What do you REALLY think Rodgers would garner in a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sense you must communicate with some insane and ignorant Packer fans outside this forum, as this seems vastly more crazy than anything here I’ve ever seen.
I don't think I made my point very clear, as you clearly think I meant something else?

It's been said in this thread right here that the things he's said affect his trade value. I say baloney, his age is affecting his trade value regardless of what he says or does, it's all about his age. He has 2 years past the point where it realistically can be done at any moment. Teams don't care he went to Peru vs a guy like Lacy who couldn't stop boozing all season long. They care that he's very close to the end, but know he can still play and are deciding if it's worth or not. They know who he is, they don't care if he needs 4 nights in the dark to decide.

Teams care about the serious stuff. was that the insane part? Rodgers has done nothing remotely close to that in his time here, was the the ignorant part?

He has been an employee for 2 decades, you don't think they know him? was that part crazy?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They cared so much about his mind altering drug they gave him 150 million dollars. So no, I don't think they cared a whole lot. Would they have given him 200 million if he didn’t?

They have guys with actual drug problems to worry about. I bet they don’t think for 2 seconds about Rodgers having a drug problem.

Of course the team cares what he says and does, he's an employee. But this wasn't about that. I It was about how much of an impact it has and Captain made a comment about it impacting some fans far more. and I'd agree. can't say i've seen much evidence though the team has actually cared too much about what has been said.

Where's the PR campaign for all the damage Rodgers has done? while it was never the point that an employer doesn't care at all what an employee does, I think it's pretty evident they cared so little about it's impact they didn't even address it. They didn't do anything when he said he was immunized. They have put forth zero PR campaign to calm all the fan fueled fires about his latest 4 days of darkness. that pretty much shows just how much they "care" about what was said.

Contrast to what the fans say. Who do you think is affected more?

why is it overboard to say that? Those are the things that keep teams up at night. Toss in real drug abuse, gambling, addiction issues. people who can't take of their bodies take their focus and yes, players who end up getting drunk and killing people or beating their women. That's what front offices care about. not Pat's show.
Again

No one is saying it stops teams from wanting him to be their qb . Stop trying to twist this all around

And to compare what Rodgers has said or is doing , is no where near manslaughter. That’s YOU trying to great some sort of agenda here and it’s bs

stop doing that

D

Deleted member 6794

LOL....right, nothing Rodgers or any other player says to the media matters to the organization. No bearing whatsoever on its product, it's value or its reputation. Not even to mention, at this point, the value of Rodgers himself in a trade.
You like to "guarantee" a lot of things, based on your opinion. If you really think a business doesn't keep an eye on and care about what their employees say publicly, especially the face of the business, you need to take off the green and gold shades. Even the mighty Packer organization isn't immunized against what the fans and media think about them and their players.

You completely misunderstood my point. Of course the Packers are aware of what Rodgers and every other player tells the media. But, other than a lot of fans, they don't put any stock into most of his comments.

Like I mentioned before there are tidbits sometimes that catch their attention as well (like receivers need to step up their game) but mostly they don't care about him talking about his ability to win another MVP, wanting to spend four days in a dark room etc.

Rodgers talking to his buddies on the Pat McAfee show definitely doesn't have any effect on his trade value either.

Just in the last 3 years the Packers organization has had to react to Rodgers spin on immunized VS vaccinated. His desire to be involved in decision making, whether he wants to play for the Packers, retire or be traded.

The Packers knew about all of that before it became public. It had no negative effect on the team in any way, therefore it's once again only a part of the fan base getting worked up about it.

Sorry capt dismissing the actual words which leave a players mouth as zero value just doesn’t pass the smell test. Perhaps VERY little value and perhaps a lot depending…but zero nah.

Once again, I'm not saying players talking to the media has zero importance. Most topics Rodgers discusses with McAfee have absolutely no value though.

If they aren't listening, then they aren't doing their job. Amazing that people would even suggest that the Front Office of the Green Bay Packers are not staying in tune with Rodgers and other players off the field. Characters of players is very important to the team and if all they did to assess a current or potential players character is only by what they see on the field, they aren't doing their job very well. Imagine guaranteeing a guy $101.5 million, that you have no idea or care what he has done or said off the field.

The Packers fully guaranteeing Rodgers more than $100 million at the age of 38 should tell you everything you need to know what they truly think about him.

They don't value him any less because of anything he says on the McAfee show and neither should you.

D

Deleted member 6794

Actually, Aaron Jones talking to the Around the NFL podcast was much more interesting than anything Rodgers has said on the Pat McAfee show over the past few weeks.

Among those tidbits were that the Packers want him back, hinting at his contract being restructured. In addition he mentioned that Love would be ready to take over if he ends up being the starter in 2023 as well as calling Rodgers one of the great locker room guys.

Obviously most fans will ignore the last statement as they're still furious about Rodgers not mentioning winning the Super Bowl when talking about his future some weeks back :rolleyes:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again

No one is saying it stops teams from wanting him to be their qb . Stop trying to twist this all around

And to compare what Rodgers has said or is doing , is no where near manslaughter. That’s YOU trying to great some sort of agenda here and it’s bs

stop doing that
I absolutely am not. Don't even start. I said THOSE are the things teams have to answer for and then said as plain as day, Rodgers has never done anything remotely close to any of those. and when you misinterpreted it the first time I said very plainly the 2nd time.

So I guess the point everyone keeps bringing all this stuff up about Rodgers and how every one is listening and it is affecting how this team and other teams view him is just to remind us all that people can hear what other people say? Ok, thanks for the heads up.

I actually thought the reason they keep bringing up the so obvious I can't believe anybody thought it was important enough to say repeatedly in connection with negative spins was to say it was having a meaningful impact on the situation. Then when someone pointed out it seems to affect the fans, but doesn't seem to affect the team and they went out of their way to disagree with them, I really thought that was their point.

Forgive me, I've been terribly wrong.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I couldn't care less what any of you think about Rodgers. I made a comment about how much you dislike it all, and you can't wait for the soap opera as you called it, to be over.
If you don’t care about what others think of Rodgers, then why are we debating this whole what the team, fans and pr dept thinks?

Some here don’t care what he says. Some think he is stupid, some think he is an idiot, some think he can do no wrong, some think he can do and say what ever, as long as he isn’t doing illegal things

For my last statement, Packers do care what he says..Doesnt mean it affects his contract or trade possibilities, just they care.

And maybe the fans put more stock in what he is doing, or saying. But no one can say how the team truly sees it all. The one or 2 that I believe have insider knowledge that post or lurk here haven't said a word. We may never know how the team feels.

I'm done

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
When has Rodgers ever said anything untowards the Packers' organization? I can't recall anything unless folks think him saying his teammates have to step it up is. He usually is very complimentary towards the team and the fans when he is in front of a microphone.
His whole 2021 training camp press conference was him airing out his displeasure with the team and how they handled things. Granted not recent but wasnt a glowing endorsement

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you don’t care about what others think of Rodgers, then why are we debating this whole what the team, fans and pr dept thinks?

Some here don’t care what he says. Some think he is stupid, some think he is an idiot, some think he can do no wrong, some think he can do and say what ever, as long as he isn’t doing illegal things

For my last statement, Packers do care what he says..Doesnt mean it affects his contract or trade possibilities, just they care.

And maybe the fans put more stock in what he is doing, or saying. But no one can say how the team truly sees it all. The one or 2 that I believe have insider knowledge that post or lurk here haven't said a word. We may never know how the team feels.

I'm done
you can go back and read exactly why I commented. I said it plain as day when once again had to defend something against stuff that was never never even part of the discussion. Most responses in this thread were bringing things back to what was said.
again, it has nothing to do with disagreeing opinions, education or being lazy or open/closed minded.
You come in here with your BS about needing conversation when one only has to go back to the Covid stuff to see you're about anything but mocking anybody that thinks differently than you. Then you make your twit witted typical passive aggressive digs and quick act like you're on some higher ground LOL. You confuse conditioning with education. which makes sense, news programming and sports programming are "education" now LOL

I couldn't care less what any of you think about Rodgers. I made a comment about how much you dislike it all, and you can't wait for the soap opera as you called it, to be over. I didn't say that stuff you did.
I didn't say stop having an opinion of Rodgers. I didn't say stop talking about Rodgers. Talk about what his decision means, talk about what it doesn't mean. Talk about trades, draft picks, wins losses, 4 day blackouts, I don't care. Talk away. But if you're gonna come in here complaining about how much it bothers you and how much you can't wait for it all to end, don't get pissy when you get called out on it and try making it about something else.

I'm absolutely fine with having a discussion about all things Packers related. The problem is that most posters around here spin whatever Rodgers says in a way on how it negatively effects the team while there's absolutely no truth to it.
Were going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

If you don't think what Rodgers says on and off the field effects the team, then you are either looking at things inside of a small bubble and/or expecting Packer fans and the Packers organization to do the same. Like it or not, the guy is the face of the team and what he says and does, can have both negative and positive effects.
I know you're done, but what is that supposed to mean? I'd say when someone says "spin whatever Rodgers says in a way on how it negatively effects the team while there is absolutely no truth to it" and then someone goes out of their way to say they disagree, I interpret that as they do believe it's negatively affecting the team.

But you're right. I've spent way too much time and energy on a pretty pointless exchange.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
you can go back and read exactly why I commented. I said it plain as day when once again had to defend something against stuff that was never never even part of the discussion. Most responses in this thread were bringing things back to what was said.

I know you're done, but what is that supposed to mean? I'd say when someone says "spin whatever Rodgers says in a way on how it negatively effects the team while there is absolutely no truth to it" and then someone goes out of their way to say they disagree, I interpret that as they do believe it's negatively affecting the team.

But you're right. I've spent way too much time and energy on a pretty pointless exchange.
Done, because we have diff opinions and we won't change each other's mind. Sometimes debates as this should just stop after a while

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You completely misunderstood my point. Of course the Packers are aware of what Rodgers and every other player tells the media. But, other than a lot of fans, they don't put any stock into most of his comments.
Nice walk back from:

Nothing Rodgers says on the Pat McAfee show has any influence on the team though. Actually most of the things said by anyone employed by the Packers in the media doesn't effect the team in any way.

Rodgers is a very talented QB and it is obvious that some fans are willing to look the other way and put up with his...odd personality and the paces that he has put the team and its fans through in the last 3 off seasons. I find it funny that 2021 has already been forgiven and forgotten by some. That was the offseason where nobody, including the Packer organization knew what Rodgers was going to do until the end of July. Mark Murphy shared with fans that Ted Thompson often referred to Rodgers as a "complicated fella." That about sums it up.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm absolutely fine with having a discussion about all things Packers related. The problem is that most posters around here spin whatever Rodgers says in a way on how it negatively effects the team while there's absolutely no truth to it.
I have to ask Captain. If you don't like the negative discussions about Rodgers, then why do you feel the need to jump into them and put your spin on it? Most of us know your feelings on Rodgers. However, some of the things that he says and does bothers many of us, as well as the media and fans, why does that make you so uneasy?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whar Rodgers says or doesn't say is quite unimportant. What matters is whether the Packers can put a contending team around him with his massive salary? I doubt it. Therefore, keeping Rodgers around will keep repeating these futile seasons and thwart Love's potential progression to a starting caliber qb. I say trade him for whatever they can get. Hanging on to him for another season will just diminish whatever trade value he has left.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, Aaron Jones talking to the Around the NFL podcast was much more interesting than anything Rodgers has said on the Pat McAfee show over the past few weeks.

Among those tidbits were that the Packers want him back, hinting at his contract being restructured. In addition he mentioned that Love would be ready to take over if he ends up being the starter in 2023 as well as calling Rodgers one of the great locker room guys.

Obviously most fans will ignore the last statement as they're still furious about Rodgers not mentioning winning the Super Bowl when talking about his future some weeks back :rolleyes:

Actually I’ve not heard he is a bad thing for the locker room from the majority of guys. It is typically the guys not on the team that hint at possible double standards is all.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whar Rodgers says or doesn't say is quite unimportant. What matters is whether the Packers can put a contending team around him with his massive salary? I doubt it. Therefore, keeping Rodgers around will keep repeating these futile seasons and thwart Love's potential progression to a starting caliber qb. I say trade him for whatever they can get. Hanging on to him for another season will just diminish whatever trade value he has left.

Precisely, last year we had the ability or so we thought to have a top ten defense and enough pieces if things clicked to run it back…I think that day has passed now and time has come to retire or move on

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bingo

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And if they do have issues they aren’t airing those items now or at least not publically.
This point can't be emphasized enough. Some interpret that when the Packer organization is not saying anything publicly about something, that it is completely ignoring it or that the public silence means that they are ok with it. That isn't how any business operates, nor should it. I am guessing that they are putting fires out all the time, fires that fans may never hear about, because the Packers handled them internally.

What is so funny/hypocritical about Rodgers is that he likes to regurgitate an ex presidents line, "fake news" and then just like that guy, he just keeps fanning the flames and stirring the pot. For a guy that has made 100's of millions off an industry that owes most of its success to the media and fans, he sure has a funny way of showing his appreciation of it all. He seems more interested in looking like the smartest guy in the room.

This thread was started by tynimiller almost a year ago to discuss what the Packers might get in a trade for Rodgers. I hate to agree with a Chicago writer, but I strongly believe that his value has gone down quite a bit in the last year, driven by both his on and off field performances.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Internally they cared so much they gave him 150 million more dollars lol

Despite zero evidence to the contrary, the claims will still be made and some pretty good evidence they haven’t cared all that much, some will continue to say the opposite.

And he’s going to be 40 for the season. That has affected his trade value.

It’s no more complicated then that.

Reaction score
I don't think I made my point very clear, as you clearly think I meant something else?

It's been said in this thread right here that the things he's said affect his trade value. I say baloney, his age is affecting his trade value regardless of what he says or does, it's all about his age. He has 2 years past the point where it realistically can be done at any moment. Teams don't care he went to Peru vs a guy like Lacy who couldn't stop boozing all season long. They care that he's very close to the end, but know he can still play and are deciding if it's worth or not. They know who he is, they don't care if he needs 4 nights in the dark to decide.

Teams care about the serious stuff. was that the insane part? Rodgers has done nothing remotely close to that in his time here, was the the ignorant part?

He has been an employee for 2 decades, you don't think they know him? was that part crazy?
I agree that Aaron Rodgers future likely doesn’t hinge on some retreat. If anything, time alone can give us clarity, although the source of that clarity is where it can get almost comical levels and I’m likely in clear opposition to his methodology. But only his opinion should be respected right!
I personally wish people chased the light half as much as they try to hide from the light! But men still love the darkness today! How much more symbolic can you get.

The irony for me personally is this.
It’s ok in our society to ridicule people of the light… but we can’t offend those who chase darkness!
I’m beginning to sound like Moses because it’s so obvious to me. But this whole business is just silliness and I’m not the only one to see it. His own talk show host and His friend AJ Hawk were just freaked out! I laugh every time I think of this retreat it’s the craziest thing I’ve seen since the Jim Jones crusades :roflmao:

Last edited:

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
NFL and the Cardinals should be fined a hefty amount for that lousy field, and the commercials have not been that good

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If people cant see the difference between Maholmes and Brady vs our Arrogant, eye-rolling, finger pointing #12 - lets hope a trade partner somewhere doesnt either

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers is a very talented QB and it is obvious that some fans are willing to look the other way and put up with his...odd personality and the paces that he has put the team and its fans through in the last 3 off seasons. I find it funny that 2021 has already been forgiven and forgotten by some. That was the offseason where nobody, including the Packer organization knew what Rodgers was going to do until the end of July. Mark Murphy shared with fans that Ted Thompson often referred to Rodgers as a "complicated fella." That about sums it up.

There's no reason to look the other way as Rodgers hasn't said anything that either hurt his trade value or the Packers organization by any means. In addition there's no need to hold any grudge against him for what happened in the 2021 offseason. He ended up missing a voluntary minicamp, that's all. But came back to perform at an MVP level during the season. It's actually sad fans still get worked up about it.

I have to ask Captain. If you don't like the negative discussions about Rodgers, then why do you feel the need to jump into them and put your spin on it? Most of us know your feelings on Rodgers. However, some of the things that he says and does bothers many of us, as well as the media and fans, why does that make you so uneasy?

Wait a moment, do you honestly question why I comment on a Packers related topic on a team's forum? Everybody knows how you feel about Rodgers as well so why don't you stop spinning everything he says to the media in a negative way.

Just for the record, it definitely doesn't make me uneasy in any way.

Actually I’ve not heard he is a bad thing for the locker room from the majority of guys. It is typically the guys not on the team that hint at possible double standards is all.

Well, why put any stock into the players who are currently on the team with Rodgers when you can listen to Jennings, Finley or some other talking heads who have absolutely no clue what is going on in the locker room :rolleyes:

This thread was started by tynimiller almost a year ago to discuss what the Packers might get in a trade for Rodgers. I hate to agree with a Chicago writer, but I strongly believe that his value has gone down quite a bit in the last year, driven by both his on and off field performances.

I strongly advocate to not put too much stock into the take of a Bears beat writer for such a renowned website like Sports Mockery, which is mostly based on Mike Sando talking to an unanimous source.

I agree Rodgers trade value has declined over the past year, mostly because he's a year older and didn't perform at an MVP level in 2022. That should hardly come as a surprise to anyone. His off field performance (whatever that's supposed to mean) hasn't had any effect on his value though.

If people cant see the difference between Maholmes and Brady vs our Arrogant, eye-rolling, finger pointing #12 - lets hope a trade partner somewhere doesnt either

If people don't see the difference between the supporting cast Mahomes had to work with this year compared to Rodgers there's no point in talking to them anyway.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, why put any stock into the players who are currently on the team with Rodgers when you can listen to Jennings, Finley or some other talking heads who have absolutely no clue what is going on in the locker room :rolleyes:

It would be ignorant to ignore it or adhere to it. Collectively is all that matters. It's okay to have just a hint of critical thought towards #12 Capt. It doesn't mean you think he sucks or is a terrible person or someone we are better without LOL

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There's no reason to look the other way as Rodgers hasn't said anything that either hurt his trade value or the Packers organization by any means. In addition there's no need to hold any grudge against him for what happened in the 2021 offseason.
Definitely an opinion that I would guess that you are in the minority on.

Status
Not open for further replies.