Week 5: Packers at Bucs - Rodgers/Brady maybe for the last time

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
scoring in general is up all over thru the first month. wouldn't be surprised if the league average is closer to 30 than 20 just in general.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all the Rodgers-Brady stuff, I see this game conforming to the overused "games are won in the trenches" cliche. Tampa's front 7 looked pretty tough against the Bears even without Vea. Conversely, Brady will still beat you up if don't get pressure.

The thing is the Tampa O-Line looked pretty bad in pass pro against the Bears and I think that will be the difference. I'm expecting a fairly low scoring game at least in comparison to the ridiculous scoring against bad defense across most of the league.

I agree. Most of the talk has been about our offense against their defense, but I think it'll come down to which team gets the better and more consistent pass rush, and who wins the battle in the trenches.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know some of you guys will be excited to hear this. Now we'll see if this guy lives to the hype in the upcoming weeks.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Just read that in addition to King, Z and Gary may not play tomorrow. Ankle injuries ,listed as questionable.
If all of the above are out tomorrow, I feel like we'll need to score at least 45 to win.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I know some of you guys will be excited to hear this. Now we'll see if this guy lives to the hype in the upcoming weeks.

Doesn't there have to be hype, in order for one to live up to said hype?

I actually was more excited about EQ when we drafted him. Sorry to **** in your cornflakes. At this point, I don't expect much for a few weeks, if at all. There have been so many "hyped" WR's in Green Bay over the last 4-5 years and I am convinced that the hype is stemming more from wishful thinking to fill a need, than from actual talent.

Here's to hoping that EQ exceeds his hype! :tup:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people have hope with EQ because he does have talent. It takes more than that to succeed, but it's not like I'm sitting at home wishing I could have been and NFL player. He's like 6' 3 or 4", 220lbs and runs under a 4.5 40. he can catch, he seemed to run pretty decent routes when he was a rookie. He didn't light the world on fire and the fact he can't see the field because of injuries concerns me, but there's plenty of talent there to be hopeful about.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't there have to be hype, in order for one to live up to said hype?

I actually was more excited about EQ when we drafted him. Sorry to **** in your cornflakes. At this point, I don't expect much for a few weeks, if at all. There have been so many "hyped" WR's in Green Bay over the last 4-5 years and I am convinced that the hype is stemming more from wishful thinking to fill a need, than from actual talent.

Here's to hoping that EQ exceeds his hype! :tup:
Personally I never understood why people here thought so highly of him, so if he flakes out I really won't lose any sleep because I can't say I expect much from him. My expectations are low, but I do hope for the best.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I never understood why people here thought so highly of him, so if he flakes out I really won't lose any sleep because I can't say I expect much from him. My expectations are low, but I do hope for the best.
I hope he sets the world on fire and has a Randy Moss rookie season type influence. One can never have too many 1st team all-pros.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
High hopes and low expectations is where I’m at on EQ.
I’m expecting it to take awhile for him to garner a lot of snaps if he ever does. Kind of expecting less than 10 snaps for at least a few weeks.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why would anyone, even us fans of his, expect immediate serious snaps...it will take a few weeks.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game will be won or lost in the middle rush of our D. If Z plays, he CANNOT take the rush to the outside, he HAS to go inside, as the stone statue Brady will not move. If Clark can show early down pressure up the middle, Brady will struggle mightily. If the statue has all day it'll be a high scoring track meet. The offensive game plan should feature backs out of backfield circling, as it will loosen up the Tampa D and when tired the run game could flash and expose them. Slant routes ala the Favre days would work against Tampa if they are committed to inside out scheme. Watch for Patrick and Jenkins to pull a lot. Our Dbacks will have a tough test. I think Brady wants to use Gronk and I think this might be the week they do so. As for St Brown....it is wishful thinking at this point, there is no reason to think all of the sudden he will turn into anything but possibly a special teams guy.

D

Deleted member 6794

scoring in general is up all over thru the first month. wouldn't be surprised if the league average is closer to 30 than 20 just in general.

Teams have scored an average of 25.7 points over the first five weeks of the season. If that holds up it would crush the previous record of 23.6 set in 1948.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good news is the Bears lose today!!!

Well maybe premature on that, though I just got this feeling Carolina Is a bad matchup for them

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

We HAVE to kill Brady.....kill him I say. If he called Phil, Tiger and Peyton "Baby" once, he said it a thousand times in the Covid 19 golf tournament the other day. I had to turn the sound off eventually.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read that judging from warm-ups, Josh Jackson is starting in place of King. Patrick and Turner are the right side of the O line.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jackson can keep his hands off guys down field I think he can be decent still

Gopackgo52

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We haven't had the privilege of watching these two go at it the way Brady and Manning did all those years, but we'll get it perhaps for the last time in this one. We also didn't get the Rodgers/Brady Super Bowl we should have gotten in the 2014 season, but that's all old news.

The Bucs have a ton of weapons offensively. If our defense allows Brady to be comfortable throughout the game, it could be a long afternoon. Lay some wood on him, and he'll make some bad throws.

With Adams back, I'm confident with what the Packers will be able to do offensively.

Has the makings for an entertaining game.

Packers 38
Bucs 24
Yea about that whole us winning thing.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lot of home cooking going on for the Bucs, especially with these late hits. That second int Rodgers threw, the Bucs were offsides.