1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Week 1 Nickelback

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Oklahoma_Packer, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Oklahoma_Packer

Oklahoma_Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    If Al Harris isn't ready to go by week 1 (God Forbid), would that mean that Jarrett Bush would be playing Nickel? Or could Lee/Underwood fill that role? I hope Pat Lee can stay healthy because I haven't ever gotten to see him play and I'm anxious to see what he can do.

Can anyone fill me in on how well Harris is doing right now? Sorry, but I really do not want to see Bush in because it seemed like he did kind of poor filling that role last year.

Thanks.

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    As for Al Harris, last time I heard, he was acutally in GB finishing his rehab. From the videos he's able to move well:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFU07INs6yI]YouTube - Al Harris: Road to Recovery Part 16 "Come check us out"[/ame]

I don't think he'll be able to come week 1, though. I believe the last depth chart had Pat Lee at CB3 and Underwood at CB4. They were the starters when Woodson wasn't in town, Harris still injuried and Williams hadn't signed his contract...

3. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Bush omg lol

4. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Lee or Underwood.

But honestly, Harris is a beast. That video alone proves he is a monster. Last time he was hurt was the spleen injury and people said his career could be over, so he came back a few weeks later.

Long and short of it, when you say Al Harris, the translation is warrior. Don't be surprised if the dude is back by week 2.

5. claybillings

claybillings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I would sincerely hope that it's Al Harris. But that is also probably unrealistic. I would be happy if Lee were there, I really don't see Bush as anything more than the emergency back up. When everyone else is hurt, and there are no more safeties to throw out there (cough blackmon cough) that is when you call on Bush. But if Lee stays healthy I think it will be him.

6. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    The general problem here is health. All our presumptive nickelbacks except for Underwood are coming off injury: Al Harris, Pat Lee Will Blackmon. Even Derrick Martin who I've been clamoring for to get some snaps at CB rather than safety had a nagging hamstring injury last season. Apparently luck would have to fall in favor for Bush twice in order for 5 players to get injured again.