Week 12 Showdown: Packers at 49ers - potential home field advantage implications.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no offense. defense hung on as long as they could. refs didn't help with a couple of bad calls. game over at halftime.

Pretty much sums it up. Not even worth mentioning the special teams, we don't have a special teams.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No heart tonight. Just a gutless performance. O line made SF look great. WR corp besides Adams is pitiful. This is not a performance that they can "clean up". Just a complete a** kicking.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team had two weeks to prepare and get healthy, yet they can’t get out of their own way. MLF does it again. Turns down points in the first half when they finally got into fg range. Could’ve gotten it to one score, but failed. And this D is no better than past years either. I’ll be surprised if the Pack actually makes the playoffs at this rate. The NFC is loaded and the Pack is average at best. Duds: everybody.

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before this game ends and all the “know it all fans” start crucifying this team, let me put my 50 years of football watching positive spin on this game.
1) Too many bad things happened early against a good team. The call on Adams and sack/fumble basically spotted them 7 points then the long pass to Graham not called a catch
2) penalties, and the injury to Bulaga got them off their game forcing the TEs to help with blocking
Everything just snowballed From there resulting into this stinker! It happens sometimes I just wish it didn’t happen so often to the Packers!

WillyP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are so far form "there" Rodgers will be long gone by the time they get "there" if tonight is any indication

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team just isn't a championship team.

This is a good team but not a championship team

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
One break we had was the completed pass where our receiver took 3 steps and fumbled. Was called incomplete and could've been a turnover.
Actually, had MLF challenged that "no catch", it is probably reversed and called a catch and Graham's knee was down before he fumbled. MLF looked like he was coaching scared tonight.

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team just isn't a championship team.

This is a good team but not a championship team
The 2010 team was the last team to make the playoffs that season.
Health and momentum are huge in a playoff run, stay tuned!

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, had MLF challenged that "no catch", it is probably reversed and called a catch and Graham's knee was down before he fumbled. MLF looked like he was coaching scared tonight.

Ok. I didnt know Graham was down b4 the fumble

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If not a little better because their D line is just incredible.

I don't believe this team will win anything this year, obviously any team can "get hot" and that's what we hope for...

I'm just being realistic

Tonight was a total snowball effect with the early Davante penalty, fumble, dropped pass by Geronimo, catch by Graham ruled incomplete, etc etc.

But CHAMPIONSHIP teams don't let stuff like THAT happen.
I think the main point is the Packers had TWO WEEKS...TWO WEEKS... to prepare for this and a "championship" team doesn't come out after TWO WEEKS and allow a snowball effect to happen

I still think we're a year or so away....

Also I gotta give props to both Smiths though, they actually came out firing but they just didn't have ANY help

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before this game ends and all the “know it all fans” start crucifying this team, let me put my 50 years of football watching positive spin on this game.
1) Too many bad things happened early against a good team. The call on Adams and sack/fumble basically spotted them 7 points then the long pass to Graham not called a catch
2) penalties, and the injury to Bulaga got them off their game forcing the TEs to help with blocking
Everything just snowballed From there resulting into this stinker! It happens sometimes I just wish it didn’t happen so often to the Packers!

Sorry, but that sounds like excuses being made for a **** poor performance. Coach passed up points early and should’ve challenged the Graham no catch. O line was totally dominated and Rodgers couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. Call it what it is. An old fashioned *** kicking by a better team. You are right about the penalties. This team looked intimidated from the beginning.

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are so far form "there" Rodgers will be long gone by the time they get "there" if tonight is any indication
San Fran was 4-12 last year they didn’t add 22 new starters this season.

D

Deleted member 6794

This team had two weeks to prepare and get healthy, yet they can’t get out of their own way. MLF does it again. Turns down points in the first half when they finally got into fg range. Could’ve gotten it to one score, but failed. And this D is no better than past years either. I’ll be surprised if the Pack actually makes the playoffs at this rate. The NFC is loaded and the Pack is average at best. Duds: everybody.

The Packers defense is definitely better than it was over the last few years but they aren't elite as some believed after the first few weeks of the season.

The 2010 team was the last team to make the playoffs that season.
Health and momentum are huge in a playoff run, stay tuned!

The 2010 team was significantly better than this year's squad though. They never trailed by more than seven points at any point during that season.

San Fran was 4-12 last year they didn’t add 22 new starters this season.

You have to realize that was with Nick Mullens and C.J. Beathard starting for most of the season though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to realize that was with Nick Mullens and C.J. Beathard starting for most of the season though.
They could be starting this year and they'd still be really good. If you want to see where the change happened, look at their pass rushers last year and this. 7 turnovers all season to 20+ in 10 games.

D

Deleted member 6794

They could be starting this year and they'd still be really good. If you want to see where the change happened, look at their pass rushers last year and this. 7 turnovers all season to 20+ in 10 games.

True, their defense is vastly improved over last season as well.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The usual line of rhetoric is that the team is a bad team disguised in a good record when games like this happen. Of course that's BS, but it is the trolls in the woodwork's line of thinking.

I think the problem atm is that the team is a good one, but not built atm to hang with the best teams quite yet. Granted in this league, teams can do weird things all the time, like Atlanta and Philly being all Jekyll Hyde so ... Who knows what this team will do next week.

The main problem that's caused the losses is the offense. The problems there seem to be fourfold

1. Our two OTs don't have reliable backups, and I'd say with Bulaga's contract expiring at the end if this season, let him walk because he does not deserve more money, so draft a new T

2. Not sure what the exact solution to this would be, but I think we might want to shift the play scheming a little bit to try and spring designed plays for other receivers besides Adams. It's not anything wrong with him, it's more just wanting the offense to be working the way it was when he was out, and just no denying our best showings were when he was out.

3. I'm not going to act like the silly Rodgers baggers and start yacking about him being the sole problem because he's not. But man ... There's just times I wish he'd just gun it across the middle even if the coverage is tight and not care whether it got intercepted. Besides at least if it did, we could blame GMo or Graham for that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Our two OTs don't have reliable backups, and I'd say with Bulaga's contract expiring at the end if this season, let him walk because he does not deserve more money, so draft a new T

Problem with that, starting NFL tackles just don't grow on trees. Maybe you find one in the first round if you are lucky. We drafted Spriggs in the second round (using a LOT of picks) and he turned out to be *****. So if you let Bulaga walk, you best be prepared to spend some money in Free Agency for your RT or your first round pick.

Mondio schooled me several times on this over the years, its not easy or cheap to build a 7 deep OL.

All that said, I would prefer to keep Bulaga if he is reasonable and his injury history might make him such. Not sure what is going on with Bahk, but this hasn't been a good year for him, in comparison to past seasons.

Use a few mid to late round picks to try and find your future Tackles and depth.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem with that, starting NFL tackles just don't grow on trees. Maybe you find one in the first round if you are lucky. We drafted Spriggs in the second round (using a LOT of picks) and he turned out to be *****. So if you let Bulaga walk, you best be prepared to spend some money in Free Agency for your RT or your first round pick.

Mondio schooled me several times on this over the years, its not easy or cheap to build a 7 deep OL.

All that said, I would prefer to keep Bulaga if he is reasonable and his injury history might make him such. Not sure what is going on with Bahk, but this hasn't been a good year for him, in comparison to past seasons.

Use a few mid to late round picks to try and find your future Tackles and depth.

Maybe im just a believer we can get one because Elgton Jenkins has turned out well, even if he's a Guard. I just also think about how in the past we've found gems like Clifton and Tauscher, so it's not like we can't build OLs through the draft.

Anyway re-signing Bulaga will just mean more of the same so count me in on taking the risk on a rookie OT.

As to Bakh, back injury has been hampering him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe im just a believer we can get one because Elgton Jenkins has turned out well, even if he's a Guard. I just also think about how in the past we've found gems like Clifton and Tauscher, so it's not like we can't build OLs through the draft.

Anyway re-signing Bulaga will just mean more of the same so count me in on taking the risk on a rookie OT.

As to Bakh, back injury has been hampering him.

Oh, you can get a starting OT through the draft, but relying on the fact that you will is a dangerous presumption IMO. Play it out; you don't sign Bulaga or an equivalent FA and you don't have a quality starting RT on your current roster. So you head to the draft absolutely having to find an immediate starter. Are you comfortable with that? I wouldn't be. If you don't hit pay dirt, you are faced starting someone like Alex Light or trade for one before the season starts and hope he learns your offense.

My philosophy for what its worth. You use your current roster, Free Agency or trades to field your immediate starters. The draft is for finding your future starters and if that happens to be in their first year and they are worthy of starting, great, you did well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts