Week 1 Packers @ Saints (game thread)

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not an excuse. This pinheads refs are supposed to be "professionals."
This is always one of the dumbest arguments from the people that never opened a rulebook or officiated. Professionalism should mean perfect? Stupid as can be. The game is super quick. This is why they need an extra official on video to look at these. But alas.

Reaction score
Rodgers has played a very bad game. Very bad. But I'm failing to see where some are leaping to the conclusion that he isn't trying. What exactly is this based on?

A poor performance doesn't necessarily equal lack of effort.
He’s trying but he’s very unprepared imo. It’s very apparent to me he had not had the adequate time. They take this league for granted and the league passes you by when you do that. Peyton was obviously prepared and we severely underestimated our opponent. I’d remove Rodgers immediately and put Love in. This is the type of game you then lose your QB. One of the worst games of Rodgers career, get him out.

I’m pretty certain Aaron Rodgers did this to himself. This is what happens when you make it all about you. God has spoken and he doesn’t lie and he hates the arrogant. It’s so egregious I’m not even upset. Not even a little. I’ve been on the end of this stick so I recognize it.

Im just glad Jordan gets some play. He deserves better than this circus around him

Last edited:

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've given up 24 points through 3 quarters. Not good but we've all see FAR worse.
They haven't converted a 3rd down. How many NFL games have you watched where teams haven't converted a 3rd down? This is gross.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love should be in. Not because OMG BENCH RODGERS!, But there are still 16 games left in the season, give him some reps.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has played a very bad game. Very bad. But I'm failing to see where some are leaping to the conclusion that he isn't trying. What exactly is this based on?

A poor performance doesn't necessarily equal lack of effort.
I don’t think he’s conciously not trying. He mentally quit 5 months ago. The edge is gone.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
He’s trying but he’s very unprepared imo. It’s very apparent to me he had not had the adequate time. They take this league for granted and the league passes you by when you do that. Peyton was obviously prepared and we severely underestimated our opponent. I’d remove Rodgers immediately and put Love in. This is the type of game you then lose your QB
I can't believe you're putting yourself in a position to look so bad when it's all said and done.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is always one of the dumbest arguments from the people that never opened a rulebook or officiated. Professionalism should mean perfect? Stupid as can be. The game is super quick. This is why they need an extra official on video to look at these. But alas.
You didn't have to be perfect to get that call correct. You merely had to be competent. It wasn't even close.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be nice to see Love, but at this point Rodgers looks like he could use some reps.
That’s about what I think. They need to run something until they get it right. Or be out there to endure the humiliation

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reminiscent of the Packers I grew up with--late '40s & 50's (before Lombardi).

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers look like a team that has sat out the preseason. Especially Rodgers. Terrible!

The defense looks terrible too. They have to bench King.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am embarrassed for the Packers organization. It makes the off season stuff look like it did a lot of damage. I hope for #12 's sake that he doesn't talk to the press and goes into hiding for a week. Maybe he can figure some crap out, maybe not. I actually feel sorry for him. In this situation, he is his own worst enemy. Next week will tell the story cause the crap is just going to get deeper and deeper.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The only two players I've seen today that stood out are Dillon and Bojorquez (only because he's so damn much better than Scott).

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, clearly you have zero clue what you're talking about.
Wrong. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. You're one of those referee apologists, aren't you? Good to know you're fine with the call... that it was "understandable" to you.