Week 2: Aaron's march through Atlanta

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
After watching the Bears stifle the Falcons and the way the Packers defense befuddled Seattle, I have much more confidence in the Packers next game than I did a week ago.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ATL didn't look too hot today in Chicago, but I will say that this will be a test of our corners.

Not sure who they're gonna put on Julio, but it's always a challenge. Hoping to see our offense get in a nice rhythm for all 4 quarters.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched part of all the games today and even though points were scored, defenses looked pretty good against a lot of offenses at times. I expect defenses, our's included to come down a little bit against good offenses, once those offenses get a few weeks under their belts. Atlanta, just like GB are going to get better on the field on offense as the season goes on.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's quite the paradigm shift to go from the Seachickens to the halfwing birds. Tough to say what's going to happen.

To be frank though, I wasn't expecting ATL to hang up 40 on em today, and believe it or not the Falcons have actually had some notable struggles against the Bears in the past. Week 1 can be a little strange like that.

As was covered before, they're getting broken into the Sarkisian offense which I suspect will be a little less dynamic. But I still have concerns about our offense heading down there, most notably if they continue that 2015 play and Dan Quinn decides to send blitzes on em.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears should have won that game ... Falcons did not good with the new coaches.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I think we're going to benefit from playing them early in the season, but it's still going to be tough.

Though I liked what we saw from the defense today, I'm cautiously optimistic moving forward especially against a potent offense like Atlanta. Their offensive line is considerably better than the Seahawks, plus they have better skill position players, and a quarterback that's better at making you pay down the field. And even a better running game! Better across the board.

This will be a completely different test than today. A week from now we will know how our defense will be able to stack up against a top tier offense.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I am hoping our D-line puts the same kind of pressure on Matty Ice. Matt is not as mobile as Russell Wilson so maybe we can get a few more sacks in.

JSimandl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the biggest difference is that Chicago got them on grass and we see them on a fast track. Atl just looked slow against the bears. I really liked the defensive effort against seattle, but this one will expose our secondary to a real test.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ATL seemed to struggle with bear's run game. i'm assuming pack's run game will be necessary and put into effect if bulaga plays this sunday plus we are not going up against a great D as we did with Seattle. Seattle's D did a solid job against Rod and the O. Question is how well our D will be against Atl and julio. In any case we will not see another dismal performance we did in the playoffs against Atl. This time we will be at full strength.Plus, G-mo will be added to the roster so that should give Rod more targets.

the only problem is that it's a night game and some of us might be passed out before the game even starts.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we're going to benefit from playing them early in the season, but it's still going to be tough.

Though I liked what we saw from the defense today, I'm cautiously optimistic moving forward especially against a potent offense like Atlanta. Their offensive line is considerably better than the Seahawks, plus they have better skill position players, and a quarterback that's better at making you pay down the field. And even a better running game! Better across the board.

This will be a completely different test than today. A week from now we will know how our defense will be able to stack up against a top tier offense.

Yeah, we're definitely going to need a better game out of Rodgers and the O to beat them. I think our defense could hold them to below 30, but our O is going to have to score more than 17 for sure.

Jd dirtybird21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the biggest difference is that Chicago got them on grass and we see them on a fast track. Atl just looked slow against the bears. I really liked the defensive effort against seattle, but this one will expose our secondary to a real test.
Should be a great game. I anticipate it will be a like last year's regular season matchup rather than the NFCCG. Rodgers and Ryan will likely go back and forth. It will be all about which defense can make a big time play. I feel a little bad that the Packers for the 2nd year in a row have to be the road team to an opponent's stadium opener.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should be a great game. I anticipate it will be a like last year's regular season matchup rather than the NFCCG. Rodgers and Ryan will likely go back and forth. It will be all about which defense can make a big time play. I feel a little bad that the Packers for the 2nd year in a row have to be the road team to an opponent's stadium opener.

feel sad if the falcons lose their opener in a new stadium. on top of the SB disaster. lot of pressure on falcons! not to be bias but green bay isn't the team you would want to play in the opener at a new stadium.

Jd dirtybird21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys ready for round 3? I was around your board last year during the NFCCG and I found your fans to be very cool and respectful so I decided to come back. I never take Aaron Rodgers lightly. This game can go either way. It'll likely be one of those games that goes down to the wire. Should be a good one. How are you guys feeling about your defense this season? I know they looked good against Seattle but I'll point out that Seattle is a bad road team, and they also have a suspect O-line. Either way, your defense definitely stepped up and you deserve credit. Just not sure if they are ready for our offense on the road just yet though.

I'm not here to talk trash. Here's to no injuries on Sunday and may the best team win!

Jd dirtybird21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
feel sad if the falcons lose their opener in a new stadium. on top of the SB disaster. lot of pressure on falcons! not to be bias but green bay isn't the team you would want to play in the opener at a new stadium.
I can agree with that. Rodgers is the one player that keeps me on the edge of my seat EVERY play. The guy can literally turn anything into a huge play. He's very frustrating.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
too early to tell. 2017 is a work in progress. imo the d is a question mark. can't take much from sea game as their o is terrible. next game will be a better test but again it's only week two.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one will be a big test. They'll be faster on their turf, their first game at their new stadium and Sunday night primetime will have them pumped I'm sure. BUT, we will be ready, too. If our defense shows any improvement this year, we are very dangerous. I hope people do not get discouraged if our defense does not perform flawlessly, because Atlanta's offense is one of the best. With that being said, our defense should be energized and we all know what our offense is capable of. I think this week we get our NFC Championship revenge.
If we start 1-1, there's no shame and everything is still fine. But if we can get to 2-0 with victories over Seahawks AND Falcons early...watch out. I know it's early to talk about playoff seeding, but we would be in the drivers seat early.

Packers: 31
Falcons: 27

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I anticipate it will be a like last year's regular season matchup rather than the NFCCG. .
Agreed. I have a feeling this one will come down to the wire again.

What'd you think of your birds against Chi though? Didn't look so hot.

Jd dirtybird21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. I have a feeling this one will come down to the wire again.

What'd you think of your birds against Chi though? Didn't look so hot.

Yea, they didn't look the best. I think a lot of little things contributed. The grass definitely impacted them. There are at least 4 plays that I recall where players slipped. I think it's just a chemistry building thing with the new OC. I also thought Chicago showed up to play. Their tackling was absolutely stout and their front 4, particularly Hicks looked really good. Week 1 is always a little weird. I'm not too worried about it. The offense will definitely be better at home, on turf.

Jd dirtybird21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
too early to tell. 2017 is a work in progress. imo the d is a question mark. can't take much from sea game as their o is terrible. next game will be a better test but again it's only week two.

Right. I could make an argument that these first 2 games of the season are the Packers most critical games. If they beat us on Sunday, they own tiebreakers on BOTH Atlanta and Seattle which would be huge for them. Atlanta, Green Bay, and Seattle all have one thing in common and that's that they are far more dangerous at home and not the same team on the road. Home field advantage is pretty key for these 3 teams.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm, let me juest wear my green tinted glasses.

I expect an one sided game. TyM will run through their D and they'll struggle against our 2 TE sets. I expect our D to put Matty on Ice and he ain't mobile enough to dance.

Packers 42
Falcons - 21

Just what the new stadium needs...

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I'm a Packer fan in MSP(i like Minnesota) and love trolling Vikings fans lol

One of my best friends from college is actually in Seattle now(post grad) so trolling and jokes are always welcome

*considering wearing a Bill Schroeder Packers jersey to a Vikings game as a joke

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It could of course go either way, but I am not expecting a GB win what with Atlanta opening a new stadium. That atmosphere is going to be hostile and crazy in the extreme.

D

Deleted member 6794

You guys ready for round 3? I was around your board last year during the NFCCG and I found your fans to be very cool and respectful so I decided to come back. I never take Aaron Rodgers lightly. This game can go either way. It'll likely be one of those games that goes down to the wire. Should be a good one. How are you guys feeling about your defense this season? I know they looked good against Seattle but I'll point out that Seattle is a bad road team, and they also have a suspect O-line. Either way, your defense definitely stepped up and you deserve credit. Just not sure if they are ready for our offense on the road just yet though.

I'm not here to talk trash. Here's to no injuries on Sunday and may the best team win!

It's too early to make a fair evaluation of the direction the Packers defense is headed in as the unit held the Seahawks to only 10 points last season as well but struggled mightily against better offenses. Entering the season I expected the team to only lose at Atlanta before the bye week and haven't changed my mind about it based on week 1. It will be a closer game than last year's NFCCG though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm expecting a win :) I think the Falcons came out a little slow for 3 reasons against the Bears. The grass, they probably were looking ahead to this week, and new OC. I expect a much more spirited performance by their offense this week back on turf and opening a new stadium. I think our defense is much more up to the task now that everyone is healthy. it doesn't mean I think we're going to shut them out. But I am not going to be surprised when we win either.

Members online

Latest posts