Week 6 - Packers at Bears (Pre Game and After Game thread)

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What? Please tell me where you can get an over/under of 26 on this game.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Come to think of it if D doesn't show up it could be an ugly one for us. Hopefully O finds this D's weakness and get it done!
The Bears offense stinks man. Never take anything for granted, but they are ranked 28th in the league and Fields had a net total of like 1 yard a couple games ago. They're averaging around 17 points per game. They are also missing Montgomery due to injury. Their oline is not very good either. I'd be surprised if it got ugly for the Packers in terms up points given up.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears offense stinks man. Never take anything for granted, but they are ranked 28th in the league and Fields had a net total of like 1 yard a couple games ago. They're averaging around 17 points per game. They are also missing Montgomery due to injury. Their oline is not very good either. I'd be surprised if it got ugly for the Packers in terms up points given up.
I hope so but we are talking about Pack D. They will make any team look like a contender.

Krabs

Reaction score
I hope so but we are talking about Pack D. They will make any team look like a contender.
Well, they are definitely not a defense that is going to scare anyone. They're right in the middle of the pack in terms of points given up. With the problems the Bears have had offensively I think they will stay around their average at about seventeen points. The Bears oline stinks too. I think they will hold up just fine.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, they are definitely not a defense that is going to scare anyone. They're right in the middle of the pack in terms of points given up. With the problems the Bears have had offensively I think they will stay around their average at about seventeen points. The Bears oline stinks too. I think they will hold up just fine.
LOL I was just fluffing some feathers on here. Packs got this. I haven't been on here in awhile and just wanted to see what people would say.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damien Williams is a quality NFL back. Their rookie Herbert ran very hard last week. The Bears will get there rushing yardage. I do not care who the other team is this GB secondary makes me nervous. They can't give up the big pass play or let Fields make plays with his feet. I think they can force the rookie QB into a mistake or 2.
The Bear defense is better than their stats. Just who is the O line is will determine rushing success or lack of. Rodgers should be able to throw against them. The only question is will they still have to give the O line help or do they get guys back which will open up the passing game playbook.
The Bears as do most teams have the ST edge and home field.
I foresee another ugly win. While holding a 24-16 lead late in the 4th the Packers get conservative and the Bears score late on a big play to Mooney but the Pack stop the 2 pt. conversion. 24-22 victory.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Reading the Bears injury report made me feel even more optimistic about Sundays game. Packer fans that have been lamenting about Packer injuries, should read the Bears and other teams injury reports.

While it appears Fields will go Sunday, I am hoping his knee holds him back from running around too much. The Packer defense seems to have a hard time with super mobile QB's.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Jaylon Johnson, sophomore cornerback for the Bears, is apparently having a stellar season so far. There's lots of positive buzz and statistics floating around him.

So naturally, Adams is about to plunge his arm into the kid's chest, pull out his beating heart, and take a big bite like it's a apple.

Should be fun to watch!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all of those Bears injuries (including Mack) the guy I hope the most does not play is Hicks.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't sound like Mack's foot is even a concern. Hicks is a lot less certain, and you're right, would be a huge help if he is out. I seem to remember him missing a game against us last season as well. It makes winning so much easier!

I saw a quick stat that Fields is the only rookie QB with a winning record so far this season.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to the Bears people their offense is up and coming. I hope it is down and OUT like you say.

Krabs

Reaction score
According to the Bears people their offense is up and coming. I hope it is down and OUT like you say.
Well, they're backup to Montgomery just got taken out by the Covid. They're onto their 3rd stringer.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope Fields doesn't have a field day running the ball. I trust that Barry will have a sound plan but these rivalry games can be tough.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now Bears are touting their last two wins. OK. Detroit and Oakland?? Well. It is not the Rams or the Bucs. They think their pass rush will give us trouble and that Pettine will certainly advise them. But our line stood up very well to the Niners. Bosa and co. are outstanding. And Akheem may still be out for them. Barry will be looking to stop the run and Fields. Burrows is a better passer. They will not beat us long.
I believe the Packers went to the quick short passing game against the 49ers. I think they should do the same at the Bears.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't sound like Mack's foot is even a concern. Hicks is a lot less certain, and you're right, would be a huge help if he is out. I seem to remember him missing a game against us last season as well. It makes winning so much easier!

I saw a quick stat that Fields is the only rookie QB with a winning record so far this season.
A good defense will do that for you.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF & AR need to use a similar gameplan mentality to the SF game... get the ball out of AR's hands quickly. The only strength the Bears have is their DL & pass rush. Minimize their affect on the game & the Packers have a win.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts