Week 12 Showdown: Packers at 49ers - potential home field advantage implications.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
12 days away and I'm already hyped up for this one. Gonna be a lot of fun. Rodgers basically came out and said the Packers need to be honest with themselves and take a hard look in the mirror the next time the team goes on a big road trip. You know there was method to his madness to dial up the antennas for this one, with everything that could end up being at stake.

Hopefully some can provide more insight into the game last night, as I was able to watch very little of it, but it appeared like the 49ers struggled to score for much of the game. The scoop fumble in the 4th was the only reason the 49ers really had a chance to win it.

It's a huge break for the Packers to have 2 weeks to prepare and to get healthier. Davante, Bakh, and others will be able to climb closer to full health. I'd like to think that LaFleur and Rodgers will have a buttoned up initial attack to put some early points on the board.

Win, and the Packers will take the #1 spot in the NFC and control its own destiny. Hopefully the Packers realize what kind of opportunity they have and come out with supreme focus and intensity.

I'm sensing a statement victory is on the horizon for the Green and Gold. GPG.

Reaction score
Having 9 Wins this early would put us in an extremely good position. Also I believe GB could finish even with San Fran but hold the Tie Breaker.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't be their call. Must be in Fox contract that some games can be flexed at their discretion.
The Cowboys vs. Patriots game @ 3:25 will be the national double header game on FOX. It makes sense to move the Packers to Sunday night.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having 9 Wins this early would put us in an extremely good position. Also I believe GB could finish even with San Fran but hold the Tie Breaker.

I mean this in the nicest way but these are some madden esque points right here

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you play a team once and beat them head to head you hold the tiebreaker over them, simple as that.

Reaction score
If you play a team once and beat them head to head you hold the tiebreaker over them, simple as that.
Of course. Oh I see how you read that.
I meant, I have faith (believe) like we can hang with their record because SF has a daunting remaining schedule.
Thus the resulting advantage (tiebreaker) would go to GB if that requirement is met.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, holding the tiebreaker would be huge. But who knows, we could end up battling for the top spot with Seattle or NO.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's a tough league to win in. We do control the outcome of where we play. Keep winning and we're just fine regardless of what happens to everyone else. But there is a lot of football left to play and we have things to clean up.

Reaction score
This game to me will be like a play off game with rights to go play in the Super Bowl.
Bet the 49's and they have a big chance to win it all.

But hold on, there's more, we have no chance betting the 49's on November 24th.
Sorry!

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a must win game.

Vikings are playing Broncos and Saints are playing Bucs, so a loss would put us on par with them at 8 wins each.

Win this and we get two relatively easy games vs Giants and Skins before hitting the division trio to finish the season.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cowboys vs. Patriots game @ 3:25 will be the national double header game on FOX. It makes sense to move the Packers to Sunday night.

Im glad the Eagles got kicked off of there and won't be polluting TV sets lol

Anyway ...

On defense the chore will be matching someone on Kittle while trying avoid getting gashed by Breida and Coleman

On offense, it's all about the offensive line

Joey Bosa was problematic last game out on the west coast, and his younger brother Nick will be here in this one. Gonna have to find ways to get the ball out of Rodgers hands quick against these guys.

Also ... Note to LaFleur ... Careful about calling another run play like that on the goal line. Your old buddy Sean McVay found out the hard way it doesn't work against these guys.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This is a must win game.

Vikings are playing Broncos and Saints are playing Bucs, so a loss would put us on par with them at 8 wins each.

Win this and we get two relatively easy games vs Giants and Skins before hitting the division trio to finish the season.
This is a "sure would like to" win game. Far from a must win.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The blitz right up the gut was used by SF very effectively (especially 1st half) against the seahawks. Something we need to be aware of.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The niners lead the league in third down defense, I believe. They blitz like crazy and do it well. The Pack O line better be on their game or it will be embarrassing. The D will get shredded down the middle, as usual. I hate to be a downer, but let’s be realistic. This D is ranked toward the bottom once again. I watched the niner/ Seahawks game and they both would feed the Pack their lunch the way they looked that night. Rodgers will need one of his ‘in the zone’ games to win this one imo. They better dial up short, quick passes or he’ll take a beating. Hope I’m wrong.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have dominated the 9’rs in San Fran for as long as I can remember. One exception was “The Catch II” playoff game. Past performance doesn’t guarantee future success, but this Packer team has the talent (and health) to continue the trend.

Reaction score
Packers have dominated the 9’rs in San Fran for as long as I can remember. One exception was “The Catch II” playoff game. Past performance doesn’t guarantee future success, but this Packer team has the talent (and health) to continue the trend.
SF has a very talented team led by a good QB. But make no mistake we are capable of giving them problems IF we bring our A game. Seattle just beat up on 49ers in a tough fought battle. We’re just getting healthy as we’ve added a starter from PUP and another TE off IR (our 3rd round draft pick) Having 2 weeks to prepare allows us to bring them on gradually.
This bye also gives us needed time for lingering medical issues to heal up. We go into San Fran near full strength

Simms87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I‘m already hyped for this game too!

Going to the playoffs, I feel good with all matchup besides the Saints in their house. Therefore I think homefield advantage through the whole playoffs would be huge.

D

Deleted member 6794

On defense the chore will be matching someone on Kittle while trying avoid getting gashed by Breida and Coleman

Kittle and Breida are both hurt and might not be available for the Niners next week.

The niners lead the league in third down defense, I believe. They blitz like crazy and do it well. The Pack O line better be on their game or it will be embarrassing. The D will get shredded down the middle, as usual. I hate to be a downer, but let’s be realistic. This D is ranked toward the bottom once again. I watched the niner/ Seahawks game and they both would feed the Pack their lunch the way they looked that night. Rodgers will need one of his ‘in the zone’ games to win this one imo. They better dial up short, quick passes or he’ll take a beating. Hope I’m wrong.

FWIW the Niners are second in the league in opponents first down percentage on third down behind the Patriots. There's no doubt their defense has performed at an excellent level this season. With that being said the Packers definitely have a chance to win that game next week though.