Week 6: Dangerous Dallas game upcoming

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait, so you can use Starks limited body of work this season, toss out anything he has done in the past and declare him one of the worst backs in the NFL? But....that method can't be applied to another player like Aaron Rodgers? Ok

You implied that because Jackson was worse then Starks at the beginning of the Season there is no way he can be any better then him now. That just doesn't make sense to me. One player you are saying is terrible and then you say another player couldn't have improved to be any better.

I haven't concluded that Starks is terrible nor that Jackson is any better, that is something the coaches would know way more about then me or you. But what I can conclude is that the possibility is there.
The coaches do know, and any future player moves will reflect that. They aren't going to just sling mud at the wall and see what sticks. That's how loser perennial bottom feeder franchises behave. Starks can still run fine, knows the playbook and knows who to block. His dealing with personal issues this week may be a clue to his erratic performance but that is purely speculation.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Lacy is out just put Cobb in the backfield and let ABBY play slot. Cowboy's D isn't anything to fear anyway!

There's absolutely no way the Packers should enter the game vs. the Cowboys without a healthy running back.

This also brings up the question, why don't the Packers have anything better at RB than Lacy (who still doesn't appear as agile as he did his first two seasons) and a terrible Starks? Why were no other decent options brought in prior to the season?

The Packers not having more talent and depth at running back is entirely on Thompson.

Include Perry and the way he's playing the run with the return of Pennel who may be in the best shape of his career set to return to clog up the middle.

I guess it will take Pennel several weeks to get into game shape again.

Not sure how comparing Rodgers 6 turnover to Bradfords 0 turnovers is a reflection of the coaching?

Rodgers has turned the ball over only four times as two of those fimbles were recovered by the Packers.

IMHO need Pennel more than a 3rd RB on the roster.

That's absolutely true but if either Lacy or Starks can't play on Sunday the Packers most likely need another running back on the roster.

Set all statistics aside for a while and look at the paranormal for a second. who knows what our record is with the Blue and gold uniforms?

The Packers are 5-0, outscoring opponents 169-72 in their third jerseys since deciding to once again use an alternate uniform in 2010.

Yeah, like i said, a third running back coming in probably won't add too much to the team and, to your point, Pennel helping on the dline against Zeke will be extremely important.

I don't think anyone is suggesting to promote Jackson if both Lacy and Starks can play on Sunday. I would be in favor of having him as a backup if one of them miss the game.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas is due for a loss and Dak is due for "one of those games" rookies tend to have. I think we win this game by at least 10-14 points. 27-17 type of game.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Dallas is due for a loss and Dak is due for "one of those games" rookies tend to have. I think we win this game by at least 10-14 points. 27-17 type of game.
I expect Capers to dialup pressure packages from different angles and coverage disguises in hopes of getting Prescott to make rookie mistakes.

Reaction score
Dallas has a really good O line. However the Pack has a stellar group of pass rushers. This game will come down to who wants it more. As has been said by Packer players, the Packers D has been prideful of their historic start and I believe they will perform and have a swagger about them.
Im hoping to see another big body in Pennel at 6'4 330lbs in key short yardage downs.
IF we key on Zeke n Zak with a spy I think we'll be fine

Charles gerbschmidt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Packers offense is still a work in progress this season, but at least Nelson has clearly established himself as the top red-zone target for Rodgers with 5 TDs in just four games. The problem is Morris Claiborne has played really well this year and has yet to give up a TD, this will be a fun matchup to watch.

D

Deleted member 6794

Dallas has a really good O line. However the Pack has a stellar group of pass rushers. This game will come down to who wants it more. As has been said by Packer players, the Packers D has been prideful of their historic start and I believe they will perform and have a swagger about them.
Im hoping to see another big body in Pennel at 6'4 330lbs in key short yardage downs.
IF we key on Zeke n Zak with a spy I think we'll be fine

This game will come down to the Packers defense ability to contain the Cowboys rushing attack. Capers unit has done an excellent job in run defense so far this season but Dallas will present the first elite opponent. Their performance on Sunday will go a long way in truly evaluating their talent level going forward.

D

Deleted member 6794

Cowboys rule out T Chaz Green, QB Tony Romo and CB Orlando Scandrick for Sunday's game vs. Packers. The team lists K Dan Bailey, WR Dez Bryant, CB Morris Claiborne, RB Lance Dunbar, DE David Irving, DT Terrell McClain, T Tyron Smith, LB Kyle Wilber, WR Terrell Williams and TE Jason Witten as questionable.

Charles gerbschmidt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Jason Witten would be huge! The guy has a gift for finding the open spot in the middle and picking up 10 yards anytime they need it...

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers rule out Chris Banjo, Jared Cook and Sam Shields for Sunday's game vs. Cowboys. Eddie Lacy, Damarious Randall and James Starks listed as questionable.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect Capers to dialup pressure packages from different angles and coverage disguises in hopes of getting Prescott to make rookie mistakes.

Dallas loves that bootleg/roll out play with Dak where the FB or a TE goes out into the flat. They run that play A LOT.

Reaction score
Dallas loves that bootleg/roll out play with Dak where the FB or a TE goes out into the flat. They run that play A LOT.
Intersting. I really like what MN has been doing defensively. They show a different look almost every play but it starts with bringing a couple of LBs into the A gaps as noted by Jon Gruden. They then send one or the other up the middle, around the edge, or 1 pulling back. Or they pull both back. Or they rush both up the middle. Or they rush both around the edge. You get the picture.
Being elusive and confusing the blockers and the QB but almost always sending added pressure into the pocket do disrupt the flow and create Offense timing issues For once in a long while GB has the D personnel to do this and be disruptive before the play develops
Add that to bringing up either Dix or Morgan to watch the RB who scoots out and turns his head back for the screen and playing him tight and aggressive with the 5 yards.
We need to make Dak beat us throwing long but we need to do it while in his face in hurried fashion.

Last edited:

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need our Oline to keep giving Rodgers time in pocket. On defense if Hyde can cover Witten or Beasley those are their best receiving targets. Perry needs to contain Dak on rollouts. Big game for rookie ILB Martinez who has been playing great this far!

D

Deleted member 6794

We need our Oline to keep giving Rodgers time in pocket. On defense if Hyde can cover Witten or Beasley those are their best receiving targets. Perry needs to contain Dak on rollouts. Big game for rookie ILB Martinez who has been playing great this far!

I'm quite sure that Bryant is the Cowboys most dangerous receiving threat. You're right about Martinez who owns the best run-stop percentage among rookie inside or middle linebackers this season.

Reaction score
Interesting there was an article I saw that was obviously a Dallas leaning article about how GB hadn't played against a RB that was a household name as of yet. The list conveniently left off Adrian Peterson, which if we remember was completely shut down before being pulled in the second half (not that he was doing great but def a household name)
I did a little research and found this...
The Cowboys and Packers have just 1 comment opponent in 2016 and that's the Giants.
GB won by 7 and the Cowboys lost by 1
As far as Cowboy opponent defenses?

Giants:17th overall and 22nd against the run
49rs:21st and 31st against the run
Bears:14th and 24th "" ""
Skins:27th and 30th " "
Cincinnati: 11th overall and 20th against the run
The point is while we may not have not faced a litany of high profile RBs they are about to also be tested this week(just like us)
Dallas VS GB (9th overall and 1st against the run)

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's absolutely no way the Packers should enter the game vs. the Cowboys without a healthy running back.

And yet they might, that's what happens when you carry that many DBs and wide receivers.

I guess it will take Pennel several weeks to get into game shape again.

Ive heard it said that players take about 2-3 weeks to get back into the swing of things but that's usually for guys returning from injury. But with Pennel he was able to attend attend all of training camp and play in the preseason. I suspect a week to knock off the rust is all he'll need. By all accounts Pennel took great care of himself which will help.

The Packers are 5-0, outscoring opponents 169-72 in their third jerseys since deciding to once again use an alternate uniform in 2010.

Probably helps that they only do it at home.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not going to lie guys. I don't think we're going to win this game. Call it a gut feeling.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OLine has to keep it rolling. Rodgers goes for 275yds 3TDs. I see Adams having a big day 95yds 2TDs. But we still need to move the ball on the ground, praying Lacy toughs it out. On defense, Hyde gets his 1st INT, Clay and Perry welcome Dak to the big league big bear hugs and blindsides! We win 27-21. Plus we keep Zeke under 100 and out of the endzone!!