Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with Love, I just wanted to see him actually play like he deserved the love he was getting from fans. As I said, his turnaround is unprecedented, I've literally never seen nor heard of a QB turning around their game as quickly as Love has turned his around. It's been shocking and I've loved every moment of it (are we trying to pun Love's name as much as possible or not?).
Oh wait....it was you. :roflmao:

Love is just so, so, SO bad at throwing the deep ball (typing this after he horribly underthrew a WIDE OPEN Watson that would have been a TD with an average deep ball passer). Tyreek Hill would be absolutely wasted with Love at QB.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I had you confused with one of the posters who continually criticized the Love draft pick ;)

Let's face it. All those Packer fans that HATED and questioned that pick in 2020 are starting to look over their shoulders to see if their plate of crow is being served up.

I still think the draft pick was terrible. I have nothing against Love, the player, I am 100% opposed to drafting a player in the first round who will do nothing to help a Super Bowl contending team on the field. You cannot convince me that having Tee Higgins or Pittman on the field against the Bucs/49ers wouldn't have been the difference in the Packers getting to the Super Bowl. That being said, I'm really happy that the 2020 draft hasn't turned out to be a total **** show.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh wait....it was you. :roflmao:

You should read what I just said above. I think the draft pick being used on a guy that would do nothing to help a Super Bowl contending team was the height of stupidity. That has zero to do with my thoughts on Love as the player. If Love goes on to be a multiple-MVP and lead the packers to multiple Super Bowls? Then I'll change my mind.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You should read what I just said above. I think the draft pick being used on a guy that would do nothing to help a Super Bowl contending team was the height of stupidity. That has zero to do with my thoughts on Love as the player. If Love goes on to be a multiple-MVP and lead the packers to multiple Super Bowls? Then I'll change my mind.
I bet you were one of those guys that hated it when Thompson drafted Rodgers too. There was a whole slew of fans that hated the Rodgers pick.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I had you confused with one of the posters who continually criticized the Love draft pick ;)

Let's face it. All those Packer fans that HATED and questioned that pick in 2020 are starting to look over their shoulders to see if their plate of crow is being served up.
Yes, it was someone else.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think the draft pick was terrible. I have nothing against Love, the player, I am 100% opposed to drafting a player in the first round who will do nothing to help a Super Bowl contending team on the field. You cannot convince me that having Tee Higgins or Pittman on the field against the Bucs/49ers wouldn't have been the difference in the Packers getting to the Super Bowl. That being said, I'm really happy that the 2020 draft hasn't turned out to be a total **** show.
And yet Love is doing better with a bunch of raw WRs, 3 2nd rounders, a third rounder, 2 5th rounders, a 7th and 2 rookie FAs. And Rodgers had a first, 2 2nds, several thirds and a UDFA to throw too. And one of those 2nds was arguably the best WR in the NFL.

At what point does it dawn on people that Rodgers was well past his prime and probably not able to lead this team to a SB. As a matter of fact, the only way it was going to happen was to build a great defense which we tried to do. And he refused to be a team leader. I dont miss watching him casually sitting on his butt or standing off by himself while defense was out there. Meanwhile the opposing QB is going over formations using a tablet with coaches and receivers. Now in NY he is walking around with a headset, working with the QB, talking to receivers . . . He was emotionally divested from the Packers and it was time to move on for the sake of the Packers.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Being one of those posters, I have not changed my mind. I did not and still do not like the 2020 draft. Now I am smart enough to know that I will never be able to win this debate since we will never know what players and what if any impact they would have had on the team had Gute drafted for the present. My opinion was and probably will remain that the team was so close in their playoff losses to TB & SF that a player or 2 could have been the difference between victory and defeat. On the other hand Love, Dillon and Deguara have the chance to prove Gute right and take the Packers all the way to the promised land. If they (hopefully do) I will get my salt and ketchup ready. Until then you can keep my crow in the freezer as I don't plan on heating it up anytime soon.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet you were one of those guys that hated it when Thompson drafted Rodgers too. There was a whole slew of fans that hated the Rodgers pick.

Nope, Rodgers was legitimately in the running to be the #1 pick in the draft and slid right into the Packer's lap. Plus, Favre had a LOT more offseason drama about retiring for a couple seasons before the Rodgers pick was made.

Reaction score
Actually rewatched the condensed game tonight.
SEVERAL things jumped off the page

1st was how strong Kraft is. He absolutely steamrolled a KC DB that rolled backwards 3 yards.

2nd was a blatant arm bar hold on #91 Preston Smith. So much so Preston through his other glove hand up to make the Ref aware. But instead of a 10 yard O holding? They were awarded with a nice 13 yard gain and 1st down. The correct call was 2nd and 18 from the KC 28. This was not critical, but that drive ended in a 3 point FG partly to do with a +23 yard net favor by the Refs

Reaction score
This second missed called for blatant holding and that directly affected the play resulted in 6 points.

Here it was 3rd and 18 and KC made the line to gain for a 1st down. However as #94 Karl brooks attempted to break away once he saw Mahomes buckle down to run? His man grabbed the front of his shoulder pads and yanked him back at the neck area (reverse horse collar)

That Karl by himself in the middle and he was about to affect a stop but literally got yanked almost off his feet by his shoulder pads.

This play should’ve created a
3rd and 28 from the KC 28. Instead it went for a gashing 18 yard play and 1st down in GB territory. That drive resulted in 6 points and 90% likely it was a punt to us on the next play had the Refs not taken bribes or fell asleep.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now OL wrestle all the time. However these were blatant and noticeable to the casual fan. Our Guys getting what I’d call “egregiously held” or similar to our Pass Interference on MVS. I didn’t count the 2 times Kenny got literally tackled by his helmet because those guys spar you could argue Kenny lost his balance as his head was pulled down with an arm bar.

It’s very possible that those two missed called result in 2 KC punts instead of 9 points. I’ll give KC the 2nd and 18 out of respect for Mahomes and the way they rushed for like 9 yards up the middle. However no way do I allow KC a conversion on 3rd n 28. One could argue it’s a 6 points Xmas gift from the Ref.

Not to even mention that Matt was arguing with Pony tail Ref for stopping the clock when forward progress was CLEARLY stopped IN BOUNDS. That means with :23 seconds rolling KC had to rush to the line because of ZERO timeouts. No way does Pat throw a ball short of the Endzone when when the game clock is under :10 sec by end of that next MVS play. It would be instant death not hitting the paint there. The MVS play never happens if Pony Tail doesn’t gift KC Timeouts = 4 Timeouts already, they needed it just to look relevant. They got slapped around by the Packers. I realize they don’t want a blow out for the viewer, but gifting FREE timeouts is going a bit too far.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with Love, I just wanted to see him actually play like he deserved the love he was getting from fans. As I said, his turnaround is unprecedented, I've literally never seen nor heard of a QB turning around their game as quickly as Love has turned his around. It's been shocking and I've loved every moment of it (are we trying to pun Love's name as much as possible or not?).
Apologies but folks that never saw some of the signs of a solid QB through the losses, through the terribly young team and bad OL early just wasn’t watching the same QB IMO.

For sure has less issues now than early but this dude was slinging some special **** from week 1 at times.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The team had 2 diff gm's
2 diff head coaches
3 Def coaches??? Maybe 2? Since last SB win

What makes you really think one player changes that? There have been many diff players came and went that didn't help get to the SB

Many more reasons why they missed the SB..not just one player

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apologies but folks that never saw some of the signs of a solid QB through the losses, through the terribly young team and bad OL early just wasn’t watching the same QB IMO.

For sure has less issues now than early but this dude was slinging some special **** from week 1 at times.
Level of analysis you can expect from some:

Did we win? No? Then Love sucks. MLF is the worst play caller in history. Gute must be fired.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So you want to use "selective thinking" to talk about the Love pick?

1. "It was a bad pick, because it did nothing to help the Packers until 2023."

2. "However, if Love becomes a multiple MVP, SB winner, then I want to reserve the right to change my mind."

Your mind was already made up when the pick was made and for years after that. Changing your mind years later to "Turns out it was a really good pick", might make you feel better about yourself, but is nothing more than that. Meaning, Gute and the Packers didn't have the ability to wait to decide if Love was a good or a bad pick, they had to act on their hunch.

I strongly disagree with you that picking a QB that many had as a potential top 10 pick and in the situation the Packers found themselves in, was "the height of stupidity." I think Love is proving that now.

Again for like the millionth time, this whole "had they picked THIS player, instead of Love, they win the SB" is such a poor argument. Especially, given Rodgers and young receivers lack of chemistry over the years.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you want to use "selective thinking" to talk about the Love pick?

1. "It was a bad pick, because it did nothing to help the Packers until 2023."

2. "However, if Love becomes a multiple MVP, SB winner, then I want to reserve the right to change my mind."

Your mind was already made up when the pick was made and for years after that. Changing your mind years later to "Turns out it was a really good pick", might make you feel better about yourself, but is nothing more than that. Meaning, Gute and the Packers didn't have the ability to wait to decide if Love was a good or a bad pick, they had to act on their hunch.

I strongly disagree with you that picking a QB that many had as a potential top 10 pick and in the situation the Packers found themselves in, was "the height of stupidity." I think Love is proving that now.

Again for like the millionth time, this whole "had they picked THIS player, instead of Love, they win the SB" is such a poor argument. Especially, given Rodgers and young receivers lack of chemistry over the years.

Yes, my mind was made up about drafting a player that couldn't help the Packers win a Super Bowl during their Super Bowl winner. I don't see the issue there. As for "had they picked X player" then they might have won the Super Bowl is a great argument if you actually look at the losses the Packers suffered in the playoffs. I'm not rehashing them now, suffice it to say that having more than ONE weapon in the passing game might have been helpful (see the Chiefs, Bucs, Eagles, Bengals).

You seem to have a problem with someone leaving open the possibility of changing their mind? That one threw me for a loop. Do you believe that, after receiving new information, a person should NOT change their mind?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, my mind was made up about drafting a player that couldn't help the Packers win a Super Bowl during their Super Bowl winner. I don't see the issue there. As for "had they picked X player" then they might have won the Super Bowl is a great argument if you actually look at the losses the Packers suffered in the playoffs. I'm not rehashing them now, suffice it to say that having more than ONE weapon in the passing game might have been helpful (see the Chiefs, Bucs, Eagles, Bengals).

You seem to have a problem with someone leaving open the possibility of changing their mind? That one threw me for a loop. Do you believe that, after receiving new information, a person should NOT change their mind?

Rodgers wanted Lazard in NY so bad they paid them $44M there is your "one other weapon"....lol I say that only partly tongue n cheek. It is vastly more rare that a team wins a super bowl with a sucky defense than not...so I'd be more inclined to believe that say what if instead of Love we drafted Patrick Queen...or a stud CB to pair...

Oh well, ZERO way of knowing or discussing such a hypothetical as no actual support can prove a claim right or wrong.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers wanted Lazard in NY so bad they paid them $44M there is your "one other weapon"....lol I say that only partly tongue n cheek. It is vastly more rare that a team wins a super bowl with a sucky defense than not...so I'd be more inclined to believe that say what if instead of Love we drafted Patrick Queen...or a stud CB to pair...

Oh well, ZERO way of knowing or discussing such a hypothetical as no actual support can prove a claim right or wrong.
And the draft pick argument shouldnt continue

Reaction score
I thought of that team too. However, I think they just finally got healthy and hit a groove. We have seen definitive development with the young guys on both sides of the ball with this 2023 team.
Also we’ve got guys stepping into the spotlight that weren’t getting much quality involvement. The 2 immediately come to mind are Kraft and that kid … what’s his name? from you know that place…
What the heck am I even talking about I don’t know anyone’s names anymore.
I’m seeing guys doing backwards flips and Lambeau leaps and on the field that I can’t even identify what position they play! But let me tell ya they’re bordering on special!
Ive pretty much given up and now I just look forward to learning the new Roster each week.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts