What do you REALLY think Rodgers would garner in a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
That's me. But others? It was more directed at the people that come here to tell us how sick of it they are, yet tune in weekly and consume about every obscure news article, meme, tweet, etc and then again tell us how sick of it they are.
Well to be fair. If we don’t listen to all things Packer, we shouldn’t be able to form a closer to accurate opinion. So there’s that.

Vince Lombardi used to be ultra critical and even screamed at his players. Was he hateful? Maybe some interpreted it that way I’m almost sure if it. Right up until he elevated them to a Champion player.

So here’s one possible answer. If someone is critical about #12 and they vocalize it and still follow him? That’s just possibly the most true fan of all. I’ve heard others in here say that and there is some truth. I had somehow misinterpreted their simple passion for greatness as hatred for the team. It just comes out as frustration in ill remarks, but I’ve come to realize their frustration is a bi product of high expectations and love for the sport. but just like you said.. why would they follow someone they disliked? Maybe they don’t dislike the player but they dislike the approach of said player and just hoping he’ll change his zebra stripes

Either that or they just hate him on a putrid level :eek:

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well to be fair. If we don’t listen to all things Packer, we shouldn’t be able to form a closer to accurate opinion. So there’s that.

Vince Lombardi used to be ultra critical and even screamed at his players. Was he hateful? Maybe some interpreted it that way I’m almost sure if it. Right up until he elevated them to a Champion player.

So here’s one possible answer. If someone is critical about #12 and they vocalize it and still follow him? That’s just possibly the most true fan of all. I’ve heard others in here say that and there is some truth. I had somehow misinterpreted their simple passion for greatness as hatred for the team. It just comes out as frustration in ill remarks, but I’ve come to realize their frustration is a bi product of high expectations and love for the sport. but just like you said.. why would they follow someone they disliked? Maybe they don’t dislike the player but they dislike the approach of said player and just hoping he’ll change his zebra stripes

Either that or they just hate him on a putrid level :eek:
First, Baloney. as if anyone can consume all things packers or it's even necessary.
2nd, Vince never kept people around he couldn't wait to be done with. Being critical is one thing, can't wait for your self indulged soap opera that you can just turn off to be done with is another
3rd You completely missed the point.

Reaction score
First, Baloney. as if anyone can consume all things packers or it's even necessary.
2nd, Vince never kept people around he couldn't wait to be done with. Being critical is one thing, can't wait for your self indulged soap opera that you can just turn off to be done with is another
3rd You completely missed the point.
So you just elaborated and told me how wrong I was on something I never said. Then attempted to negate me offering my own personal experience on the matter.
Only to say it didn’t matter because it didn’t follow your point?

That’s about the oddest thing I’ve heard in this year. Normally those defensive replies only equate to one thing. And it’s not a noble quality. You never wanted a response you just wanted to whine, which is fine like 80% of Packer fans disagree with you on Rodgers so it’s probable warranted whining. :laugh:

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if Raiders struggle to release their #7 overall pick and offer this offer below....OR would you rather take #7 overall and their unknown 1st rounder 2024. To me this is very tight hypothetical IMO

Raiders get:
Aaron Rodgers
Our last 2023 7th Rounder

Packers get:
2023 2nd Rounder #38
2023 3rd Rounder #70
2023 5th Round Comp Pick #174
2024 2nd Rounder
2024 3rd Rounder
Matthew Butler DL (rookie from Tennessee drafted in 2022)
At this point we’ll be lucky to get HALF that imo. The more Rodgers opens his mouth the lower his value goes.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you just elaborated and told me how wrong I was on something I never said. Then attempted to negate me offering my own personal experience on the matter.
Only to say it didn’t matter because it didn’t follow your point?

That’s about the oddest thing I’ve heard in this year. Normally those defensive replies only equate to one thing. And it’s not a noble quality. You never wanted a response you just wanted to whine, which is fine like 80% of Packer fans disagree with you on Rodgers so it’s probable warranted whining. :laugh:
Ahh, OK.

I did negate your post as it pertained to mine as you had absolutely nothing to do with what I said. But if you'd like to equate Vince being critical to those whining about soap operas but turning it on daily to watch anyway, OK LOL

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point we’ll be lucky to get HALF that imo. The more Rodgers opens his mouth the lower his value goes.

What did he say that would lower it? Pump the brakes lol! You’re holding waaay too much stock into what this looney tune says. He wants to sit in the dark for a few days by all means, go nuts. We’ll find out when this goofball comes back and then things will get rolling.

Reaction score
Ahh, OK.

I did negate your post as it pertained to mine as you had absolutely nothing to do with what I said. But if you'd like to equate Vince being critical to those whining about soap operas but turning it on daily to watch anyway, OK LOL
It’s kinda hard not to follow the Packers and not get involved with interviews and such with Rodgers.
All I was saying is theres a symbiotic relationship between stories of Rodgers and the news of the team.

For me personally I’m ok with a post Rodgers era. It’s coming regardless if we like it or not. I don’t agree with being demeaning towards the guy though either. He’s still a Packer and he’s been fun to watch.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s kinda hard not to follow the Packers and not get involved with interviews and such with Rodgers.
All I was saying is theres a symbiotic relationship between stories of Rodgers and the news of the team.

For me personally I’m ok with a post Rodgers era. It’s coming regardless if we like it or not. I don’t agree with being demeaning towards the guy though either. He’s still a Packer and he’s been fun to watch.
It's not really. I know what's going on and I don't watch everything. Regardless, it's one thing to talk about it. He said this, it might mean that. He didn't give much info so nothing has changed, he talked about disconnecting for 4 days, whatever. Talk away. It's another to dislike it, talk about disliking his persona, talk about tiring of his talking, tiring of the "drama" and then watch every week and then talk about how you want it all to end. Just turn it off. we're all going to find out what happens when it happens anyway :)

I'm also fine post Rodgers. I don't think he's as done as some, but I also don't think it's smart to hang on anymore if he is open to playing elsewhere and someone wants to give us a decent value for him either. I'm not going to think we're doomed if he comes back either. I think he's still really good.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I see your logic, each situation was quite a bit different, than what teams are looking at in a trade for Rodgers. Mainly, age (years left of playing), salary and assets to acquire.

-TB didn't have to give up anything (besides salary), to go with a proven Tom Brady.

-The Rams were trading for a 32 year old QB, that was actually a very good QB, on a very bad team. The move not only resurrected Stafford's career, but proved that the Rams were just a QB away from winning a SB.

- The Broncos also traded for a much younger Wilson (33). The move so far appeared to be a bad one. But I would give it another year and new coaching.
Hard to believe that Stafford is that young. It seems like he has been around forever. I was referring to Peyton, not Wilson.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW Rodger’s pro is one over for 3 days but as a team they’re 26 under? WHHHAAATTTT? Rodgers is a 3 in Wis (look it up) But he’s playing off a 10hcp at Pebble Beach? I mean give me 7 extra strokes every day three days straight? It’s almost impossible NOT to win. If only playoff games were handicap events

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What if Raiders struggle to release their #7 overall pick and offer this offer below....OR would you rather take #7 overall and their unknown 1st rounder 2024. To me this is very tight hypothetical IMO

Raiders get:
Aaron Rodgers

Packers get:
2023 2nd Rounder #38
2023 3rd Rounder #70
2024 2nd Rounder
2024 3rd Rounder
No question in my mind, much rather take the #7 and unknown 1st rounder in 2024. I think Gute could do a lot of "damage" with that #7 pick, it alone would easily net what you are talking about the Packers getting in 2023, plus some.

#7 Pick: 1500 points
#38: 520
#70: 240
#173: 20

That #7 Pick could easily be traded with WTF for their #16 and #47

D

Deleted member 6794

Raiders get:
Aaron Rodgers

Packers get:
2023 2nd Rounder #38
2023 3rd Rounder #70
2024 2nd Rounder
2024 3rd Rounder

I would definitely dislike that trade, the Packers need to get at least one first rounder in return for Rodgers.

Hard to believe that Stafford is that young. It seems like he has been around forever. I was referring to Peyton, not Wilson.

For the record, Stafford is currently 35 years old.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW Rodger’s pro is one over for 3 days but as a team they’re 26 under? WHHHAAATTTT? Rodgers is a 3 in Wis (look it up) But he’s playing off a 10hcp at Pebble Beach? I mean give me 7 extra strokes every day three days straight? It’s almost impossible NOT to win. If only playoff games were handicap events
Hahahahaha!!!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Understanding how golf handicaps work would help you not sound silly.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would definitely dislike that trade, the Packers need to get at least one first rounder in return for Rodgers.

So the question was that or only two 1sts. I assume given the answer you'd say no and want the two firsts instead.

To unpack this in general (no longer response to you specifically)

Roughly speaking...the two firsts gives you two top 32 picks in two drafts for sure.

The other option provides you two for sure top 64 (possibly as high as two top 40), Two Top 96 (possibly as high as roughly two top 75) and an additional 5th rounder plus a young DL.

I was just curious of the thought exercise and personally I see quite close. I don't believe in the exercise there is a for sure better answer really.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOL.....I'd research how handicaps and such are not just calculated per event but also research the pro/am.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another party pooper

LOL not at all and I didn't really take his post as a joke or funny - it was an attempt at a legit mocking of Rodgers (he gives enough actual ammo for this - no need to make one up) at the Pro-Am is all. I actually get it, but the way that all is calculated is crucial to the understanding of it all.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL not at all and I didn't really take his post as a joke or funny - it was an attempt at a legit mocking of Rodgers (he gives enough actual ammo for this - no need to make one up) at the Pro-Am is all. I actually get it, but the way that all is calculated is crucial to the understanding of it all.
I hear ya buddy

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So here’s one possible answer. If someone is critical about #12 and they vocalize it and still follow him? That’s just possibly the most true fan of all. I’ve heard others in here say that and there is some truth.
Agreed. If Rodgers was playing for another team, I would have zero interest in the guy off the field, zero. However, what he thinks, says and does, as an employee of The Green Bay Packers and how it influences the team, that is of interest to me. I have have discussed the good and the bad, after all this is a Packer Forum.

Often the uneducated are offended by the educated. They haven't studied both sides of a topic to really understand it and even worse, they don't like that someone has done that work and disagrees with them. In the case of Rodgers, I have waffled back and forth on how I feel about the guy and his influence on the Packers. It has been a mixed bag of good and bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.