Week 12 Showdown: Packers at 49ers - potential home field advantage implications.

WillyP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither the person I quoted or myself said anything about top notch. He said winning QBs and we are 4-0 vs winning QBs.

Point being I still dont consider them great quarterbacks, maybe Dak but he's still on and off, Jimmy worries me with the way our defense has played this year

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don Quixote, you are still sparring with windmills. No one called them great. You can make your posts but why include a discussion that has nothing to do with your thoughts?. We were talking about winning QBs. Nothing more. We are 4-0 vs winning QBs this year. No talk about great. None.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
A few thoughts for Sunday Nights game. :coffee:

• "This game is far from a slam dunk."
  • "It's gut-check time."
  • "Keep your eye on the ball."
  • "The Packers can't pull any punches."
  • "They need to step up to the plate."
  • "49'ers talk a good game."
  • "The Pack need to answer the bell."
  • "Take one for the team if need be."
  • "Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships"
  • "The best defense is a good offense."
  • "The best offense is a good defense."
  • "They have to have a great game for their team to win."
  • "They have to get on the same page."
  • "The media are blowing this out of proportion."
  • "That will come back to haunt them."
  • "It doesn't get any better than this."
  • "On any given Sunday . . ."
  • "Play one game at a time"
  • "There is no 'I' in 'team'"
  • "There ain't no 'U' either'"

You forgot "They put their pants on one leg at a time...."

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Point being I still dont consider them great quarterbacks, maybe Dak but he's still on and off, Jimmy worries me with the way our defense has played this year

Jimmy G ie every bit as "on and off" as Dak is (probably even more off) so I'm not sure why he concerns you more

WillyP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jimmy G ie every bit as "on and off" as Dak is (probably even more off) so I'm not sure why he concerns you more

Im not sure why so many people are concerned that im concerned about the Packers might lose to a very good team this weekend...lol... this board is hilarious

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People used to laugh about Dak Prescott, but both he and the Cowboys currently lead the NFL in yards.
Makes me a bit nervous if we have to face them in the playoffs again, considering how our defense has been struggling. Besides, we've had their number, and they're almost due to take one, just from the law of averages alone.

The good news is the game would probably be in Green Bay, unless the Vikings overtake us for the division (God forbid).

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Im not sure why so many people are concerned that im concerned about the Packers might lose to a very good team this weekend...lol... this board is hilarious

I am absolutely on board with your concern that the Packers might lose to a very good team this weekend. I don't think the Packers match up very well defensively with what the 9ers are going to throw at them. Not speaking "schematically" per se, but talent-wise. Make no mistake, both teams are what their record says they are as the cliche goes but we've all seen what this defense can turn into from one game to the next.

Deal is, on a fan internet forum you're going to find a lot of different personalities and, likewise, a lot of different viewpoints and angles. By-and-large, you've got those who really and truly believe that talent can be overcome by scheming and trickery, much that same way that old age and experience (and trickery) will beat youth and talent every time.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's really concerning is your concern over other peoples concerns about your concerns.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm concerned what my family will think of me now that added "Last Christmas" on the guitar for this year's holiday sing alongs.

Go ahead, try and get it out of your head once you hear it. I triple dog dare you.

H

HardRightEdge

A few thoughts for Sunday Nights game. :coffee:

• "This game is far from a slam dunk."
  • "It's gut-check time."
  • "Keep your eye on the ball."
  • "The Packers can't pull any punches."
  • "They need to step up to the plate."
  • "49'ers talk a good game."
  • "The Pack need to answer the bell."
  • "Take one for the team if need be."
  • "Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships"
  • "The best defense is a good offense."
  • "The best offense is a good defense."
  • "They have to have a great game for their team to win."
  • "They have to get on the same page."
  • "The media are blowing this out of proportion."
  • "That will come back to haunt them."
  • "It doesn't get any better than this."
  • "On any given Sunday . . ."
  • "Play one game at a time"
  • "There is no 'I' in 'team'"
  • "There ain't no 'U' either'"
I have another. "Play a solid four quarters of football on both sides of the ball."

Of course that's been in short supply this season and the Packers are not alone in that regard.

Exciting games are not necessarily well played. I always look forward to a well played game by both teams and end up seeing only a small handful every season. Maybe this week we'll be treated to that uncommon pleasure.

Reaction score
What's really concerning is your concern over other peoples concerns about your concerns.
You stole my M.O. GrnGold!
Concerning discerning all these concerns. I’m left feeling disconcerted and some serious consternation.:tdown:

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man this is going to be a great game. Something is telling me Bosa and the boys are going to feast.
31-17 49ers. Then we Play Baltimore and get our ***'s handed to us...

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm concerned what my family will think of me now that added "Last Christmas" on the guitar for this year's holiday sing alongs.

Go ahead, try and get it out of your head once you hear it. I triple dog dare you.
I used to hear that a lot on the radio at work (back when I used to work). Good song choice, but yeah that one is an earworm.

It's also a movie out starring Emilia Clarke, who played Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regent of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons.

I just like saying that. And as far as I'm concerned, that last half of the last season of Game of Thrones never happened. I liked the battle with the Night King, but it spiraled into the toilet from there.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Kyle has his offensive pieces, Im not sure how you can say the Packers have the better team. The Packers definitely don't have the better scheme or locker room. The 49er line should also be back to dominant after having to chase Murray and Wilson for the last 3 games.

What I can see happening is Rodgers being unstoppable in the 4th quarter - but unless the 49ers decide to drop 9 wide open passes for 100 yards, and a rookie kicker misses another game winning FG, I dont see them losing this game at home.

While the Niners might end up winning tonight's game you're fooling yourself when you believe the Packers don't stand a chance to win.

(See 2010 season as an example). A 6th seed just rolled through the playoffs (on the road I might ad) on our way to a SB title. Totally unheard of at the time.

Actually the 2005 Steelers were the first #6 seed to win the Super Bowl.

People used to laugh about Dak Prescott, but both he and the Cowboys currently lead the NFL in yards.

Total yards isn't a great way to measure success. While leading the league in yards per game the Cowboys still have lost four out of 10 games.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad the 9ers pulled it out last week against the Cardinals. Don't think the 9ers are going to be losing 3 in a row this season. Should be a close one, we've been in every single game notwithstanding the Chargers.

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB played so bad in the first half that I can smell the stink here in northern Indiana! I guess they ain’t there yet‍♂️

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One break we had was the completed pass where our receiver took 3 steps and fumbled. Was called incomplete and could've been a turnover.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They came out flat. Stupid penalty on Adams then 3 straight 3 and outs. while pass rush is good, can't cover the TE for the umpteenth time.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure the California timezone difference hurts but this is pretty embarrassing considering you have TWO weeks to prepare

This team just isn't "there" yet

Is it a good team? Yes

A championship team? Probably still a year away, still missing some pieces and you can tell

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All NFL defenses are bend but don't break at best. The rules make true shut down defense nearly impossible to do on a consistent basis now.

Hmm, no one seemed to tell the 49ers defense that against us tonight.

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They came out flat. Stupid penalty on Adams then 3 straight 3 and outs. while pass rush is good, can't cover the TE for the umpteenth time.
The TE coverage is a decade long dilemma that GB just can’t figure out. Every week the other teams TE has 100+ yards!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts