What Happened in Green Bay - Bleacher Report

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Oh boy! Wait until the media runs with a comment that Aaron made at a press conference today! Now he is calling people fat! The horror! :rolleyes::whistling::cool:

Aaron Rodgers has said RBs Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams returned in great shape. He said he used to tease Jones that "he's the most athletic, fat dude with a bit of a belly ... But he looks pretty lean."

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Aaron sporting a quality stache at the presser today. Gotta love it!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh boy! Wait until the media runs with a comment that Aaron made at a press conference today! Now he is calling people fat! The horror! :rolleyes::whistling::cool:

Aaron Rodgers has said RBs Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams returned in great shape. He said he used to tease Jones that "he's the most athletic, fat dude with a bit of a belly ... But he looks pretty lean."
imagine what he called lacy.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone rememberr an article by Dunne that didn't border on character assassination? He and McGinn...birds of a feather.

Tom Pellisario disputes Dunne's account.

Dunne's a self-promoting D-bag. He's a wannabe Skip Baseless. Take his hearsay with a grain or two.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An interesting quote from Devante today.

"I think that it's been pretty uniform as far as how we feel about him -- a great leader. All the negative things I've heard, I share none of those feelings with those guys. So, nobody reached out to me. Nobody reached out to James Jones. Nobody reached out to Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, any of these guys that obviously had a good relationship with him. I think if those people were interviewed about him, then the story would have been a lot different."

Why these people weren't asked is I find highly questionable.

Lareten

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"I think that it's been pretty uniform as far as how we feel about him -- a great leader. All the negative things I've heard, I share none of those feelings with those guys. So, nobody reached out to me. Nobody reached out to James Jones. Nobody reached out to Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, any of these guys that obviously had a good relationship with him. I think if those people were interviewed about him, then the story would have been a lot different."

When's the last time anyone heard anything from Tyler Dunne? Regardless how bad he looks as a sports writer after this, he's still gotten 100 times more publicity than he has for years.

Amazing how much publicity & credibility you get from people for lying.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, clearly it's a very one sided argument. I don't doubt that the article represents a view that some people have, but I'm sure there are other people who hold a different view.

Jason Whitlock, of all people, had a pretty good quote the other day, it's actually an old saying: "There are three sides to every story". There's one person's side, and the other side, and then there's the truth, which generally lies somewhere in the middle.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, clearly it's a very one sided argument. I don't doubt that the article represents a view that some people have, but I'm sure there are other people who hold a different view.

Jason Whitlock, of all people, had a pretty good quote the other day, it's actually an old saying: "There are three sides to every story". There's one person's side, and the other side, and then there's the truth, which generally lies somewhere in the middle.
Whitlock did surprise me on what he said regarding the whole thing, as he can relate to Rodgers being misunderstood and as a result there's this misconception of him, when it's not necessarily true. I was more surprised that Marcellus sided with Arodg. If only Shannon wasn't so hooked into what Bayless was telling him about Arodg.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whitlock did surprise me on what he said regarding the whole thing, as he can relate to Rodgers being misunderstood and as a result there's this misconception of him, when it's not necessarily true. I was more surprised that Marcellus sided with Arodg. If only Shannon wasn't so hooked into what Bayless was telling him about Arodg.
I actually usually find Whitlock to be pretty level headed. But I was surprised and disappointed that Shannon Sharpe bought into the anti-Rodgers stuff so heavily. Normally he plays the pro Rodgers guy to Bayless' hate mongering, but not here.

Mind you, I'm sure Rodgers has a big ego and rubs some people the wrong way. I just don't really care that much about his personality as long as he plays quarterback well. Maybe he's not the leader Tom Brady is, but Brady has all kinds of other advantages, with Belichick as coach. I'd love to see how many rings Rodgers would have if we had the same defenses New England has had over the same period of time. Maybe not six, but I'm sure it would be more than one.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is going something that brings this team together. It's not exactly the same thing but kind of like Tiki Barber and the rest media ******* on Eli Manning in the 2007 offseason. Rodgers has taken way more cheap criticism than Eli did back then. The best players on this team seem to be in full support of AR, and honestly this is the most together I've seen this team in a long time (maybe ever). They may not have the talent to go all the way this year, but the togetherness of the team seems to be here from an outsider Packer nerd.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I think the answer is pretty obvious. People like Adams, Jones, Nelson, Cobb and many other current or former teammates of Rodgers, weren't asked by Dunne because they would not fit the narrative that he was spinning. Only way Dunne can attempt to create a shock and awe story is by digging up the same old small handful of guys that have been saying the same thing over and over and sprinkling in "unnamed sources".

My unnamed source, who I was walking on a leash earlier, told me what he thinks and I had to scoop that up in a plastic bag.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers wants to be coached as long as he respects his superior. He was super disappointed when Clements and Van Pelt left. Thank goodness VP is back.
Agreed. MOST people quit on their boss, not on their job.

D

Deleted member 6794

once again (lol), i'm not anti-rodgers. i'm anti-rodgers-issues that are within him to control. i'm also not a liar. as for the clip i referenced, that was posted on Packers.com, it's in their archives (if they keep daily training-camp-locker-press-gang-bangs that long. it's got to be 2-3 years old). maybe you should visit their site more often.

I spend way too much time on the Packers website than I should but have never come across a video in which Rodgers humiliated Janis.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I ask THE obvious question here?

In '06 or so Brett was on record as saying "It's not my job to get him (Rodgers) ready" and now we're hearing Rodgers say 'It's not my job to get them (rookies) ready to play'. We NEVER heard about Brett having players benched, only in the last 3-4 years (That I know of) did we hear about Brett being a Diva...yet we've heard about Aaron being Mr. Pouty **** for YEARS already!

These guys are acting alike yet Aaron gets a pass from this forum and Brett gets crucified...why?

Last edited:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In '06 or so Brett was on record as saying "It's not my job to get him (Rodgers) ready" and now we're hearing Rodgers say 'It's not my job to get them (rookies) ready to play'. We NEVER heard about Brett having players benched, only in the last 3-4 years (That I know of) did we hear about Brett being a Diva...yet we've heard about Aaron being Mr. Pouty **** for YEARS already!

These guys are acting alike yet Aaron gets a pass from this forum and Brett gets crucified...why?
everyone called BF a diva at the time.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe people think that its rather diva like to have your own dressing room (just what I've heard for the record) like Favre apparently did. Also I understand Favre saying it's not his job, that's what he felt but it really isn't Rodgers job to get WR's and other position players ready. That's why there are so many different coaches. You know and I know that Rodgers has never gotten a pass and never will get a pass. That is laughable.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also I understand Favre saying it's not his job, that's what he felt but it really isn't Rodgers job to get WR's and other position players ready. That's why there are so many different coaches. You know and I know that Rodgers has never gotten a pass and never will get a pass. That is laughable.
I don't think there's anything wrong with what Favre said. He just could have said it a little more diplomatically, and maybe he wouldn't have caught so much flak over it. The coaches are there, and besides that, the rookie/backup should take the initiative to absorb as much as he can (which Rodgers did).

Members online

Latest posts