What bothers me most

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Is not that the Packers lost. Or how bad the D sucked or the dropped balls.

This team looked 100% flat at times without passion.

It was sad to see.

Where was the energy? The team spirit? The hunger?

Was it the same thing that happened to the 14-2 2005 Colts after Tony Dungy's son died?

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I wonder, Jules. Not that they weren't simply out-played, but I do wonder, because it just didn't seem like they wanted it. A good team can overcome a lot of things, but most of the time not that.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it'd be one thing if both teams played well and we still lost. But when we have the tools, and are good enough to beat a team, but we beat ourselves instead, those losses are the worst and most unsatisfying.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I wonder, Jules. Not that they weren't simply out-played, but I do wonder, because it just didn't seem like they wanted it. A good team can overcome a lot of things, but most of the time not that.

I mean I know this team could have been beaten by the Giants regardless. It just felt odd to me. They almost seemed scared of the Giants at times. Flat. Just uninspired.

Maybe I am wrong and they just got beaten.

I just don't feel the heads were all in there though.

I remember how awful I felt when the 2005 Colts amazing season went down the tubes to the Steelers. Many Colts fans still blame the death of James Dungy for sucking the life out of that locker room. I never wanted to use that as an excuse. But, maybe it was? I don't know. I know I felt bad that the Colts were picked on so heavily for choking. I know how much they went through with the death of James Dungy and how much pain they felt due to Tony.

I feel for these Packers. Not just that they lost but that they lost a young man too this week.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is not that the Packers lost. Or how bad the D sucked or the dropped balls.

This team looked 100% flat at times without passion.

It was sad to see.

Where was the energy? The team spirit? The hunger?

Was it the same thing that happened to the 14-2 2005 Colts after Tony Dungy's son died?

Where was any effort to win one for the home team? Why couldnt they atleast try to win one for the fans?

Reaction score
Though I can't stand Troy Aikman or Joe Buck, they did make the observation that the Packers seemed extremely somber last night. No fire or passion one would expect the night before a playoff game. Many of those players went to the funeral. I remember Aaron saying earlier this week that he had never been to a funeral in his life. Mentally that has to take its toll.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Though I can't stand Troy Aikman or Joe Buck, they did make the observation that the Packers seemed extremely somber last night. No fire or passion one would expect the night before a playoff game. Many of those players went to the funeral. I remember Aaron saying earlier this week that he had never been to a funeral in his life. Mentally that has to take its toll.

Gosh I remember hearing that too. I sadly have been to way too many funerals in my life. It takes days sometimes to get over. Puts you in a different frame of mind. You think about things you never did before.
I can't even imagine it being my first a few days before a big game.

Reaction score
I have been to 7 and a couple of them were when somebody died far too young. It's draining mentally. It does make sense that the Packers, much like the Colts, came out flat. It's not a coincidence that they struggled on the offensive end with drops. Dropping the ball means you are not in the game mentally. A couple of times players were running before they had the ball secured.

BillyBoy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are a great team. We'll come back from this, let's be strong guys and gals. Adversity breeds greatness and we will come out on the end of this as a better team and a family, the Packers have shown the power of family over the years and we will be all the better for it...God be with Joe Philbin and his family tonight:)

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I have been to 7 and a couple of them were when somebody died far too young. It's draining mentally. It does make sense that the Packers, much like the Colts, came out flat. It's not a coincidence that they struggled on the offensive end with drops. Dropping the ball means you are not in the game mentally. A couple of times players were running before they had the ball secured.

Much in common which is why I got a bit nervous the last few days. Both QBs of both teams rested at the end of the year. Both teams started 13-0. Both teams had a death. Both teams apparently had their biggest competition in the conference lose the night before. For the Colts it was NE. For the Packers, the Saints.

At least the Packers got beaten soundly though and didnt make a game of it to watch their kicker badly miss going to OT.

And if history repeats itself then the Packers win it all as the third seed of the NFC next year!!!

Reaction score
Much in common which is why I got a bit nervous the last few days. Both QBs of both teams rested at the end of the year. Both teams started 13-0. Both teams had a death. Both teams apparently had their biggest competition in the conference lose the night before. For the Colts it was NE. For the Packers, the Saints.

At least the Packers got beaten soundly though and didnt make a game of it to watch their kicker badly miss going to OT.

And if history repeats itself then the Packers win it all as the third seed of the NFC next year!!!
We can only hope :)

Members online

Latest posts