more than a bottom of the roster, ST's guy.
He said nothing about Rodgers humiliating him in public. He simply said he was ******* him.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He said nothing about Rodgers humiliating him in public. He simply said he was ******* him.

no...i did. that's how i characterize rodgers' comments in the story i referenced below.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
First, some of you have your heads so far Down in The sand in regards to Rodgers, and always deflect blame when it comes to Rodgers ...

Second, - it actually goes to show you and Tell you alot about Rodgers as a person, that he (Rodgers) (seemingly) have vented to others about McLardys (football) Intelligence, yet, McLardy and GB’s qb coaching staff was coaching up Rodgers when he first came into The NFL - completely changing his throwing mechanisms ... There is alot more to this “Rift” between The Two than meets The eye. McLardy is AS much responsible for GBs succes’s from 2007-2013/14 than most of you give him credit for ...

Third, pot meet kettle ...
Are you totally incapable of reading? I literally have stated twice in two separate posts that McCarthy gets plenty of credit for developing Rodgers. I've been on the record many times in the past on this forum (use the search function if you know how) saying that McCarthy deserves a ton of credit for Rodgers becoming the player that he is.

I criticize Rodgers when I feel it is warranted. But you on the other hand never give him credit for anything. So who's the one who really has their head in the sand, sport?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you totally incapable of reading? I literally have stated twice in two separate posts that McCarthy gets plenty of credit for developing Rodgers. I've been on the record many times in the past on this forum (use the search function if you know how) saying that McCarthy deserves a ton of credit for Rodgers becoming the player that he is.

I criticize Rodgers when I feel it is warranted. But you on the other hand never give him credit for anything. So who's the one who really has their head in the sand, sport?
Dude it's pointless to reason with him. You're not going to change his mind. But I attest to what you've said. You've given credit where credit is due, and you have been critical of Rodgers when it was warranted.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Dude it's pointless to reason with him. You're not going to change his mind. But I attest to what you've said. You've given credit where credit is due, and you have been critical of Rodgers when it was warranted.
@Quientus probably won't respond anyway. He never does when he gets backed into a corner he can't get himself out of.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

disagree with me if you must but please don't ever "sport" me. lol

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
disagree with me if you must but please don't ever "sport" me. lol
I initially thought you were anti-Rodgers but no, your points are well thought out, and you will acknowledge opposing points as well rather than disregard them. You can be highly critical of him to the point where I think you're being silly, but I'll never put you in the same category as some other individuals on here in regards to their thoughts on Arodg.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
@Quientus probably won't respond anyway. He never does when he gets backed into a corner he can't get himself out of.

Actually, I’ve been factual and objective when writing contrary to some of you, WHO always dismiss Any critisism ... and look WHO is talking about “search” ??? LOL

Please find any post by me, were I havent been (critically) “objective” about my thoughts on Rodgers ???

Some of you just Seem to have your heads so far up Rodgers behind, that its difficult to tell where Rodgers end and you begin ... :rolleyes:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

If it didn't bother you and it didn't bother Jeff Janis.....then just how important is it for people to bring it up as a strike against Rodgers???

This seems to boil down to the sensitivity of an individual. I don't doubt Greg Jennings feels hurt. However, his feelings are based on his perception as well as his individual filter that he uses to process all of this. His experience with #12 seems to be the exception more than the rule and I personally pass it off as a disgruntled ex with a microphone and an audience trying to stretch nothing into something.

The Janis situation is a perfect example of how perception and filters work. Until Jeff Janis recently spoke his mind, some wanted to say he was hurt and humiliated by the way Rodgers treated him. Is that how Jeff really feels or is that how people who interpret the situation want him to feel? He put his feelings out there, yet some can't except that, because it doesn't fit their narrative.

So sure, Aaron Rodgers has probably rubbed some people the wrong way, as has most everyone in their life. However, he has also made a positive impact on a lot of people as well. So I guess depending on your individual filter and perception of things, you may see/feel things a lot different than someone else does.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Please find any post by me, were I havent been (critically) “objective” about my thoughts on Rodgers ???

Some of you just Seem to have your heads so far up Rodgers behind, that its difficult to tell where Rodgers end and you begin ... :rolleyes:
You are slanted when it comes to Rodgers.

If a hint of negativity shows up on him, 80 percent of the time you will comment on it.

You aren't objective

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
If it didn't bother you and it didn't bother Jeff Janis.....then just how important is it for people to bring it up as a strike against Rodgers???

This seems to boil down to the sensitivity of an individual. I don't doubt Greg Jennings feels hurt. However, his feelings are based on his perception as well as his individual filter that he uses to process all of this. His experience with #12 seems to be the exception more than the rule and I personally pass it off as a disgruntled ex with a microphone and an audience trying to stretch nothing into something.

The Janis situation is a perfect example of how perception and filters work. Until Jeff Janis recently spoke his mind, some wanted to say he was hurt and humiliated by the way Rodgers treated him. Is that how Jeff really feels or is that how people who interpret the situation want him to feel? He put his feelings out there, yet some can't except that, because it doesn't fit their narrative.

So sure, Aaron Rodgers has probably rubbed some people the wrong way, as has most everyone in their life. However, he has also made a positive impact on a lot of people as well. So I guess depending on your individual filter and perception of things, you may see/feel things a lot different than someone else does.

From most other players these traits wouldnt be that Big of a concern, however ... it becomes a problem when its a “leader” (or one that is supposed to be a Leader) ... These critique points are not new, and have been brought up ad nauseam since 2011/12 and were also questions at The draft in 2005 ...

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score

If a hint of negativity shows up on him, 80 percent of the time you will comment on it.

You aren't objective

Lol ... and you or The others are ??? If that is your definition of being “objective”, then NO ONE are on these boards ...

And for The record, you Can find several posts from me about Rodgers that are not negative though ...

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You aren't objective
It's strange how we hardly see him comment on anything else except when it comes to topics regarding Rodgers in a negative light.