Week 9: Packers in New England

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And then later that season ...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just consider yourself lucky that a fluky onside kick prevented the Packers from kicking the Patriots ***** two times that season.

Lucky? Your defense gave Rodgers every opportunity to win that game, and he choked when it came time to bury the Hawks.

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't know the Super Bowl was played in Seattle.

Brady's trip to Seattle didn't go anywhere near as bad. In fact, he put up nearly 400 yards on the LOB and 2 TDs.

You bring up a good point, though. Why does Rodgers struggle on the road the majority of the time? I think back to the 2015 game in Denver, which is the most hilarious performance by a QB I have ever seen. 77 yards. How does an NFL QB with any self esteem put up 77 yards in 60 minutes?

D

Deleted member 6794

178 yards, 56% completion rate, 1 TD to 2 INTs. Yikes.

Shall we take a look at Brady's performance against the D only 2 weeks later?

The Patriots hugely benefitted from Jeremy Lane getting injured in the first quarter while intercepting Brady. The Patriots quarterback then took advantage of his replacement Tharold Simon, throwing two touchdowns into his coverage.

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots hugely benefitted from Jeremy Lane getting injured in the first quarter while intercepting Brady. The Patriots quarterback then took advantage of his replacement Tharold Simon, throwing two touchdowns into his coverage.

The Patriots were moving the ball even before Lane's injury. Lane wasn't a difference maker for Seattle.

D

Deleted member 6794

You bring up a good point, though. Why does Rodgers struggle on the road the majority of the time? I think back to the 2015 game in Denver, which is the most hilarious performance by a QB I have ever seen. 77 yards. How does an NFL QB with any self esteem put up 77 yards in 60 minutes?

You mean like Brady throwing for 78 yards on 25 passes (even three more attempts than Rodgers at Denver) in a 21-0 loss in Miami in 2006???

D

Deleted member 6794

The Patriots were moving the ball even before Lane's injury. Lane wasn't a difference maker for Seattle.

Brady had thrown for only 48 yards and an interception at the time Lane was injured with 1:39 left in the first quarter.

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean like Brady throwing for 78 yards on 25 passes (even three more attempts than Rodgers at Denver) in a 21-0 loss in Miami in 2006???

You're talking about two different eras of football.

Go ahead and take a look at Brady's performance against that 2015 Denver defense in the November game where he was playing with a bunch of backups at receiver. He nearly quadrupled Rodgers' yardage total and had 3 TDs to 0 INTs. Took them to OT.

Reaction score
Are moderators allowed to remove this troll? Or do we have to live with it due to freedom of speech and all that junk? Rather yet, can we just ignore this poster? Clearly is not here to have civil discussion.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This is from a post that I made in July of 2017. I'm not going to go back and update the numbers from the 2018 postseason, but this illustrates my point on Brady v.s. Rodgers even in the postseason.

We all know Rodgers' numbers are superior in the regular season, but the common misconception is that Brady plays better than Rodgers in the postseason. The numbers simply don't tell that story.

This was it:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never wanted to start a whole thread on this, because I just knew it wouldn't be a good idea :roflmao: :D

But I'll just leave this here...

Brady v.s. Rodgers in the postseason:

Completion % -
Rodgers - 63.5
Brady - 62.7

TD to INT ratio -
Rodgers - 3.6 to 1
Brady - 2.03 to 1

Passer Rating -
Rodgers - 99.4
Brady - 89.0

Yards/attempt -
Rodgers - 7.49
Brady - 6.86

Yards/game -
Rodgers - 278.63
Brady - 267.47

Playoff QBR by year since Rodgers became the starter.

2016 - Rodgers (84.2) Brady (78.4)
2015 - Rodgers (73.9) Brady (62.6)
2014 - Rodgers (67.8) Brady (82.3)
2013 - Rodgers (68.4) Brady (68.1)
2012 - Rodgers (79.6) Brady (69.8)
2011 - Rodgers (76.1) Brady (83.4)
2010 - Rodgers (84.4) Brady (16.9)
2009 - Rodgers (85.2) Brady (12.2)

6 out of 8 years Rodgers has had the higher QBR. Rodgers lowest QBR in a single playoff game is 55. Brady has five more worse than that in the same time frame.

Opponents ppg in playoff losses:
Packers - 36.3
Patriots - 26.4

# of 30+ point games given up by the defense:
Packers - 5 out of 16 total
Patriots - 3 out of 34 total

Record in games in which the QB throws an interception:
Rodgers - 2-6
Brady - 11-7

The partridge in a pair tree: Rodgers hasn't been given one single top 10 defense since winning the Super Bowl in the 2010 season, Brady has been given five just in his five Super Bowl winning seasons. No telling how many others.

So all and all, I would say that Rodgers has done far more than his part to win big playoff games, and if he were put in the same situation as Tom Brady, there's no telling what he might be able to accomplish. He's got better overall playoff numbers across the board no matter which metric you choose to look at, and he's been handed one top 10 defense in the past seven seasons.

BUT...

One guy is 25-9. The other is 9-7. And the narrow minded, lazy natured pro-Brady crowd out there just wants to point at the record without considering all of the variables. :mad:

That's all I have to say. Makes me wanna puke.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

******So you can wag your pom poms around all you want to. But Rodgers is just flatty better than Tom Brady.

You talk about Rodgers was bad in the Seattle game. But 1. you're supposed to close the deal when the opposing team has to resort to an onside kick and 2. Brady has won more than just a couple of playoff games in which he flatout sucked. That's because of the team he's had around him.

And Bill Belichick.

Staff online

Latest posts