Week 5: Packers at Bucs - Rodgers/Brady maybe for the last time

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it but gotta call a spade a spade

Rodgers has been a dud today. Too much flashbacks today to the days of Brett Favre forcing throws in this ballpark to Antonio Freeman and later Donald Driver. Matt LaFleur has gotta regroup this regime, and man... Get our guy Tonyan involved here.

And Pettine... Good lord allowing way too clean a pocket for statue Brady

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense was going to suck eventually. The 2nd quarter implosion was vintage Packer football that we've seen the last few seasons.

Also, please fire Pettine. His approach on defense will never work unless the offense plays flawless football.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anytime they play anyone good they get blown out same thing as last year if your good you don’t get BLOWN out by good teams they ain’t going anywhere it’s one game yes but this is same thing as last year. Idk why Rodgers is even out there playing still

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Cap wrote "I'm sorry but the Bucs aren't any good. They won't make the playoffs."

I'm pretty sure he jinxed us. The Bucs destroyed us. We'll probably see them again in the playoffs, hopefully at Lambeau.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, somehow we do have to solve our coming off the bye week problems under LaFleur. Good news is he's not lost back to back games yet, and I think these next few games are good opportunities to get right.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
When Cap wrote "I'm sorry but the Bucs aren't any good. They won't make the playoffs."

I'm pretty sure he jinxed us. The Bucs destroyed us. We'll probably see them again in the playoffs, hopefully at Lambeau.
And I lmao at that..mostly because odd ball season and how can anyone judge teams..he also.said who ever said bears were a threat to number one seed should be banned

Dont look now..bears are in division led

Why do people jump the gun so fast??

I started a thread that pointed out week 4 was end of preseaon...now we see what teams are made of..maybe this is the true packer team.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I didn`t see the whole game, was there a reason for taking Rodgers out ?

D

Deleted member 6794

And I lmao at that..mostly because odd ball season and how can anyone judge teams..he also.said who ever said bears were a threat to number one seed should be banned

Dont look now..bears are in division led

Why do people jump the gun so fast??

I was obviously wrong about the Buccaneers. I'm still not convinced the Bears are a threat for the division title though.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was obviously wrong about the Buccaneers. I'm still not convinced the Bears are a threat for the division title though.

The Bears defense is contender caliber. The only thing keeping them from being a legit contender is Nick Foles.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A strong defense and a running back who can move the sticks is a good recipe to defeat us.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's a good recipe to beat anyone

Yep. Though, the Bears did beat the Bucs. Our defense needs to shine similarly in order to beat a team built like that. Why aren't defensive coordinators ever fired mid-season? Pettine, IMO, has been on the thinnest ice possible.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. Though, the Bears did beat the Bucs. Our defense needs to shine similarly in order to beat a team built like that. Why aren't defensive coordinators ever fired mid-season? Pettine, IMO, has been on the thinnest ice possible.
For whatever our defense did or didn't do yesterday, that loss sits almost entirely on our offensive line and Rodgers. 3 quarters of football and you can't even crack 70 yards and zero points? They are our strength and they looked like garbage outside of the first 2 drives. and even those, every time Rodgers threw the ball he was getting hit.

Every team is built a certain way. Our oline protects and Rodgers doesn't toss a pick 6 that game could easily have been lopsided the other way. I don't even think the Bucs made adjustments as much as the offense just imploded. I mean the bucs had something to do with it, they played hard and are good up front, but you can put some hits on after the pass and when they keep moving chains and scoring points eventually it puts them on their heels. We got down and played right into their hands.

Our offense must be better. when your offense gives up basically 14 pts it's not going to be a good day. We don't have that stellar defense, even on a good day. But they were not the reason we lost yesterday.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For whatever our defense did or didn't do yesterday, that loss sits almost entirely on our offensive line and Rodgers. 3 quarters of football and you can't even crack 70 yards and zero points? They are our strength and they looked like garbage outside of the first 2 drives. and even those, every time Rodgers threw the ball he was getting hit.

Every team is built a certain way. Our oline protects and Rodgers doesn't toss a pick 6 that game could easily have been lopsided the other way. I don't even think the Bucs made adjustments as much as the offense just imploded. I mean the bucs had something to do with it, they played hard and are good up front, but you can put some hits on after the pass and when they keep moving chains and scoring points eventually it puts them on their heels. We got down and played right into their hands.

Our offense must be better. when your offense gives up basically 14 pts it's not going to be a good day. We don't have that stellar defense, even on a good day. But they were not the reason we lost yesterday.

What I don't get is that if the rush was too much for us, why not send our battering ram RB at them to beat them up a bit? Dillon would have hurt them badly with his size/speed combo. Jones is great, but he gets knocked around a lot - he took some tough hits yesterday. Hit back FFS LaFleur.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I don't get is that if the rush was too much for us, why not send our battering ram RB at them to beat them up a bit? Dillon would have hurt them badly with his size/speed combo. Jones is great, but he gets knocked around a lot - he took some tough hits yesterday. Hit back FFS LaFleur.
it's what I thought they should do as well, run at them, move some chains and then run an offense. They ran williams up there, nice gain, then pass, pass punt. If your'e getting 4 or more, run it again until they stop it. game wasn't unmanageable yet, but they tried to get back into it too quickly. i think Williams and Dillon actually would have been a nice combo up in there for a while.

They needed to get some first downs and consistency. maybe it wouldn't have worked. But they didn't really try either.

Members online

Latest posts