Week 12 Rams pregame and postgame thread.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rasul Douglas has never made more than $1Mil/yr since he's been drafted and is on team #6, I believe. Wonder if he'd be a reasonable offseason signing of 3yr/$4.5Mil w/ $1Mil guaranteed (slightly over vet-min) knowing he "fits" the system? Am I dreaming and it'll take double or triple that to keep him?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of what looks like man in this defense isn't truly man. The responsibilities are different.
Maybe it is not called that way but as soon as the ball is hiked there are a bunch of time he is with one man and sticks with him...no matter where that guy goes.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Maybe it is not called that way but as soon as the ball is hiked there are a bunch of time he is with one man and sticks with him...no matter where that guy goes.

Totally. All teams play man sometimes. But the Packers don't use it a lot compared to many.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you all nailed it on this one. The Packers play what really is a man-zone defense. While the CBs often play man, the rest of the backfield, and some linebackers are in zone. It seems to be one way that teams find it difficult figuring out where the seams are in the Packer defense. Of course that works best when you have your best CBs in the game, not out with injuries, as we've seen. Dantès pointed that out with his post.

Above all, what we're seeing this year is that the players themselves seem to have bought into it a lot better than they did in the Capers schemes. You got to believe in it to make it happen, and that's what I see playing out on the field.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my word the image of Rodgers strutting with Ramsey in the background on the ground......I may have to frame this bad boy....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Words can’t do this picture justice. This is badass <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@AaronRodgers12</a> <a href="https://t.co/2tuEfEs7aq">pic.twitter.com/2tuEfEs7aq</a></p>&mdash; AJ “The Sauce” Dillon (@ajdillon7) <a href="
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
">November 29, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much would it cost me to get Jalen to sign that you guys think? Can you imagine showing up to a signing or running up to him asking him to sign it!?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much would it cost me to get Jalen to sign that you guys think? Can you imagine showing up to a signing or running up to him asking him to sign it!?
If you did, expect to be in concussion protocol for the next few weeks!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
terrific defensive game. the game wasn't as close as the score would lead you to believe. 2 big plays. one on a stumble from Sullivan who was there. the other on some blown assignment i think. douglas has been awesome (we haven't really missed jaire). he's pushed king to cb4...maybe cb5 with the emergence of sullivan. they need to give douglas king's money and keep him a while. "gary's a bust" lol.
the offense continues it's red zone passing madness but the last 6 quarters have been reminiscent of last year in efficiency, look, and operation everywhere else. it's mostly MLF's offense thanks to the o-line's injury status and 12's toe. dude can't hold the ball and run his old offense bs, like he has all season to this point, as much. he played well in spurts last night but missed some throws and had some throwaways with guys wide open. "the dillion pick was stupid." lol
special teams was really special. crosby continues to kick to the extreme left. 95%+ of his misses, and near misses, are to the left. it's him, not the "operation."
the D is carrying this team at the moment. if the O (12!) can/will just get to that 2020 mindset, and stay there, they've got a really good chance to do something. they've got two more wins than i predicted to this point.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the schedule came out, I imagine the Rams had this game circled...Green Bay was the team that knocked them out of the playoffs last year. Green Bay was a team they had to get past.

Since then, the Rams added Matthew Stafford, Von Miller and OBJ - All big names brought in order to get to the next level.

And the Rams mortgaged the future, burning most of their draft capital for next year.

So, when they failed against the Pack, that had to be a major blow. It was also their third straight defeat, and their odds of winning the division are now very long. That likely means no home playoff games in their fancy new facility.

And likely no Super Bowl berth.

The Rams lost a lot last Sunday.

For Green Bay, it's another foe vanquished and a clean sweep of the NFC West.

Not bad for a team missing three starters on the offensive line, their starting tight end, two of their best starters on defense, and a quarterback with a bad toe that didn't practice all week. Not bad at all.

The Pack has five games remaining on their schedule, three of them at Lambeau. One of the remaining road venues is at the Lions.

All in all, it's better to be the Packers right now than it is to be the Rams.

I wonder if that has occurred to OBJ?

Reaction score
When the schedule came out, I imagine the Rams had this game circled...Green Bay was the team that knocked them out of the playoffs last year. Green Bay was a team they had to get past.

Since then, the Rams added Matthew Stafford, Von Miller and OBJ - All big names brought in order to get to the next level.

And the Rams mortgaged the future, burning most of their draft capital for next year.

So, when they failed against the Pack, that had to be a major blow. It was also their third straight defeat, and their odds of winning the division are now very long. That likely means no home playoff games in their fancy new facility.

And likely no Super Bowl berth.

The Rams lost a lot last Sunday.

For Green Bay, it's another foe vanquished and a clean sweep of the NFC West.

Not bad for a team missing three starters on the offensive line, their starting tight end, two of their best starters on defense, and a quarterback with a bad toe that didn't practice all week. Not bad at all.

The Pack has five games remaining on their schedule, three of them at Lambeau. One of the remaining road venues is at the Lions.

All in all, it's better to be the Packers right now than it is to be the Rams.

I wonder if that has occurred to OBJ?
The Rams will likely be vying with teams like the Vikings for a Wildcard spot. The issue with losing to GB is that IF they even manage to get back to Lambeau (which would make sense being a lower playoff seed against a higher playoff seed) the Rams will likely face a similar team in GB, but probably a Packers team with player reinforcements.
Not good for them.

I know there’s lots of football left. But the Rams were were talking a #1 seed just 4 weeks ago. Since then they’ve spiraled. A couple more losses could jeopardize things. They’ve got a tough road ahead. @ Cards, @ Vikings, @ Ravens, plus a resurgence of the 49ers who could very be fighting for their playoff lives to finish the season. My prediction is the Rams go 10-6 and play the 49ers for a wildcard to wrap things up.
Our schedule is looking pretty good!

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Rasul Douglas has never made more than $1Mil/yr since he's been drafted and is on team #6, I believe. Wonder if he'd be a reasonable offseason signing of 3yr/$4.5Mil w/ $1Mil guaranteed (slightly over vet-min) knowing he "fits" the system? Am I dreaming and it'll take double or triple that to keep him?
Depends. If we win the Super Bowl, both Campbell and Douglas will have the Champions premium that other teams will offer in order to break us up.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends. If we win the Super Bowl, both Campbell and Douglas will have the Champions premium that other teams will offer in order to break us up.
I can see wanting to get players from a championship team to better themselves… but I would be very surprised to find out other teams GMs were willing to pay a premium for a player simply to worsen another team. I could be wrong of course … but in a league with a hard salary cap … that just sounds like a terrible way to build a team.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see wanting to get players from a championship team to better themselves… but I would be very surprised to find out other teams GMs were willing to pay a premium for a player simply to worsen another team. I could be wrong of course … but in a league with a hard salary cap … that just sounds like a terrible way to build a team.
If you can't get better make your competition worse.

D

Deleted member 6794

How? He barely plays and when he does he’s so inconsistent and typically leans on the bad side.

He’s an awful player that shouldn’t have been worth more than the veterans minimum.

King isn't an awful player but he's inconsistent and injured too much. In addition he makes too much money for his performance.

I prefer having him on the field instead of Sullivan though.

douglas has been awesome (we haven't really missed jaire). he's pushed king to cb4...maybe cb5 with the emergence of sullivan. they need to give douglas king's money and keep him a while.

Douglas has been a pleasant surprise but you're fooling yourself believing the Packers haven't missed Alexander.

In my opinion King should still be ahead of Sullivan on the depth chart.

it's mostly MLF's offense thanks to the o-line's injury status and 12's toe. dude can't hold the ball and run his old offense bs, like he has all season to this point, as much. he played well in spurts last night but missed some throws and had some throwaways with guys wide open.
the D is carrying this team at the moment. if the O (12!) can/will just get to that 2020 mindset, and stay there, they've got a really good chance to do something. they've got two more wins than i predicted to this point.

Rodgers, like the entire team, played terrible in week 1. But since then he leads the league in passer rating despite playing most of the season behind a patchwork offensive line but yet to noone's surprise you're criticizing him. It's getting old.

Unfortunately teams won't need to spend a lot of money to sign free agents away from the Packers considering the cap situation the team will be in.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King isn't an awful player but he's inconsistent and injured too much. In addition he makes too much money for his performance.

I prefer having him on the field instead of Sullivan though.

Douglas has been a pleasant surprise but you're fooling yourself believing the Packers haven't missed Alexander.

In my opinion King should still be ahead of Sullivan on the depth chart.

Rodgers, like the entire team, played terrible in week 1. But since then he leads the league in passer rating despite playing most of the season behind a patchwork offensive line but yet to noone's surprise you're criticizing him. It's getting old.

Unfortunately teams won't need to spend a lot of money to sign free agents away from the Packers considering the cap situation the team will be in.
agree with all of it.

King has a higher level of play than Sullivan. But between the injuries and unavailability from half to half or game to game and just complete lapses at times it really affects my opinion of him as a player for us. As long as he's healthy and playing to his ability, our defense is better.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About the best thing we can say about King is that he's better than he was two years ago. He had way too many mental lapses back then. Then there was the issue of his tackling. It was pretty bad. I can't say that it's better now. But, Sullivan is learning. He might have a better high side than King. We'll see.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Given our Cap situation, he is going to be a tough one to keep. Given what the Packers were willing to pay King and I think Rasul is playing better than King did last season, he is going to be offered way more than the 3yr/$4.5Mil w/ $1Mil guaranteed. I think you hit it with double or triple that.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why so many keep saying Rasul plays well in our system. Personally, I just think he is a good football player. Maybe coaches just did not like his combine numbers and never gave him much of a chance. That can go both ways. A player with great combine numbers can get too many chances. I guess maybe coaches are like fantasy players...they just like to go with someone they had picked out so they can be right.

Members online

Latest posts