Week 6: Dangerous Dallas game upcoming

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not exactly a convincing win last night against a banged up secondary. Again conservative play calling let the Giants back in the game. I am not a fan of MM's play calling.

Note to Dom Capers: The Cowboys are going to run the ball a lot, so clog the middle. Ezekiel Elliot likes to run up the middle. if you saw yesterdays game, the good Bengals defense looked awful against the Cowboys running game.

on offense, are we going to see Janis and Abbredaris at all this year? Even Ty Montgomery, who played well last year could get more reps and sub in for Adams now and then.

I hope I'm wrong, but I anticipate a tough game coming up.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB will need to concentrate ******* stopping Elliott, but we can't "lose" Prescott running the ball...think he'll have some nice runs :(

Jmurray

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not exactly a convincing win last night against a banged up secondary. Again conservative play calling let the Giants back in the game. I am not a fan of MM's play calling.

Note to Dom Capers: The Cowboys are going to run the ball a lot, so clog the middle. Ezekiel Elliot likes to run up the middle. if you saw yesterdays game, the good Bengals defense looked awful against the Cowboys running game.

on offense, are we going to see Janis and Abbredaris at all this year? Even Ty Montgomery, who played well last year could get more reps and sub in for Adams now and then.

I hope I'm wrong, but I anticipate a tough game coming up.
Agreed. You may get your wish if Cobb has a concussion this week. If Lacey is unable to go this weekend - I do not think this looks good for the Packers. The defense has generally played pretty well so far - but we do not want to overexpose them. For the Packers to win - they will have to play like they did in the first half last night. I live in Dallas - my two favorite teams are GB and whomever plays Dallas on a week to week basis. As a self-described "Richard Lewis" of Packer fans - I may Tivo the game and go play golf instead. If they win - than I will enjoy watching Sunday nite. If they lose - i'll have a couple of beers and delete this game from my play list.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say it was more of an execution failure again, but play calling is easier to blame

OP
OP
aristotle

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with the lack of a quality TE, we need to better use the middle of the field. Cobb does it pretty well, but a 2nd option like Abbredaris would create a mismatch with a LB or Safety

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with the lack of a quality TE, we need to better use the middle of the field. Cobb does it pretty well, but a 2nd option like Abbredaris would create a mismatch with a LB or Safety

Good point ! I would like to see more short dump off passes in the middle of the field. Get Lacy in the open field and watch the bull run.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would be in favor of either using Abbrederis or Montgomery more often as another weapon in the slot.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would like to see Perillo more. He does not drop the ball and has a knack to get open. RR was terrible last night.

D

Deleted member 6794

Would like to see Perillo more. He does not drop the ball and has a knack to get open. RR was terrible last night.

Perillo isn't athletic enough to consistently exploit the middle of a defense. The Packers need Cook to get healthy.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're gonna find out if our run D is as good as their stats. Impressive numbers so far, but they haven't had to go against a good rushing attack yet. Should be interesting to see.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now our best offensive grouping is likely 3 WRs with Lacy and Rip in the backfield. Is Monty good enough to justify time over Cobb, what about Abby over Nelson or Adams?

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice offensive line match up as well. I know it's not the prettiest facet of the game but PFF had the Packers offensive line at #2 heading into week 5 and the Cowboys at #5.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Zeke Elliott and that OL of the Cowboys will be a big test for sure.

Sounds like Dez may try to play on Sunday. I would be fine with him giving that leg more time to heal and just waiting until the week after the Cowboys upcoming bye.

Last edited:

828Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be in favor of either using Abbrederis or Montgomery more often as another weapon in the slot.

That would be our best bet right now, rather than relying on RR to exploit the middle of that D. Also, we need to ride Lacy and Starks. Only one team has really committed to the run against Dallas, and that was NYG. The Giants averaged nearly 5YPC over 24 carries. Eli only threw the ball 28x and subsequently, they came away with a win. Washington was running the ball outstanding, however they ended up letting Cousins throw the ball 46x, and they faltered late in the game.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I recall Jordy playing the slot when Cobb was out a few years back. I'd rather Jordy in for RR with Davis or Janis going outside in his spot. Go four wide a few times and let Jordy run some TE routes.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel that all games right now are dangerous. Each game I am hoping we can hang on to a victory. It seems as if we can't play a full 4 quarters and I hope we can click the clock down to hang on for a win. That is not a good feeling. Im not claiming to know exactly what the problem is, as we need to work on so much. I was impressed with the O line and the run defense. I would just like to keep our foot on the opponents throat and win one convincingly.
I love my Packers!
DS

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perillo isn't athletic enough to consistently exploit the middle of a defense. The Packers need Cook to get healthy.
Did not say anything about Perillo being the man. And Cook is hurt right now And RR is not playing good. So give the other tight end a shot. btw He is athletic enough to land on a professional football team.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Dallas is going to be a tough test.

One mistake that many teams are making is not selling out to stop their running game. They are letting Dak play from ahead rather than behind, and letting their offense be multi-dimensional. We need to stop Zeke in early down situations, and force Dak to have to throw the ball in 3rd and long situations.

MM needs to mix the offense up like he did in the first 2 or 3 drives last night and move the ball down the field, score a couple of early touchdowns. And then we will see if Dak will be able to beat us through the air. I don't think he is going to be capable of that, especially if we are able to use our pass rush to put some pressure on him.

I think this is going to be one of the more entertaining games of the year, but I also think that Rodgers and the offense will finally expose that Dallas defense, and that Dallas ultimately won't be able to keep up.

Definitely don't want to play a low scoring game. 28+ points and Dallas won't be able to keep pace.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have confidence that our run D will stop Dallas' rush attack. Their passing game will suffer while relying heavily on their run game. If our O clicks it's game over for Dallas. Rod will take advantage of their lack of pass rush! If we mix it up by heavily relying on our run and slot plays our O should come out on top. Hopefully Cobb and Lacy are at full strength.
We will expose Dallas weakness causing a stampede in their organization that will raise questions if they really want to keep Dak as their starter QB.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Likely not without merit, but the writing style reminded me of the St. Louis Rams fan that came in here last year and boasted daily about the immense talents of every player, coach, trainer, and assistant secretary in their organization. We won.

The Cowboys are going to be a good test. I'm sure they'll still evoke some memories of the 2014 playoff loss as well for inspiration.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts