Week 5: Packers at Bucs - Rodgers/Brady maybe for the last time

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
We haven't had the privilege of watching these two go at it the way Brady and Manning did all those years, but we'll get it perhaps for the last time in this one. We also didn't get the Rodgers/Brady Super Bowl we should have gotten in the 2014 season, but that's all old news.

The Bucs have a ton of weapons offensively. If our defense allows Brady to be comfortable throughout the game, it could be a long afternoon. Lay some wood on him, and he'll make some bad throws.

With Adams back, I'm confident with what the Packers will be able to do offensively.

Has the makings for an entertaining game.

Packers 38
Bucs 24

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
NE big guy up front in Def was carted off with what looks like a bad ankle injury.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa was lucky last night that Foles is so inconsistent or the final score might not have been that close. He missed a lot of open guys. I can't see AR playing like that next week. I hope Clark is back but I don't know if we have the pass rushers that the bares have. It is a good thing Brady is statue back there now.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady has always been kind of a statue, but in the past he would stand there eyes down field and get the ball to someone. i only watched a bit of the game and when he felt the rush a lot of times, he went into self preservation mode and not deliver the ball mode. it was obvious.

H

HardRightEdge

I watched the second half of the Bears/Tampa game last night. That was some pretty ugly football. It was hard to tell if the O-Lines were that bad or the D front 7's that good, probably some of both. Immobile QBs didn't help matters.

These were two of the most penalized teams coming into the game and they lived up to that. The penalty stats don't do it justice given the declines and offsettings.

For the entire game, Tampa's O-Line was flagged for 4 holds, 2 false starts, an unnecessary roughness and a Gronkowski illegal block above the waist for good measure. Including declined and offsetting, there were 21 penalties in this game, 10 in the 3rd quarter, 5 in the 4th. quarter.

The ugliness met a fitting end when Brady lost track of the downs, throwing downfield on 4th. and 5 when he thought it was 3rd. down. Aikman added to the confusion in saying QBs can lose track of downs when there is a spike. There was no such spike. More likely Brady thought there must have been a penalty in there somewhere. ;)

That second half looked like sh*tty Week 1 football with a notable exception. These two defenses have well coordinated, physical and sharp-tackling front 7s. The Packers could use that kind of tackling.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Brady has always been kind of a statue, but in the past he would stand there eyes down field and get the ball to someone. i only watched a bit of the game and when he felt the rush a lot of times, he went into self preservation mode and not deliver the ball mode. it was obvious.
See the above post. His O-Line was getting whipped, at least in the second half I watched.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa was lucky last night that Foles is so inconsistent or the final score might not have been that close. He missed a lot of open guys. I can't see AR playing like that next week. I hope Clark is back but I don't know if we have the pass rushers that the bares have. It is a good thing Brady is statue back there now.

I think getting Clark back would be huge Brady really had trouble with that interior rush against the bears and not only does he dramatically improve that but it make it harder for them to double team Zadarius all the time.
If Zadarius keeps playing like he did Monday and we get Clark back I think we will have plenty of pass rush to throw at Brady.

H

HardRightEdge

NE big guy up front in Def was carted off with what looks like a bad ankle injury.
That was Vita Vea, a guy who got some interest in these parts as a possible Packer first round pick in 2018. Vea went off the board at #12, the Packers got Alexander at #18, so that worked out. Vea's a good player. If he's out that would be a plus especially in the run game. The Bears O-Line made him look like a better **** rusher than he is.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to believe this will be their 3rd and possibly their final encounter with one another.

In 2010 they were supposed to go up against one another in NE, but Rodgers suffered a concussion the previous week against Detroit, in which Matt Flynn had to step in and nearly beat Brady, but had a miscue at the end.

In 2011 how The Giants simply came into Lambeau and smacked us around the way they did, after we beat them a few weeks before in their place will always be one of the greatest mysteries to me. There's no doubt in my mind we would've destroyed NE had we made it to The Superbowl that year. Their defense was just as bad as ours and we had way too much fire power for them to keep up.

In 2014 The Packers SHOULD'VE gone to the SB that year, but we suffered one of the greatest meltdowns in a conference championship, and ultimately Brady went to win number 4. Had Rodgers gone to that SB I'm pretty confident we would've beaten them, even with his messed up leg. We also played him earlier that season and beat them in Lambeau that year.

2016 Another opportunity, but this was more on Rodgers going on a tear. Unfortunately our magic ran out against Atlanta who beat the breaks out of us, only for them to commit the greatest choke job in NFL history in regards to The Superbowl. I think we would've matched well against them tbh.

2018 That year was a disaster for us, but we played them pretty close until that fumble Jones coughed up, cost us, and then Brady threw Gordon that TD pass, and NE went on to win it.

I'm sad we were robbed of never seeing a Rodgers vs Brady Superbowl because that would've been hyped as hell. The best two QBs for most of the decade going at one another. As fun as it will be to watch these two play, it doesn't have that atmosphere feel to it like it did in the past. Brady being near the end of his career and pretty much his career is set in stone at this point, while Rodgers still has some time left, but the clock is ticking.

I heard Tampa lost one of their DT which is a heavy blow for them, and based off their performance last night I'm sure they'll be playing with fury next week. As much as either QB may deny it, I'm pretty sure they want to beat one another. All the greats do when they go up against their contemporaries.

Still a damn shame how things ended up. We were truly robbed of seeing a clash of the titans in regards to Rodgers and Brady in terms of SB matchups.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's hard to believe this will be their 3rd and possibly their final encounter with one another.

In 2010 they were supposed to go up against one another in NE, but Rodgers suffered a concussion the previous week against Detroit, in which Matt Flynn had to step in and nearly beat Brady, but had a miscue at the end.

In 2011 how The Giants simply came into Lambeau and smacked us around the way they did, after we beat them a few weeks before in their place will always be one of the greatest mysteries to me. There's no doubt in my mind we would've destroyed NE had we made it to The Superbowl that year. Their defense was just as bad as ours and we had way too much fire power for them to keep up.

In 2014 The Packers SHOULD'VE gone to the SB that year, but we suffered one of the greatest meltdowns in a conference championship, and ultimately Brady went to win number 4. Had Rodgers gone to that SB I'm pretty confident we would've beaten them, even with his messed up leg. We also played him earlier that season and beat them in Lambeau that year.

2016 Another opportunity, but this was more on Rodgers going on a tear. Unfortunately our magic ran out against Atlanta who beat the breaks out of us, only for them to commit the greatest choke job in NFL history in regards to The Superbowl. I think we would've matched well against them tbh.

2018 That year was a disaster for us, but we played them pretty close until that fumble Jones coughed up, cost us, and then Brady threw Gordon that TD pass, and NE went on to win it.

I'm sad we were robbed of never seeing a Rodgers vs Brady Superbowl because that would've been hyped as hell. The best two QBs for most of the decade going at one another. As fun as it will be to watch these two play, it doesn't have that atmosphere feel to it like it did in the past. Brady being near the end of his career and pretty much his career is set in stone at this point, while Rodgers still has some time left, but the clock is ticking.

I heard Tampa lost one of their DT which is a heavy blow for them, and based off their performance last night I'm sure they'll be playing with fury next week. As much as either QB may deny it, I'm pretty sure they want to beat one another. All the greats do when they go up against their contemporaries.

Still a damn shame how things ended up. We were truly robbed of seeing a clash of the titans in regards to Rodgers and Brady in terms of SB matchups.
Good summation.

Three total matchups. Total robbery.

H

HardRightEdge

My thoughts run along the same lines as Rodgers'--it's just another game, one we'd like to see end at 5-0. The hype disolves into a football game somewhere around 14:55 of the first quarter, assuming the opening kickoff is a touchback. ;)

Though Flynn was the starter in 2010, the one play in the last three meetings that sticks in my mind has nothing to do with QBs:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

May not have been a fair representation with Godwin out and both Evans and Miller playing hurt.

He also has been trying to use Ronald Jones in the passing game, and he just doesn’t have it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Buccaneers held the Bears to 35 rushing yards, marking the third straight game in which they held an opponent below 50 yards on the ground. No team has put up 100 yds on the ground against them this year. They held Kamara to 16 yds on 12 carries. Vita Vea was probably lost for the season, so that might help the Packers, but it will be interesting to see how the Packers run game fares against the Bucs. I also think that we will see a more healthy and rested Bucs offense then the Bears faced too. Bucs will probably get back WR's Chris Godwin and Justin Watson, as well as 3rd down back LeSean McCoy. Running back Leonard Fournette was active but only logged one snap. Wide receivers Mike Evans and Scotty Miller played through leg injuries and Miller did not have a catch, Evans I believe sat out the 2nd half.

Nice to have a bye week to get healthy, but the Bucaneers mini bye will benefit them too.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
hopefully this game even happens haha
You saw that too? COVID is creeping a bit closer to the Packers for sure. Fingers crossed it was just that one Bear practice squad player and he wasn't anywhere near the Buccaneers or even at the game.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Buccaneers held the Bears to 35 rushing yards, marking the third straight game in which they held an opponent below 50 yards on the ground. No team has put up 100 yds on the ground against them this year. They held Kamara to 16 yds on 12 carries. Vita Vea was probably lost for the season, so that might help the Packers, but it will be interesting to see how the Packers run game fares against the Bucs. I also think that we will see a more healthy and rested Bucs offense then the Bears faced too. Bucs will probably get back WR's Chris Godwin and Justin Watson, as well as 3rd down back LeSean McCoy. Running back Leonard Fournette was active but only logged one snap. Wide receivers Mike Evans and Scotty Miller played through leg injuries and Miller did not have a catch, Evans I believe sat out the 2nd half.

Nice to have a bye week to get healthy, but the Bucaneers mini bye will benefit them too.

The Bucs losing one of the top NT’s this year might help the Packers? Oh. It’s gonna help! Lol.

kinda like saying Kenny Clark being out might have hurt the Packers. There’s no might about it.

D

Deleted member 6794

EQ is back at practice today.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Super Bowl Here We come!!! The WR position is fixed! :coffee: I mean if you believed it needed to be improved. ;)

Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get him into a game. Out of the 3 that were drafted by Gute, he was the one I felt had the biggest upside, I guess we may get to find out in the next 10 or so weeks.

Looks like Kamal Martin is back today too.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/20...n-wr-equanimeous-st-brown-return-to-practice/

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, while on paper I think we're a better team, this Bucs team is not Atlanta. And any given week.... Well we saw what the Raiders did to KC yesterday.

H

HardRightEdge

Ordinarily my reaction would be "meh". Under the circumstances I'll say, "Go EQ!" ;)

If he really is healthy he might see a 50-60% snap count.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully he won't drop an easy one because a bunch of those calling for him now are going to be calling for the trash truck in a hurry.

Latest posts