What do you REALLY think Rodgers would garner in a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
as a fan, I can tell you, Rodgers doesn't have any impact on my life other than my enjoyment or lack of when the Packers win and lose.
I would’ve said the exact same thing. Until I wrote (plagiarized) a song called Darkness Retreat. I woke up in the dark last night with those lyrics playing in my head. It was the same melody as “it’s getting Hot in here” except replace “Dark” everywhere “hot” was. Backup Singers and All!

Do you think he’s allowed to drink black coffee while in the dark? Would we even know if coffee was served black or with cream if it’s pitch black in the room? It’s the only way I could do that sorta thing :coffee:

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would’ve said the exact same thing. Until I wrote (plagiarized) a song called Darkness Retreat. I woke up in the dark last night with those lyrics playing in my head. It was the same melody as “it’s getting Hot in here” except replace “Dark” everywhere “hot” was. Backup Singers and All!

Do you think he’s allowed to drink black coffee while in the dark? Would we even know if coffee was served black or with cream if it’s pitch black in the room? It’s the only way I could do that sorta thing :coffee:
I’m a wuss, I can’t drink coffee without a small shot of heavy cream to smooth it out. A bit of honey and I’m set

Reaction score
I’m a wuss, I can’t drink coffee without a small shot of heavy cream to smooth it out. A bit of honey and I’m set
Amen.
I myself have to cut the bitterness.
I like Dark Roast but most are bitter. I’ve found a trick (if you use coffee grinds) is to sprinkle some salt on the coffee before brewing. It really works in cutting the bitter. Obviously most creamers have that salt/sugars that have that same effect.

I hope this retreat doesn’t lower his trade value. I hope he’s not smoking anything in the dark as he might go total nuts! :eek:
Sounds like there’s another positive. At least there’s no Dark Side of the Moon playing. That’s what we used to do.. delics n dark side :tup:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amen.
I myself have to cut the bitterness.
I like Dark Roast but most are bitter. I’ve found a trick (if you use coffee grinds) is to sprinkle some salt on the coffee before brewing. It really works in cutting the bitter. Obviously most creamers have that salt/sugars that have that same effect.

I hope this retreat doesn’t lower his trade value. I hope he’s not smoking anything in the dark as he might go total nuts! :eek:
Sounds like there’s another positive. At least there’s no Dark Side of the Moon playing. That’s what we used to do.. delics n dark side :tup:
Never tried the salt trick. Might have to

I think everyone knows Rodgers is different than your average person. I think he’s incredibly intelligent and thinks, probably too much. He’d probably find life as most of us approach it mind numbingly mundane :) I don’t think he does any of this because he wants to feed an ego or say look at me. I do think he’s challenging a few out there to think past what they think they know sometimes though. I’ve known more than a couple people like that.

But he’s not a bad person, bad teammate, and he’s good. The only thing that’s going to affect trade value is how much longer they think he’ll be good for.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a 3 on his home course in Wisconsin. He's a 10 at Pebble Beach. You shouldn't be surprised he had to have someone carry him the last 25% of the tournament.
Actually his index has nothing to do with his home course. Your index is based on your best 8 scores of your last 20 regardless of where you play them. A 3 index would be a 7 at Pebble Beach (if the amatuers played from the championship tees - which I doubt). Your partner being 1 under on your way to a -26 is hardly being carried - which is my point. A total BS statement from Mr. Iaminocullated

D

Deleted member 6794

So when you say "The Packers", are you only thinking about the players? Or are you taking into consideration the entire organization, including its fans? Asking for a friend.

The fans are the only ones who put any stock into Rodgers talking on the McAfee or any other show. I guarantee no one within the organization cares a whole lot about it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The fans are the only ones who put any stock into Rodgers talking on the McAfee or any other show. I guarantee no one within the organization cares a whole lot about it.
LOL....right, nothing Rodgers or any other player says to the media matters to the organization. No bearing whatsoever on its product, it's value or its reputation. Not even to mention, at this point, the value of Rodgers himself in a trade.

You like to "guarantee" a lot of things, based on your opinion. If you really think a business doesn't keep an eye on and care about what their employees say publicly, especially the face of the business, you need to take off the green and gold shades. Even the mighty Packer organization isn't immunized against what the fans and media think about them and their players.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL....right, nothing Rodgers or any other player says to the media matters to the organization. No bearing whatsoever on its product, it's value or its reputation. Not even to mention, at this point, the value of Rodgers himself in a trade.

You like to "guarantee" a lot of things, based on your opinion. If you really think a business doesn't keep an eye on and care about what their employees say publicly, especially the face of the business, you need to take off the green and gold shades. Even the mighty Packer organization isn't immunized against what the fans and media think about them and their players.
When has Rodgers ever said anything untowards the Packers' organization? I can't recall anything unless folks think him saying his teammates have to step it up is. He usually is very complimentary towards the team and the fans when he is in front of a microphone.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
When has Rodgers ever said anything untowards the Packers' organization? I can't recall anything unless folks think him saying his teammates have to step it up is. He usually is very complimentary towards the team and the fans when he is in front of a microphone.
Again, I will repeat what I said.

Of course Rodgers has been complimentary of the team and its fans, I never said that he wasn't. However, if you are someone that thinks that the organization doesn't pay attention to what is being said and reported on, by and about its players and how that effects the teams PR, then you should contact the Packers PR department and ask them what their role in the organization is.

Just in the last 3 years the Packers organization has had to react to Rodgers spin on immunized VS vaccinated. His desire to be involved in decision making, whether he wants to play for the Packers, retire or be traded. Rodgers has used The Pat McAfee Show as his own personal stage to talk openly about controversial things, as well as his decision making process. Trust me, the Packers are watching and listening, as are other teams.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, you and the rest of the “I want to twist my own ******* in a *** over something” group have reacted to it

Involuntary manslaughter, drunk driving, beating women, etc re things teams have to answer for.

Rodgers has been none of those or even close.

I’m sure the guys that work and talk with Rodgers everyday are watching Pat’s show LOL

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No, you and the rest of the “I want to twist my own ******* in a *** over something” group have reacted to it

Involuntary manslaughter, drunk driving, beating women, etc re things teams have to answer for.

Rodgers has been none of those or even close.

I’m sure the guys that work and talk with Rodgers everyday are watching Pat’s show LOL
The Packers as team does notice what he says. Doesn’t mean anything other than they hear his comments

if you think they don’t listen to what is said then not sure what else to say

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I guarantee it is discussed if something new or not discussed comes out.

But neither of us should state such a guarantee as neither of us actually know, as neither of us are part of behind door meetings.

Sorry capt dismissing the actual words which leave a players mouth as zero value just doesn’t pass the smell test. Perhaps VERY little value and perhaps a lot depending…but zero nah.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers as team does notice what he says. Doesn’t mean anything other than they hear his comments

well unless they're deaf, then yes they hear what he says. How impactful has it been? you don't think they know who and what Aaron Rodgers is as this point? I find it highly unlikely they interpret or feel as many emotions as some fans do when they hear it. The comment was made about whether they hear it or not. It's about how impactful it is. The only thing affecting his trade value right now is, How much longer will he play if he decides to. Not what he's said on Pat's show.

Do you think GB doesn't know Rodgers can retire, be traded or keep playing? Do you think they're lost little puppy dogs hanging on his every word? Or do you think they've been planning for this for at least 3 years now? is it a surprise to them Rodgers might not want to be a part of a rebuild? It's completely unheard of right? a QB going on 40 that knows he only has a season or so left, not 2-5 for a rebuild. The nerve of that guy and there's no way GB would be aware of that?

Might GB want to trade him if he wants to still play? I bet they already know if they do or not.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If they aren't listening, then they aren't doing their job. Amazing that people would even suggest that the Front Office of the Green Bay Packers are not staying in tune with Rodgers and other players off the field. Characters of players is very important to the team and if all they did to assess a current or potential players character is only by what they see on the field, they aren't doing their job very well. Imagine guaranteeing a guy $101.5 million, that you have no idea or care what he has done or said off the field. Given that philosophy, it is now shocking that we didn't snatch up Antonio Brown when he was available. :rolleyes:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, people like to take it in a different direction. 1st, no **** the Packers hear what Rodgers says in the media. The point was, he's done nothing to this point that is really a big deal at all except for fans that like to make everything a big deal. Manslaughter, beating women, drunk driving etc are things teams have to answer for. He's never been any where near that. you disagree? He's been an employee for 2 fricking decades but you're probably right, they didn't want to offer him a contract until after they watched Pat's show. How else would they the know man... LOL
Other than being almost 40, nothing he's done is affecting his trade value either or his value to the team.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, people like to take it in a different direction. 1st, no **** the Packers hear what Rodgers says in the media. The point was, he's done nothing to this point that is really a big deal at all except for fans that like to make everything a big deal. Manslaughter, beating women, drunk driving etc are things teams have to answer for. He's never been any where near that. you disagree? He's been an employee for 2 fricking decades but you're probably right, they didn't want to offer him a contract until after they watched Pat's show. How else would they the know man... LOL
Other than being almost 40, nothing he's done is affecting his trade value either or his value to the team.

I sense you must communicate with some insane and ignorant Packer fans outside this forum, as this seems vastly more crazy than anything here I’ve ever seen.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So all the teams don’t care if he alters his mind by a weird drug?

90% of teams would take him. But don’t say they don’t care what he says or does

And wow overboard on manslaughter and beating women.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm sure they listen to what he says but they aren't wringing their hands over it. They know him better than any of us or the media types do. If they don't have an issue with him I don't either.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure they listen to what he says but they aren't wringing their hands over it. They know him better than any of us or the media types do. If they don't have an issue with him I don't either.

And if they do have issues they aren’t airing those items now or at least not publically.

Reaction score
I guarantee it is discussed if something new or not discussed comes out.

But neither of us should state such a guarantee as neither of us actually know, as neither of us are part of behind door meetings.

Sorry capt dismissing the actual words which leave a players mouth as zero value just doesn’t pass the smell test. Perhaps VERY little value and perhaps a lot depending…but zero nah.
Amen
For thousands and thousands of years humans have been judged by the use of their tongue. “Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks”
It’s the most deadly weapon we have and it can ruin entire lives or conversely can inspire entire lives with a single sentence.
Aaron Rodgers is no exception and he works as hard as anyone to control what rolls off it. It’s ok though, even Elvis was a liar. He once said
-me and Priscilla have come to an agreement that going separate ways was best.
How about she dumped you bro! Lol

A #7 #38 and a future Day 1 if he continues to play.

Or

A #13, #43, #74
Plus future Day 1 and Day 3

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Who said they were? I think the point was the pr dept watches all

Years ago a pr person would be off camera as well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So all the teams don’t care if he alters his mind by a weird drug?

90% of teams would take him. But don’t say they don’t care what he says or does

And wow overboard on manslaughter and beating women.
They cared so much about his mind altering drug they gave him 150 million dollars. So no, I don't think they cared a whole lot. Would they have given him 200 million if he didn’t?

They have guys with actual drug problems to worry about. I bet they don’t think for 2 seconds about Rodgers having a drug problem.

Of course the team cares what he says and does, he's an employee. But this wasn't about that. I It was about how much of an impact it has and Captain made a comment about it impacting some fans far more. and I'd agree. can't say i've seen much evidence though the team has actually cared too much about what has been said.

Where's the PR campaign for all the damage Rodgers has done? while it was never the point that an employer doesn't care at all what an employee does, I think it's pretty evident they cared so little about it's impact they didn't even address it. They didn't do anything when he said he was immunized. They have put forth zero PR campaign to calm all the fan fueled fires about his latest 4 days of darkness. that pretty much shows just how much they "care" about what was said.

Contrast to what the fans say. Who do you think is affected more?

why is it overboard to say that? Those are the things that keep teams up at night. Toss in real drug abuse, gambling, addiction issues. people who can't take of their bodies take their focus and yes, players who end up getting drunk and killing people or beating their women. That's what front offices care about. not Pat's show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts