What do you REALLY think Rodgers would garner in a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. If Rodgers was playing for another team, I would have zero interest in the guy off the field, zero. However, what he thinks, says and does, as an employee of The Green Bay Packers and how it influences the team, that is of interest to me. I have have discussed the good and the bad, after all this is a Packer Forum.

Often the uneducated are offended by the educated. They haven't studied both sides of a topic to really understand it and even worse, they don't like that someone has done that work and disagrees with them. In the case of Rodgers, I have waffled back and forth on how I feel about the guy and his influence on the Packers. It has been a mixed bag of good and bad.
Well said

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well said
Thanks. This world needs more conversation, about good and bad things. When people get offended by others talking about a topic, simply because they disagree with their opinions, I would label them as being closeminded. As you put it, "not a lot of fun to be around at a party." A lazy mindset will keep someone from moving forward, we see it all the time in politics, sports and everyday life. My Dad used to say "If it aint broke, don't fix it". What he didn't realize half the time, was that it actually was broke, he just couldn't see it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
again, it has nothing to do with disagreeing opinions, education or being lazy or open/closed minded.
You come in here with your BS about needing conversation when one only has to go back to the Covid stuff to see you're about anything but mocking anybody that thinks differently than you. Then you make your twit witted typical passive aggressive digs and quick act like you're on some higher ground LOL. You confuse conditioning with education. which makes sense, news programming and sports programming are "education" now LOL

I couldn't care less what any of you think about Rodgers. I made a comment about how much you dislike it all, and you can't wait for the soap opera as you called it, to be over. I didn't say that stuff you did.
I didn't say stop having an opinion of Rodgers. I didn't say stop talking about Rodgers. Talk about what his decision means, talk about what it doesn't mean. Talk about trades, draft picks, wins losses, 4 day blackouts, I don't care. Talk away. But if you're gonna come in here complaining about how much it bothers you and how much you can't wait for it all to end, don't get pissy when you get called out on it and try making it about something else.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is a 3 index. For some inexplicable reason he wound up playing to a 10 course hcp. Maybe his doing? Maybe not, but nobody else got that big of an adjustment (course handicaps tend to adjust LESS the lower your index is). 7 strokes would be a HUGE adjustment even for a high handicap golfer on a very very very difficult course. If Rodgers is a legit 3 index it was a cakewalk for him to win given 10 strokes a day.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is a 3 index. For some inexplicable reason he wound up playing to a 10 course hcp. Maybe his doing? Maybe not, but nobody else got that big of an adjustment (course handicaps tend to adjust LESS the lower your index is). 7 strokes would be a HUGE adjustment even for a high handicap golfer on a very very very difficult course. If Rodgers is a legit 3 index it was a cakewalk for him to win given 10 strokes a day.

He turned in to the coordinators all the required documents for calculations like other amateurs. So it was either absolutely calculated accurately or corrupt grading.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@AKCheese

Couldn't locate the clip so if you pull this up, Pat immediately at 1:18 mark after welcoming him straight up asks about the handicap and he starts his reply at 1:50

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea what goes into a handicap in golf, other than I feel like any 4-some i play with in a scramble has a large one, Me.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a joke. Ffs you must be fun at parties

Okay I'm sick of this attitude.

someone presented a statement as if fact > folks state nothing was presented that backs the statement?? > you follow it up with another statement or claim of fact to support your initial claim > again folks merely disagree and say that isn't how it works...

This whole time zero laugh emoji...zero "lol"....or indication that you truly didn't think what you were claiming was actually what you thought. Forgive me if I'll take statements as their presented in typed form.

D

Deleted member 6794

So the question was that or only two 1sts. I assume given the answer you'd say no and want the two firsts instead.

To unpack this in general (no longer response to you specifically)

Roughly speaking...the two firsts gives you two top 32 picks in two drafts for sure.

The other option provides you two for sure top 64 (possibly as high as two top 40), Two Top 96 (possibly as high as roughly two top 75) and an additional 5th rounder plus a young DL.

I was just curious of the thought exercise and personally I see quite close. I don't believe in the exercise there is a for sure better answer really.

You're right, I would definitely prefer to receive some first rounders instead of more picks later in the draft. Especially considering Gutekunst's track record in the third round.

Agreed. If Rodgers was playing for another team, I would have zero interest in the guy off the field, zero. However, what he thinks, says and does, as an employee of The Green Bay Packers and how it influences the team, that is of interest to me. I have have discussed the good and the bad, after all this is a Packer Forum.

Nothing Rodgers says on the Pat McAfee show has any influence on the team though. Actually most of the things said by anyone employed by the Packers in the media doesn't effect the team in any way.

Thanks. This world needs more conversation, about good and bad things. When people get offended by others talking about a topic, simply because they disagree with their opinions, I would label them as being closeminded. As you put it, "not a lot of fun to be around at a party." A lazy mindset will keep someone from moving forward, we see it all the time in politics, sports and everyday life. My Dad used to say "If it aint broke, don't fix it". What he didn't realize half the time, was that it actually was broke, he just couldn't see it.

I'm absolutely fine with having a discussion about all things Packers related. The problem is that most posters around here spin whatever Rodgers says in a way on how it negatively effects the team while there's absolutely no truth to it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm absolutely fine with having a discussion about all things Packers related. The problem is that most posters around here spin whatever Rodgers says in a way on how it negatively effects the team while there's absolutely no truth to it.
Were going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

If you don't think what Rodgers says on and off the field effects the team, then you are either looking at things inside of a small bubble and/or expecting Packer fans and the Packers organization to do the same. Like it or not, the guy is the face of the team and what he says and does, can have both negative and positive effects.

Reaction score
I'm also fine post Rodgers. I don't think he's as done as some, but I also don't think it's smart to hang on anymore if he is open to playing elsewhere and someone wants to give us a decent value for him either. I'm not going to think we're doomed if he comes back either. I think he's still really good.
In fairness I have no idea which your original post your comments were thrown at, but I’m just bored, so I thought I’d chime in :)

It’s really not an easy choice with OR without #12. Let’s be real, anyone who just carelessly dismisses what he brings to the game likely has an axe to grind.

I offered this simple logic several years ago and sorta got ridiculed.
I said if he’s wise in the long term and doesn’t want the controversy AND truly wants to go all the way to a Super Bowl, he’ll negotiate and slightly compromise. He’d take a longer term deal with high guaranteed, but at a more league average, yearly number.

Everyone chases the mega contract, but slow and steady wins the race.
Not only do those commitment, relative team friendly deals affect the teams monetary capital, that concept also changes the draft approach. No way does the team draft a QB using a Day 1 and 4th Rounder as one example. Rodgers and his agent is just as much responsible for the squeeze of team resources and the teams direction in the draft.

We blame our FO for looking for alternatives at QB, yet the QB affects that decision by far more than any other player. Everybody wants their cake and wants to eat it too, including the QB. The current dilemma was partly caused by an aggressive deal because our QB would not relent. The BEST deal is where BOTH parties win.Ask Z Smith

Mahomes deal was the smartest one I’ve seen in a long time. He’ll make far less than #12 in real time value year to year and far less headaches for all parties. Mark my words, Patrick will demolish Rodgers total income career wise and his contract gets better with age for the team. He’ll have less stress, make more money and Win more games when said and done. I wouldn’t doubt at all if Patrick flirts with $1,000,000,000 in his career just as a player. I promise you Patrick won’t need any “darkness retreat time” anytime soon! Ridiculousness I chuckled when I heard that! :laugh:

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
"Hello darkness my old friend, I'll decide if and where I'm playing again" ~Aaron Rodgers

So will Aaron see his own shadow or that of the infamous "Hat Man", when he emerges out of his 4 days of darkness and isolation?

Reaction score
"Hello darkness my old friend, I'll decide if and where I'm playing again" ~Aaron Rodgers

So will Aaron see his own shadow or that of the infamous "Hat Man", when he emerges out of his 4 days of darkness and isolation?

Is that really Him?!

It looks like Freddy Krueger crossed with Zorro crossed with a young Black Bear

Reaction score
I’ve got lyrics for a new Song called Darkness Retreat

“It’s Dark in
So Dark in here
So dark in Ah! Oh!

“It’s gettin’ Dark in here..
so take off all your clothes Ay!
I’m gettin’ so so Dark
I’m gonna take my clothes off !“

(All the while Gyrating Like I’m not really a White boy in darkness)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@AKCheese

Couldn't locate the clip so if you pull this up, Pat immediately at 1:18 mark after welcoming him straight up asks about the handicap and he starts his reply at 1:50

Yup, he’s inoculated
Actually saw Rodgers BS explanation that his pro carried him down the last 9 holes. His pro in fact played the last 9 in one under par on the way to -26 so …. Do the math. “ hey ummmm I said I was inoculated and the press just started reporting I was vaccinated so… I just kina let it slide” => “yeah I’m a 3 but they put me down for 10 so - I just kina went with it, and hey I shot 89 a week before so…” Your handicap index is your best 8 scores out of your last 20. Somebody juices my hcp by 7 strokes I’ll laugh all the way to the bank.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Were going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

If you don't think what Rodgers says on and off the field effects the team, then you are either looking at things inside of a small bubble and/or expecting Packer fans and the Packers organization to do the same. Like it or not, the guy is the face of the team and what he says and does, can have both negative and positive effects.

You need to realize that most of the stuff Rodgers or any other player says to the media doesn't have any effect on the Packers. Trust me, they couldn't care less if he talks about his ability to win another MVP award, spending four days in a dark room or whatever fans get worked up because of. There are some tidbits here and there that catch my attention (Rodgers mentioning receivers need to step up etc.) but mostly there's nothing of any importance in those interviews.

I agree that his conversations with teammates on the field is important but you don't have any idea what they're talking about the majority of the time.

Mahomes deal was the smartest one I’ve seen in a long time. He’ll make far less than #12 in real time value year to year and far less headaches for all parties. Mark my words, Patrick will demolish Rodgers total income career wise and his contract gets better with age for the team.

Mahomes is set to count $46.8 million towards the Chiefs cap next season. This year his cap hit was higher than the one of Rodgers as well. I'm not sure how you come up with your conclusion when comparing those deals but Mahomes is definitely not making less money than Rodgers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You need to realize that most of the stuff Rodgers or any other player says to the media doesn't have any effect on the Packers. Trust me, they couldn't care less if he talks about his ability to win another MVP award, spending four days in a dark room or whatever fans get worked up because of.
So when you say "The Packers", are you only thinking about the players? Or are you taking into consideration the entire organization, including its fans? Asking for a friend.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, he’s inoculated
Actually saw Rodgers BS explanation that his pro carried him down the last 9 holes. His pro in fact played the last 9 in one under par on the way to -26 so …. Do the math. “ hey ummmm I said I was inoculated and the press just started reporting I was vaccinated so… I just kina let it slide” => “yeah I’m a 3 but they put me down for 10 so - I just kina went with it, and hey I shot 89 a week before so…” Your handicap index is your best 8 scores out of your last 20. Somebody juices my hcp by 7 strokes I’ll laugh all the way to the bank.
He's a 3 on his home course in Wisconsin. He's a 10 at Pebble Beach. You shouldn't be surprised he had to have someone carry him the last 25% of the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts