Week 9: RG3 vs. Cam Newton.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only do they play each other, they are BOTH of my QBs on my team. Newton is projected to have 24pts vs. Griffin's 17 pts. I will agree that Carolina's D is stronger than Washington's, but RG3 has been playing great. If his receivers didn't drop 10+ balls last week he would have looked a hell of a lot better AND maybe would have won the game.

How do you weigh in? RG3 has been doing really great for me since week 2 (I started Cam in week 1, though RG3 had a better day that day too.) I don't want to turn my back to him in fantasy, but I REALLY need to win this game this week.

Also, the 49ers are on a bye week, so I am having to start Mikel LeShoure and Brandon Pettigrew vs the Jags. Let's hope they have big fantasy days but still lose.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Looks like you stand to make some serious points.

Comparing Cam to RG3 is hard. Cam is in his dreaded sophmore slump, whereas RG3 is a rookie.
I say wait till the end of the season and compare RG3's first year stats to cam newtons rookie stats if you want to compare the two. Right now, I don't know what Carolinas overall problem is....they have the tools, it's just not falling into place for them.

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YEah, I am pretty much settled on RG3 this week. I have been every week so far and probably will all season. I think he is a better player, a smarter QB, and a better person and teammate than Cam Newton.

What did Cam Newton do during HIS bye week? He played video games, watched TV, and hung out. Now, I am not saying that you should just work work work during your off week but you should at least do SOMETHING to help out your team's season.

During the off season when there was some voting going on for the new Madden Cover it came down to him and Megatron. Megatron won and Cam released a video and it took like 5 minutes or more to introduce him self. I don't remember the exact order of what he said bit went something like

"This is Cam Newton, AKA Superman, AKA Cammy, AKA #1, AKA R.O.T.Y. , AKA..." that went on for MINUTES. At that point I just knew this guy was a joke...but if he can get me fantasy points then so do it.

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like you stand to make some serious points.

Comparing Cam to RG3 is hard. Cam is in his dreaded sophmore slump, whereas RG3 is a rookie.
I say wait till the end of the season and compare RG3's first year stats to cam newtons rookie stats if you want to compare the two. Right now, I don't know what Carolinas overall problem is....they have the tools, it's just now falling into place for them.

This season, not so hard. Cam is just being lackadaisical and a joke to his team.

Members online

Latest posts