Week 9: Packers in New England

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
which is why Pettine's favorite alignment seems to swap out one of the LBers for another strong safety. 6-7 DBs is not that rare this year.

Awesome. Then we have more of your subpar DBs to exploit in coverage. We'll also be able to run all over that alignment.

D

Deleted member 6794

You're overrating Haha if you don't believe that to be true. You can't have those types of mental errors on a championship team.

Williams has lined up at free safety for a total of only four games during his career. While he might be a smarter player than Clinton-Dix his lack of experience and speed will most likely result in a decline of performance at the position.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams has lined up at free safety for a total of only four games during his career. While he might be a smarter player than Clinton-Dix his lack of experience and speed will most likely result in a decline of performance at the position.
I disagree. Mental errors are not acceptable on a championship team. I prefer Williams over Haha, and believe he will prove me right starting Sunday night in NE.

The fact that he hasn't played much safety says nothing about his ability to play the position.

D

Deleted member 6794

I disagree. Mental errors are not acceptable on a championship team. I prefer Williams over Haha, and believe he will prove me right starting Sunday night in NE.

The fact that he hasn't played much safety says nothing about his ability to play the position.

I hope you're right but unfortunately doubt Williams will be able to adequately replace Clinton-Dix. His lack of experience playing the position is definitely reason for concern.

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Go down the list, sport.

Gilmore > Alexander
JMac > King
(both Gilmore and JMac are top 10 rated CBs this season)
Jones > Williams (although I've heard that he may be used at FS, in which case DMac > Williams)
Chung > Brice

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go down the list, sport.

Gilmore > Alexander
JMac > King
(both Gilmore and JMac are top 10 rated CBs this season)
Jones > Williams (although I've heard that he may be used at FS, in which case DMac > Williams)
Chung > Brice
I'm sure Aaron Rodgers is losing sleep over that group. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure Aaron Rodgers is losing sleep over that group. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

He should probably be losing sleep over the fact that him and that entire offense have played poorly this season to the tune of only 25 PPG, are only 3-3-1, and are winless on the road.

D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy mentioned during today's press conference that Allison suffered a groin injury in practice yesterday. The Packers will evaluate his status for Sunday's game tomorrow.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'll say this. All joking aside with the joker that invaded our forum spewing a bunch of drivel :p There's nothing that makes me feel comfortable or at ease about playing the Patriots in Foxboro. Brady and Belichick simply do not lose very often at home. 18 losses in essentially the past 18 seasons. That's just silly good.

I do however like the way our defense competed with a more potent offense last week and I think we can take some good feelings from that into this Sunday. And the Patriots are much more getable defensively than they have been historically.

TB5 can talk about Rodgers' "struggles" all he wants to (on a bum knee, btw), but he is making a grave mistake overlooking what he is capable of doing to this New England defense.

The Packers have been better at creating pressure this year without sacrificing as much on the back end. That will be key. Hopfully Pettine can dial up some pressure to take advantage of the right side of NE's offensive line to generate some type of pressure.

Brady is still good, but he hasn't been the same guy we've been accustomed to seeing. And do the Patriots even have a running game right now?

38-27. Call me a homer if you wish. :tup:

Reaction score
Good Luck this week against that bunch... I pull for anyone that goes up against them.

Haha! Referenced you earlier in this thread. Said how a rams fan joined the thread and was civil and had quality unbiased discussion. Unlike the Pats fan you can see above whose team goes 16-0 every year in their mind.

Staff online

Members online