Week 9: Packers in New England

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're talking about two different eras of football.

Go ahead and take a look at Brady's performance against that 2015 Denver defense in the November game where he was playing with a bunch of backups at receiver. He nearly quadrupled Rodgers' yardage total and had 3 TDs to 0 INTs. Took them to OT.
How about his playoff performance against that same Denver team? He threw THREE INTERCEPTIONS, one being on a failed two-point attempt. That's greatness for you.

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about his playoff performance against that same Denver team? He threw THREE INTERCEPTIONS, one being on a failed two-point attempt. That's greatness for you.

He took the team on his back and only lost due to an XP (which is what forced them to go for 2 at the end, as opposed to kicking an XP to tie it.) he had over 300 yards passing that day, with an offense that was so beat up that they could not even run practices throughout the postseason.

77 yards.

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is from a post that I made in July of 2017. I'm not going to go back and update the numbers from the 2018 postseason, but this illustrates my point on Brady v.s. Rodgers even in the postseason.

We all know Rodgers' numbers are superior in the regular season, but the common misconception is that Brady plays better than Rodgers in the postseason. The numbers simply don't tell that story.

This was it:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never wanted to start a whole thread on this, because I just knew it wouldn't be a good idea :roflmao: :D

But I'll just leave this here...

Brady v.s. Rodgers in the postseason:

Completion % -
Rodgers - 63.5
Brady - 62.7

TD to INT ratio -
Rodgers - 3.6 to 1
Brady - 2.03 to 1

Passer Rating -
Rodgers - 99.4
Brady - 89.0

Yards/attempt -
Rodgers - 7.49
Brady - 6.86

Yards/game -
Rodgers - 278.63
Brady - 267.47

Playoff QBR by year since Rodgers became the starter.

2016 - Rodgers (84.2) Brady (78.4)
2015 - Rodgers (73.9) Brady (62.6)
2014 - Rodgers (67.8) Brady (82.3)
2013 - Rodgers (68.4) Brady (68.1)
2012 - Rodgers (79.6) Brady (69.8)
2011 - Rodgers (76.1) Brady (83.4)
2010 - Rodgers (84.4) Brady (16.9)
2009 - Rodgers (85.2) Brady (12.2)

6 out of 8 years Rodgers has had the higher QBR. Rodgers lowest QBR in a single playoff game is 55. Brady has five more worse than that in the same time frame.

Opponents ppg in playoff losses:
Packers - 36.3
Patriots - 26.4

# of 30+ point games given up by the defense:
Packers - 5 out of 16 total
Patriots - 3 out of 34 total

Record in games in which the QB throws an interception:
Rodgers - 2-6
Brady - 11-7

The partridge in a pair tree: Rodgers hasn't been given one single top 10 defense since winning the Super Bowl in the 2010 season, Brady has been given five just in his five Super Bowl winning seasons. No telling how many others.

So all and all, I would say that Rodgers has done far more than his part to win big playoff games, and if he were put in the same situation as Tom Brady, there's no telling what he might be able to accomplish. He's got better overall playoff numbers across the board no matter which metric you choose to look at, and he's been handed one top 10 defense in the past seven seasons.

BUT...

One guy is 25-9. The other is 9-7. And the narrow minded, lazy natured pro-Brady crowd out there just wants to point at the record without considering all of the variables. :mad:

That's all I have to say. Makes me wanna puke.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

******So you can wag your pom poms around all you want to. But Rodgers is just flatty better than Tom Brady.

You talk about Rodgers was bad in the Seattle game. But 1. you're supposed to close the deal when the opposing team has to resort to an onside kick and 2. Brady has won more than just a couple of playoff games in which he flatout sucked. That's because of the team he's had around him.

And Bill Belichick.

LOL @ this guy comparing QB playoff stats when Aaron Rodgers is always playing against horrendous teams on wildcard weekend, while Brady is playing the best of the best in the AFCCG and SB every year.

Brady took two dumpster fire defenses to the SB in 2011 and 2017. Rodgers has a hard time even getting to the NFCCG.

D

Deleted member 6794

This is from a post that I made in July of 2017. I'm not going to go back and update the numbers from the 2018 postseason, but this illustrates my point on Brady v.s. Rodgers even in the postseason.

We all know Rodgers' numbers are superior in the regular season, but the common misconception is that Brady plays better than Rodgers in the postseason. The numbers simply don't tell that story.

This was it:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never wanted to start a whole thread on this, because I just knew it wouldn't be a good idea :roflmao: :D

But I'll just leave this here...

Brady v.s. Rodgers in the postseason:

Completion % -
Rodgers - 63.5
Brady - 62.7

TD to INT ratio -
Rodgers - 3.6 to 1
Brady - 2.03 to 1

Passer Rating -
Rodgers - 99.4
Brady - 89.0

Yards/attempt -
Rodgers - 7.49
Brady - 6.86

Yards/game -
Rodgers - 278.63
Brady - 267.47

Playoff QBR by year since Rodgers became the starter.

2016 - Rodgers (84.2) Brady (78.4)
2015 - Rodgers (73.9) Brady (62.6)
2014 - Rodgers (67.8) Brady (82.3)
2013 - Rodgers (68.4) Brady (68.1)
2012 - Rodgers (79.6) Brady (69.8)
2011 - Rodgers (76.1) Brady (83.4)
2010 - Rodgers (84.4) Brady (16.9)
2009 - Rodgers (85.2) Brady (12.2)

6 out of 8 years Rodgers has had the higher QBR. Rodgers lowest QBR in a single playoff game is 55. Brady has five more worse than that in the same time frame.

Opponents ppg in playoff losses:
Packers - 36.3
Patriots - 26.4

# of 30+ point games given up by the defense:
Packers - 5 out of 16 total
Patriots - 3 out of 34 total

Record in games in which the QB throws an interception:
Rodgers - 2-6
Brady - 11-7

The partridge in a pair tree: Rodgers hasn't been given one single top 10 defense since winning the Super Bowl in the 2010 season, Brady has been given five just in his five Super Bowl winning seasons. No telling how many others.

So all and all, I would say that Rodgers has done far more than his part to win big playoff games, and if he were put in the same situation as Tom Brady, there's no telling what he might be able to accomplish. He's got better overall playoff numbers across the board no matter which metric you choose to look at, and he's been handed one top 10 defense in the past seven seasons.

BUT...

One guy is 25-9. The other is 9-7. And the narrow minded, lazy natured pro-Brady crowd out there just wants to point at the record without considering all of the variables. :mad:

That's all I have to say. Makes me wanna puke.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

******So you can wag your pom poms around all you want to. But Rodgers is just flatty better than Tom Brady.

You talk about Rodgers was bad in the Seattle game. But 1. you're supposed to close the deal when the opposing team has to resort to an onside kick and 2. Brady has won more than just a couple of playoff games in which he flatout sucked. That's because of the team he's had around him.

And Bill Belichick.

I would like to add another number that is interesting in my opinion. Brady's overall passer rating in the playoffs (90.9) is only slightly better than the one of Rodgers (87.9) in his seven losses.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He took the team on his back and only lost due to an XP (which is what forced them to go for 2 at the end, as opposed to kicking an XP to tie it.) he had over 300 yards passing that day, with an offense that was so beat up that they could not even run practices throughout the postseason.

77 yards.
3 TURNOVERS is not putting the team on your back. LOL. Those turnovers are what caused the loss.

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 TURNOVERS is not putting the team on your back. LOL. Those turnovers are what caused the loss.

He was shredding that defense at will in the 4th quarter. In the 4th quarter alone, he had about double the yards that Rodgers had in the entire game. LOL!

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was shredding that defense at will in the 4th quarter. In the 4th quarter alone, he had about double the yards that Rodgers had in the entire game. LOL!
Fake News. The Patriots turned it over on downs on 2 separate drives in the fourth. Nice job "shredding" LOL.

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then, of course, we have another common defense that the two squared off against in the postseason. The 2016 Atlanta Falcons. Once again, we know how that went for each QB.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
LOL @ this guy comparing QB playoff stats when Aaron Rodgers is always playing against horrendous teams on wildcard weekend, while Brady is playing the best of the best in the AFCCG and SB every year.

Brady took two dumpster fire defenses to the SB in 2011 and 2017. Rodgers has a hard time even getting to the NFCCG.
15th in scoring D in 2011 is not a dumpster fire. Not what Brady is accustomed to getting, but not a dumpster fire. In 2017, the Patriots were 5th in scoring D. You win games based on points in this league.

The Patriots started off rocky in the early stages of 2017, but in its last 12 games of the regular season the defense only gave up an average of 14 a game, which would have been 1st in the NFL. Even with the rocky start they finished 5th.

I'll grant you that the defense didn't look good in the Super Bowl, but don't act like Brady was having to constantly overcome his defense enroute to the Super Bowl in 2017. That's just not factually accurate. But hey, I guess when you don't have much ammunition you have to resort to pulling stuff out of your rear.

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
15th in scoring D in 2011 is not a dumpster fire. Not what Brady is accustomed to getting, but not a dumpster fire. In 2017, the Patriots were 5th in scoring D. You win games based on points in this league.

The Patriots started off rocky in the early stages of 2017, but in its last 12 games of the regular season the defense only gave up an average of 14 a game, which would have been 1st in the NFL. Even with the rocky start they finished 5th.

I'll grant you that the defense didn't look good in the Super Bowl, but don't act like Brady was having to constantly overcome his defense enroute to the Super Bowl in 2017. That's just not factually accurate. But hey, I guess when you don't have much ammunition you have to resort to pulling stuff out of your rear.

Cool, so since it is all about points, why did everyone here disagree with me when i said that our defense is better than GB's this season? After all, we rank higher than you do in PPG allowed.

Or does that only apply when trying to defend Rodgers?

D

Deleted member 6794

Cool, so since it is all about points, why did everyone here disagree with me when i said that our defense is better than GB's this season? After all, we rank higher than you do in PPG allowed.

I don't necessarily disagree that the Patriots feature a better defense than the Packers. They don't have the best secondary in the league by any means though.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Or does that only apply when trying to defend Rodgers?
You're in the ring with me right now, not everyone else. I didn't say squat about who's defense is better. I said New England's isn't what it has been in years past but that Rodgers was capable enough to be successful against it. Not every quarterback in the NFL is Aaron Rodgers.

And I said that Green Bay's is improved.

I have respect for the Brady and Belichick. Sounds like you're not willing to give any credit at all to Rodgers.

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't necessarily disagree that the Patriots feature a better defense than the Packers. They don't have the best secondary in the league by any means though.

The run defense is middling, the linebackers cannot cover, and yet the team is nearly top 10 in PPG allowed. How does that happen without the secondary being at least one of the best units in the league, given the other deficiencies in the defense?

D

Deleted member 6794

The run defense is middling, the linebackers cannot cover, and yet the team is nearly top 10 in PPG allowed. How does that happen without the secondary being at least one of the best units in the league, given the other deficiencies in the defense?

The Patriots secondary is responsible for a whopping 16 touchdown passes so far this season. That is more than 24 teams have allowed in total.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're in the ring with me right now, not everyone else. I didn't say squat about who's defense is better. I said New England's isn't what it has been in years past but that Rodgers was capable enough to be successful against it. Not every quarterback in the NFL is Aaron Rodgers.

And I said that Green Bay's is improved.

I have respect for the Brady and Belichick. Sounds like you're not willing to give any credit at all to Rodgers.
It’s no, “you’re in my world now Grandma” but it’s a good line in its own right :)

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots secondary is responsible for a whopping 16 touchdown passes so far this season. That is more than 24 teams have allowed in total.

That's a terrible metric to focus on. That includes TDs from a short field as a result of STs and turnovers, and it also negates to detail who was targeted in coverage. And "whopping" is a ridiculous claim. It's only a couple of TDs more than other teams who have had good pass defenses this season.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
77 yards, 0 TD, and 10 points > 310 yards, 1 TD, and 18 points

Only to a team with a meager 4 SBs is that the case.
Turnovers lose games. End of story. Brady has been good at throwing picks this year. Looking forward to more of that Sunday night.

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turnovers lose games. End of story. Brady has been good at throwing picks this year. Looking forward to more of that Sunday night.

Turnovers lose games, even though we are 6-2 this year despite all those INTs.

Here's what loses games - 77 passing yards at the pro level.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turnovers lose games, even though we are 6-2 this year despite all those INTs.

Here's what loses games - 77 passing yards at the pro level.
You're wrong. Even more wrong than this:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!