What Happened in Green Bay - Bleacher Report

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol ... and you or The others are ??? If that is your definition of being “objective”, then NO ONE are on these boards ...

And for The record, you Can find several posts from me about Rodgers that are not negative though ...

Fast scan..

1st three pages you commented on.

99 percent have negative titles to rodgers.

There are 2 wo Rodgers in title.. But looking at some of those posts, you bring Rodgers into the convo.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Fast scan..

1st three pages you commented on.

99 percent have negative titles to rodgers.

There are 2 wo Rodgers in title.. But looking at some of those posts, you bring Rodgers into the convo.
Damn @Quientus . Do you need some aloe vera for that burn? LTF beat me to it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
From most other players these traits wouldnt be that Big of a concern, however ... it becomes a problem when its a “leader” (or one that is supposed to be a Leader) ... These critique points are not new, and have been brought up ad nauseam since 2011/12 and were also questions at The draft in 2005 ...

I think you are under your own assumption that these "critique points" are completely factual in the negative way that you and a few others would like to spin them. One can also spin these traits as a sign of a great leader.

And for The record, you Can find several posts from me about Rodgers that are not negative though ...

Just out of curiosity, what percentage of your posts here have absolutely nothing to do with Aaron Rodgers? Seems you have an alarm that goes off anytime the negative Nancy's parade out to discuss him.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rodgers isn't/wasn't his coach.
Really? Veterans are often ******* younger guys to help them improve. Now apparently you take much offense to it than Janis did.
He says he never took it as person.
He says Arron knows what it takes to be great and wants to win. Period
He says deep down he knew his intentions were good.
He says he knew Rodgers did it to help him succeed

There is a huge different between being ******* a younger player - this seems true of most veteran leaders - and being a jerk and almost irrational in your displeasure like the article stated.

Would we rather have Rodgers who is ******* guys trying to help them get better or a guy who didnt care about the development of players and only cared about himself. I am sure Rodgers could say things in a nicer way but a few fans sure seem a lot more hurt by Rodgers comments than Janis does.

I actually dont disagree with you or jennings that Rodgers seems overly sensitive but you asked a while back why Jennings is considered public enemy number 1 for his comments when others have said similar things. I would say that is simple. Others said it once and often also spoke complimentary of Rodgers. Jennings has been beating the same drum for a few years. He literally wont stop talking about it. At that point it moves from being an insightful comment to feeling like a vendetta.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I think you are under your own assumption that these "critique points" are completely factual in the negative way that you and a few others would like to spin them. One can also spin these traits as a sign of a great leader.

Just out of curiosity, what percentage of your posts here have absolutely nothing to do with Aaron Rodgers? Seems you have an alarm that goes off anytime the negative Nancy's parade out to discuss him.

There are plenty of articles about Rodgers leadership qualities (or lack thereof ...) on The web ...

Yes, its true I’m not a Big fan of Rodgers, - however, just because I’m not enamoured with him doesnt make my points invalid, AS some here Think ...

Found an older piece:

http://allgbp.com/2013/01/23/why-is-aaron-rodgers-leadership-constantly-under-fire/

And one more recent:

https://lombardiave.com/2019/01/16/green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-leadership-2/amp/

The funny thing is, that some here Will “cry” that its written on hearsay and that The authors “hold a grudge against Rodgers”, without really Reading ... If anything one only needs to watch The Packers games to see that (alot) of The points being made arent “caught out of The Blue ...”

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Colin brought Greg on in which he gave Greg the floor to respond. So according to Greg in regards to the Carlos Rogers thing, he's made several attempts to reach out to Rodgers years later in which Rodgers avoided him completely. Now granted I understand why Rodgers avoided him, but if someone was asking to speak with me and where we could talk things out, I would've at least hear him out. And go from there. The part I find hard to believe is when he went and said that when he revealed the whole thing regarding Carlos Rogers and whatnot, it was the first time his wife and family heard about it. I call bs, especially considering what his sister tweeted that year.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it didn't bother you and it didn't bother Jeff Janis.....then just how important is it for people to bring it up as a strike against Rodgers???

This seems to boil down to the sensitivity of an individual. I don't doubt Greg Jennings feels hurt. However, his feelings are based on his perception as well as his individual filter that he uses to process all of this. His experience with #12 seems to be the exception more than the rule and I personally pass it off as a disgruntled ex with a microphone and an audience trying to stretch nothing into something.

The Janis situation is a perfect example of how perception and filters work. Until Jeff Janis recently spoke his mind, some wanted to say he was hurt and humiliated by the way Rodgers treated him. Is that how Jeff really feels or is that how people who interpret the situation want him to feel? He put his feelings out there, yet some can't except that, because it doesn't fit their narrative.

So sure, Aaron Rodgers has probably rubbed some people the wrong way, as has most everyone in their life. However, he has also made a positive impact on a lot of people as well. So I guess depending on your individual filter and perception of things, you may see/feel things a lot different than someone else does.
i guess this is in reference to my rodgers-locker-presser anecdote. it's just a tidbit to add context to the janis-was-dogged reference in the article. i saw the clip on the Packers' web site. it's probably archived there. it was a public shot...just as the game-plan comments, after the buffalo game, were public. rodgers now wishes he hadn't made those public game comments. can rodgers be an @$$#oLe? the rodgers-is-infallible crowd isn't going to like it but the answer is yes.

Last edited:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i guess this is in reference to my rodgers-locker-presser anecdote. it's just a tidbit to add context to the janis-was-dogged reference in the article. i saw the clip on the Packers' web site. it's probably archived there. it was a public shot...just as the game-plan comments, after the buffalo game, were public. rodgers now wishes he hadn't made those public game comments. can rodgers be an @$$#oLe? the rodgers-is-infallible crowd isn't going to like it but the answer is yes.

Has anyone said Rodgers can't be a kerk sometimes? That is different than saying he is a jerk as a person though.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Colin brought Greg on in which he gave Greg the floor to respond. So according to Greg in regards to the Carlos Rogers thing, he's made several attempts to reach out to Rodgers years later in which Rodgers avoided him completely. Now granted I understand why Rodgers avoided him, but if someone was asking to speak with me and where we could talk things out, I would've at least hear him out. And go from there. The part I find hard to believe is when he went and said that when he revealed the whole thing regarding Carlos Rogers and whatnot, it was the first time his wife and family heard about it. I call bs, especially considering what his sister tweeted that year.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

If I were Rodgers I'd avoid Jennings like the plague....I wouldn't trust him not to take anything I said out-of-context, twist it, or simply outright lie about in order to fabricate another story.

He's burned his bridges on the way out of Titletown....

Lareten

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder where Jennings would be today without Rodgers, both during his playing career and after it.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder where Jennings would be today without Rodgers, both during his playing career and after it.

His stat lines after the Packers and Rodgers tell me we would all be left with the question of wondering... "who?"

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
huh? because dunne didn't associate names with the unnamed players, coaches, and front office people he referenced.
between the 3 of them the thompson/mccarthy/rodgers dysfunction gave us 6-9-1 last year. that's as bad as i'd ever want to see it.
Dunne spent four years on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel covering the Packers. I don't doubt that he met some contacts during that time. I heard him on the radio saying that some of his sources didn't want to be named.

I don't find much of the article difficult to believe, but I also think that the media is over-sensationalizing the story by a wide margin. There seems to be a train of thought among some commentators that "If only Aaron Rodgers was a nicer guy, he would have more than one Super Bowl ring". I don't buy that, the poor defenses the Packers fielded had much more of an effect, I'm sure. And right now I'm much more concerned about Rodgers' health going forward than his attitude.

Did you see what that ***** Cowherd did today? He ran one of his quizzes, which asked "What QB has the best career passer rating?". I thought damn, he's actually going to give Rodgers some credit for a change (which he used to do, but not lately). So the answer came up, "Aaron Rodgers". But that was followed by another caption, which said "I bet he wishes he had Tom Brady's six Super Bowl rings instead". What a frigging *****. No other QB has six rings either, it's not just Rodgers.

D

Deleted member 6794

I posted many things proven to be right. But that's okay..

You want us to believe that but actually it's not true at all.

On Greg Jennings and the Packers Hall of Fame; I 100% believe he should be inducted into the Packers Hall of Fame at some point. He is in the Top 12 best WR's ever to play for the Packers and when I go to the Hall of Fame I expect to see the elite of elite in Packers history and I believe Greg is that.

Jennings is ninth in receptions, eighth in yards and sixth in touchdowns in Packers history. With only six receivers in the team's HOF and the game having developed into a pass-happy league I don't feel the need to induct him, especially after the way he has acted since leaving.

janis said rodgers was "******* him."
i remember one press gang-bang at rodgers' locker when he was asked about janis' progress. rodgers said he's "still catching with his body." he smirked, the reporters laughed. no other comments.

Geez, there's a huge difference between being ******* a young player or ******* him as suggested in the article. Janis made it abundantly clear that he was fine with Rodgers' handling of him.

nothing about it bothered me. just backed up janis' comment that rodgers was ******* him. humiliating him in public. ******* doesn't seem to be that far off the mark. i'm no janis fanboy. never thought he was anything more than a bottom of the roster, ST's guy.

I'm sorry but Rodgers telling the media that Janis is still catching the ball with his body isn't anywhere close to being humiliating.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Jennings is ninth in receptions, eighth in yards and sixth in touchdowns in Packers history. With only six receivers in the team's HOF and the game having developed into a pass-happy league I don't feel the need to induct him, especially after the way he has acted since leaving.

Geez, there's a huge difference between being ******* a young player or ******* him as suggested in the article. Janis made it abundantly clear that he was fine with Rodgers' handling of him.

I'm sorry but Rodgers telling the media that Janis is still catching the ball with his body isn't anywhere close to being humiliating.
I don't like Greg Jennings as a person, and don't base my feelings on induction into the PHOF based on whether I like him personally.

I think he is no doubt one of the best WR's ever to play for the Packers and based on that he should be in. Robert Brooks is in the PHOF. Robert Brooks was a very good WR, I would rate Jennings above Brooks on my best ever Packers WR's list. The fact I like Robert better as a person doesn't change my feelings on this.

You don't want Greg in the PHOF. Great. He will be in at some point.

Reaction score

I agree with every point you just made. I also don't feel Jennings deserves to be in the Packers HoF. Not at all actually.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thank you. And you are entitled to yours.

What I was getting at, and perhaps I am a bit harsh in my approach, is that peoples personal opinions of a persons character shouldn't come into play on whether they are deserving of a honor for their play on the field.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
huge? not in my mind.

sure...if you chose to ignore the smirk and the laughter that followed.

D

Deleted member 6794

sure...if you chose to ignore the smirk and the laughter that followed.

Once again I ask to provide evidence for that knowing well you won't be able to.

It's no surprise most posters consider you anti-Rodgers. As I've mentioned before if Janis was able to deal with it there's no reason for a fan to get worked up about it.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again I ask to provide evidence for that knowing well you won't be able to.

It's no surprise most posters consider you anti-Rodgers. As I've mentioned before if Janis was able to deal with it there's no reason for a fan to get worked up about it.
once again (lol), i'm not anti-rodgers. i'm anti-rodgers-issues that are within him to control. i'm also not a liar. as for the clip i referenced, that was posted on Packers.com, it's in their archives (if they keep daily training-camp-locker-press-gang-bangs that long. it's got to be 2-3 years old). maybe you should visit their site more often.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts